SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2011, 09:56 PM

Registered SVX
A sad ending...

Last night after work at 2:42AM I had a near head on collision with a drunk woman driving in the the wrong direction on the I-405 in Bothell Wa. I didn't see her until it was almost too late, but at the last instant swerved to the left. The impact tore the right front wheel, hub assembly and CV shaft out of my car. What a mess.
My daily driver, a red '96 LSi with 213K was in perfect operating condition. Next summer I was going to repaint her as the mirrors and quarter panel trim had faded to a different color and the hood, spoiler and bumpers had small chips.
I had just purchased 4 stock wheels for the summer touring tires I was going to put on her next spring, a spare transmission as well as a set of front CV shafts and rotors/pads for all 4 corners.
I will be in the market for a '96 or '97 as soon as this insurance stuff is settled. I loved my little red rocket ship, but now I want a black one.
I am thankful that the SVX is such a safe car. The pile of wreckage I walked away from looked like somebody probably died in there, but if you look inside and ignore the airbags and broken glass you can see that the passenger compartment is completely intact.
Drive safe my friends...