Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2012, 11:08 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: SVX Engine cooling "Again & Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
I wanted to see if I could get more info about the crossover pipe, I recall seeing a long ways back in the thread something about the IRIS system not being used on the vehicle this was fitted on so the pipe was able to be straighter. I'm just curious what changes would need to be done to make this same pipe but so it would fit on a vehicle that still has the IRIS and also more specifically what was tapped into (the heads "at the bosses for the front two cylinders on each head and ran hoses to the custom crossover pipes" not sure what Bill meant by this) and how, and what sensors are tapped into the pipe.
The part that's tapped into: On top of the engine block in addition to the two big water outlets, there are also 4 very small water outlets (2 on each side) that water flows through into the stock crossover pipe. Looks like what they did here was weld 2 small tubes on each side of the new y-pipe (gold) and attach hoses to connect them to those small outlets. I think they would have had to tap (like when you add threads to something) the holes in order to attach those fittings to them.

Sensors - basically see svxfiles' post. The two sensors look to me like the stock coolant temp sensors.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album

Last edited by icingdeath88; 07-28-2012 at 11:11 AM.