Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX World Network Official Group Buys > Group Buys
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2011, 06:29 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Perhaps I have seen one or two episodes too many. Umm...I mean... You know.... With the kidos of course.
DeeDeeDon't touch that button, you have no idea what it

does.....
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 02-07-2011, 02:58 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Geoff Send a message via Yahoo to Geoff
Registered SVX

Nevin - Any fixes for the end link ratta-tattle yet?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:02 PM

Yes, I do believe we've come up with something.

OT clued me in on a set of endlinks that he found. I ordered a set just this morning for myself to see, but he claims he got them to work just fine.

As soon as I get them in the car and double check everything, I think we'll be a go. I just want to make sure they'll work fine for myself first.

Sorry to leave everyone hanging. I know you're all being very patient with me and I appreciate it. I just bought a car in los angeles on friday night after flying there then drove it back this weekend. So, it's been a long weekend (1920 miles worth in 2 days) and I'm just playing catch-up now.

We'll get this on the move soon though!

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:44 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
Yes, I do believe we've come up with something.

OT clued me in on a set of endlinks that he found. I ordered a set just this morning for myself to see, but he claims he got them to work just fine.

As soon as I get them in the car and double check everything, I think we'll be a go. I just want to make sure they'll work fine for myself first.

Sorry to leave everyone hanging. I know you're all being very patient with me and I appreciate it. I just bought a car in los angeles on friday night after flying there then drove it back this weekend. So, it's been a long weekend (1920 miles worth in 2 days) and I'm just playing catch-up now.

We'll get this on the move soon though!
Cool, glad to hear this is starting back up. What kind of car did you get that was worth driving all the way from LA for?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 02-07-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Cool, glad to hear this is starting back up. What kind of car did you get that was worth driving all the way from LA for?
Well, what else would be worth it, but another SUBARU!!!

And no, the svx isn't going anywhere. I'm getting rid of my daily driver, the mazda mx6. 'Twas a good car, but it'd seen better days.

It's an '02 5-sp with 229k miles. No reason to be afraid of high miles on a soo-bah-roo, right?

Old 02-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Hi Mr. Penguin!

Registered SVX

Well, I forsee a new turbo in your immediate future if the stock one is still somehow miraculously still there and working . Other than that, you should be pretty good.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Ursalia View Post
Well, I forsee a new turbo in your immediate future if the stock one is still somehow miraculously still there and working . Other than that, you should be pretty good.
Yep, he sold me one with the car. I'll probably have it ported, rebuilt, and have the compressor housing ceramic coated before I put it in. Also got an HKS carbon Ti turboback exhaust for the thing to do at the same time, and I'll probably go ahead and do the uppipe too. Getting rid of heat is the name of the game.

Within the last 5k miles its had a clutch, timing belt, ball joints, brakes, and some other minor work done, so I'm really not afraid of it.

p.s. that was the factory clutch, and it lasted 223k miles.

Last edited by Nevin; 02-07-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:17 PM
LunarShred

Wow hardcore driving man. Please let me know if they work out better than the previous ones. I'll try and check back on here periodically. I'm doing a whole suspension overhaul on mine and I'd love for the sway bar to be icing on the cake.

Later

- 1992 SVX LS-L Touring 5-speed turbo

http://www.facebook.com/UntoldLegacy1
Old 02-10-2011, 12:13 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Geoff Send a message via Yahoo to Geoff
Registered SVX

I just want less clunky-clunk. I've had people ask me what's in my trunk numerous times. LOL
Old 02-10-2011, 12:47 PM

Registered SVX

Yea I'm in for just a set of the endlinks. I have plenty of rattles and noises as it is lol
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 02-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Yea I'm in for just a set of the endlinks. I have plenty of rattles and noises as it is lol
I don't understand this at all. Tom at AWD installed the swaybar and heim endlinks at his shop. About a week later I noticed an ever so slight rubbing-type squeak occasionally.

While the car was on the ground, I slightly loosened both the top and bottom mounting bolts, sprayed them with Tri-flow lubricant, and re-tightened them. Noise gone.

To this day no squeaks, rattles or knocking at all. Quiet as a well-fed cat.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 02-10-2011, 01:27 PM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
I don't understand this at all. Tom at AWD installed the swaybar and heim endlinks at his shop. About a week later I noticed an ever so slight rubbing-type squeak occasionally.

While the car was on the ground, I slightly loosened both the top and bottom mounting bolts, sprayed them with Tri-flow lubricant, and re-tightened them. Noise gone.

Just like womenz, John!

The bar is perfectly made, some of the links develope play.
On a loud race car you would want the strongest links that you could get.
The replacement links came to me today, but the lift is currently tied up with a trans swap and repair.
As soon as the lift is free I will install the bar on my New Pearlie and I believe it will be fine.

On the other hand John, since you are as old as dirt you just might not hear a rattle.

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 02-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles View Post
On the other hand John, since you are as old as dirt you just might not hear a rattle.

Don't single me out. We have Ron, Harry, Keith and Trevor also in this club.

Making it to this point after being born in the first half of the last century deserves a little respect.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 02-10-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:38 PM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Don't single me out. We have Ron, Harry, Keith and Trevor also in this club. I remember when we INVENTED the club!

Making it to this point after being born in the first half of the last century deserves a little respect. :

Don't worry John, I have the greatest respect for Ron, Harry, Keith and Trevor!

TEE,HEE,HEE, snort!

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 02-10-2011, 06:27 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:

Yea I wouldn't describe it as a squeak, it's definitely more of a rattle.