Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2012, 02:05 PM

Registered SVX
FS: (PA/NY) 2007 OBP Subaru WRX, 46K Miles, Non-Molested Engine, Super Clean

If you have any questions feel free to PM me. PMs are also the easiest way to first get in contact with me. I check this site often.

Seeing that I only have 4-5 weeks until I plan on going into the dealer for a different car, I would like to see the interest in this car and keep it local instead of just trading it in. My replacement will most likely be heavily looked into the end of Feb/beginning of March, so I'd like to have a deal in place by then or shortly after. That way we can work something out so I am not with two cars or zero cars. I may be ordering a new car so that may add to some wait time as well.

Currently in Rochester, NY but will be home in Southeastern PA at beginning of March.

Car: 2007 Subaru WRX TR in Obsidian Black Pearl, only owner
Mileage: 46,0XX (will slowly go up over time)
Transmission: Manual
VIN: JF1GD75697G509097
Factory Options:
- Autodimming Rear-View Mirror
- Rear Spoiler
- Foglights
- Carpet and All-weather Floor Mats

Service:
-Oil changed with Valvoline Full Synthetic every 3,000
-30,000 mile service done by me, brake fluid flushed and replaced with ATE amber, coolant flushed and filled with Subaru specific fluid, trans and rear diff flushed and filled with Subaru Extra S fluid, spark plugs changed with OEM plugs, Posiquiet Ceramic Pads (F+R) and new Cyro-Stop Front rotors put on. If I missed typing anything for the 30k service, I assure you it was all done.
- Rebuilt 4-pot front calipers due to one piston seized in each. I have rebuild pictures if you would like to see them.
- Meticulous care of my paint; detailing is my main hobby so my car is just about top notch. Chips are filled in with touch-up paint very quickly too. I have many pictures if you would like to see more.
- New battery from Walmart last summer. [8/11] (have receipts for 5yr warranty)
- Had the recall for the lower control arms done. POR-15 Rust-proof coating was applied.

Personal Modifications:
**would like to keep as-is, and will simply give you the stock parts I still own if wanted**
- 17x7.5 ASA JH-3 bronze wheels with 225-45-17 Continental ExtremeWinterContact, plenty of tread left (1.5 winter seasons old)
- Cusco Adjustable Rear Sway Bar 22-24-26mm [repainted red] (have stock sway)
- Cusco Rear Strut Bar
- Kartboy F+R Endlinks
- Prodrive Springs (have stock springs)

- Cobb Double Adjustable Short Shifter (have stock shifter)
- Cobb Shifter Linkage Hardened Bushings (have stock bushing)

- 35% 3M Window Tint F+R
- Red Pinstripe Tape on Grille
- Rallyarmor Classic Mud Flaps with Red Lettering
- Debadged Trunk of SUBARU and WRX (still have the logos)
- Painted rear tow hook red
- Hella Supertones [took them apart last summer to repaint and remove surface rust]
- 04/05 Impreza/WRX Taillights

- Perrin Silicone Y-pipe [makes taking off I/C so much easier when refilling transmission fluid, etc] (have stock y-pipe)
- Snorkus Delete with jscspeed.com Elbow Replacement (think I still have stock snorkus)
- Kartboy Exhaust Hangers (have stock hangers)
- Prodrive Round-Tip Axleback (have stock axleback)
- TurboXS Mid-pipe and Cat (have stock midpipe)
[[has never been stage 2 or even had an aftermarket downpipe]]
- Techna-Fit S/S Brake Lines

- Pioneer Headunit (forget which model, Ipod/Iphone ready)
- MB Quart Component Speakers, Front
- Memphis Audio Coaxial Speakers, Rear
- 12" Sub with ported box from shop that installed system
- 4x75W Memphis Audio Amp for speakers
- 300-400W Memphis Audio Amp for subwoofer

The Good:
- Car has never given me a CEL or unexpectedly had to go to a shop. Perfectly mechanically sound.
- It has never seen a track or been used in any sanctioned event. (didn't know where to exactly put this)
- Well-rounded daily driver was the goal and that's all it has ever been.
- A non-molested engine.

The Bad:
- Door dings, PDR should be able to take them all out. Paint is not missing.
- Driving from PA to NY a number of times has put small knicks and pitting on the front bumper. Nothing the 3 foot rule doesn't solve, but it's worse than a local/city driven car would experience
- Small hole on the back seat, but underneath the seat belt buckle, so rarely visible
- Squeaky clutch pedal. I've greased the fork pivot point before, but the sound came back two months later. Not a mechanical issue, just something able to be heard at low speeds.
- *will update if I think of anything else*

Price: I'd like to see $17,500. The guaranteed factory trade-in is not too much lower than that, so there isn't a huge window of negotiation. Also, please refrain from any comments on price within this thread; keep it to PMs.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask here or over PM.

Last edited by fzel07wrx; 02-10-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:05 PM

Registered SVX
Re: FS: (PA/NY) 2007 OBP Subaru WRX, 46K Miles, Non-Molested Engine, Super Clean

Old 01-26-2012, 03:07 PM

Re: FS: (PA/NY) 2007 OBP Subaru WRX, 46K Miles, Non-Molested Engine, Super Clean

OMG this is sex! I love what you did with the red accents. Also know you are making my want to repaint my car full black. Very nice i am sure this will sell in no time!
Old 01-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

Wow, I have to say you have excellent taste in Subarus and keep them in impeccable condition. Awesome work.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 01-26-2012, 08:20 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by httrdd View Post
OMG this is sex! I love what you did with the red accents. Also know you are making my want to repaint my car full black. Very nice i am sure this will sell in no time!
Thanks, once I saw the stock red brakes like that I wanted every red accent I could find.

I have it on nasioc and another local Subaru forum so hopefully I get a deal in place before I go into the dealer. Otherwise I'll settle for trade in value I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
Wow, I have to say you have excellent taste in Subarus and keep them in impeccable condition. Awesome work.
Haha we are definitely a Subaru family. That last picture shows the rare occasion of the SVX out of the garage. Thanks for the compliments!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:47 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Out of curiosity, what are you planning on getting instead?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 01-27-2012, 08:10 AM

Registered SVX

Opposite side of the spectrum... Well, in terms of a WRX.

I'd like a 2012 white WRX hatch. I still have my (gold) summer wheels and brand new 245/40/18 tires so I wanted a car that they would work on. Figured I'd keep the Subaru family intact and just go with something a little more practical with the space. I love the boxer rumble too much to move on to a different car at this point as well.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:39 AM

Registered SVX

More Pictures!

Old 01-28-2012, 10:39 AM

Registered SVX

Old 02-05-2012, 08:30 AM

Registered SVX

So my new car was ordered on 2/2/12.

But it won't be here until maybe the beginning of April. Bummer.

Soooo, if any of you are interested, we have plenttttyyyy of time to work out all the details.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:24 AM

Registered SVX

First bump in a long time.

New car should arrive around the middle of March now!

A few interested buyers seemed to take a step back for the time being so this car is still up for grabs.

Here are some new pictures after I washed the car a little over a week ago. Not bad for the middle of winter! Sorry about the darkness, I was in the shade and they are phone pictures.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:29 AM

Registered SVX

Looks like this is sold. I have a buyer flying out in a week. Thanks for all the interest here! haha

I'll have to drive my mom's outback for a week until the new WRX arrives. That means she will have to drive our 16K mile SVX for a little while. It gets to come out of the garage! She'll put less miles on it than me, so that's why she gets to be the lucky one.

Maybe I'll post up some new pictures when it's out of its hibernation.