Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 12:58 PM

Registered SVX
Re: CAI Feeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
Any pics of the custom stuff?
I agree, why would you bother to post pics of some filters you just bought?

Edit:
I know why now... It is July 30th...

Last edited by Lookin4SVX; 07-30-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:25 PM

Why in the name of hell are all of you being such dicks to Johnybeas? I would LOVE to see ANY of you develop a custom product, test and tune it, then sell it on a professional market. These things take TIME. So gawd damn what if it takes longer that projected. He's making a custom component for a car that has little to no after market support. F'ing deal with it. All I hear from svx owners is bitc'ing and butthurt. You dont like it? Then why dont YOU (cam) "Man the F'ck up" and make your own parts? Go buy copious amounts of polished tube aluminum, purchase a mandril tube bender, become skilled in tig welding, and get your ass to fabricating instead of bitc'ing and harassing one of the few people who actually give a s'hit enough about what our cars are capable of.
Im making performance parts for My car. Ill be selling them in batches if they work. Johnybeas is making parts FOR our cars. For our market. Just for svx owners. I could, in all honesty, give a rats ass if you buy the speed parts that im making. Im not making them for you. He is.
It will get done and im certain that you all will be pleased with the results.
Chill out.
*rant over*

Last edited by smc; 07-30-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

I did do the r&d on this intake... i did all the hard work... he is outsourcing to make a copy of said product. That said... there is no good reason people who paid should have to wait over a year from initial projections. It is a gross mismanagement of funds and resources that has put this on for so long and johnny is to blame. Paying customers have 100%to right to call him out on what is going on with their money. You have no leg to stand on saying any different.

Tom
Old 07-30-2012, 09:06 PM

I do whole heartily agree that this is unacceptable on the point of the few who had pre-paid for the intake system. He should have created the product Then put it up for sale. Anything you build for market is an invesment. You put money into it, then hopefully you make it back or even make a profit. Lesson learned on his behalf. Anything more than a few months lead time, and I would have gotten my money back and moved on. To those who ordered, you have very right to want your product. To those who are ranting and raving just for the sake of it, is however unacceptable. Its like having the table next to you yell at your waiter because your food isnt here yet.

Perhaps I jumped the gun here with my earlier post. And so be it. I said what I said and I do stand behind it. That being, it still blows my mind as to how venomous people can be online toward others.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Its like having the table next to you yell at your waiter because your food isnt here yet.
Well, sort of, but only if the folks at the table next to you are in your circles, if the waiter is also the cook and the owner, and if the waiter/cook/owner is copping an attitude because people are getting a little agitated over the meal that they prepaid for that's long past due and not issuing refunds because the waiter/cook/owner has already tied up the money with something else, leaving his patrons stuck on the hook.

Not for nothin', but if I stood up for the guy when he was legitimately busy (it's in this thread, I'll wait...), I can be the guy at the next table.

The bottom line is that he's not gone even as far as posting a picture of a finished product which was due about 22 hours ago Utah time, claiming that time has been holding him back. Meantime, we have eleventybillion angles of purchased parts.

So, let's scrub the venom and call it just like this:

If this product is done, just as everyone here as well as the Better Business Bureau were told it would be, let's see one picture.

This took three minutes to shoot, upload and post:

Click for bigger if it helps. Enough time? Let three minutes of sleep go and satisfy the customers who've paid months and months ago?
Old 07-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
I did do the r&d on this intake... i did all the hard work... he is outsourcing to make a copy of said product. That said... there is no good reason people who paid should have to wait over a year from initial projections. It is a gross mismanagement of funds and resources that has put this on for so long and johnny is to blame. Paying customers have 100%to right to call him out on what is going on with their money. You have no leg to stand on saying any different.

Tom
yeah, what YT said...

and just to be complete, YT did all the R&D for the Hydra, YT & I did all the R&D for the KMAC Camber/Caster plates, I did the R&D on the large rear sway bar, Huck did the R&D on the 5 speed mod, and OT did the R&D for the 4.44, fiberglass hood, 15 min, and 20 min mods. In each case, we did the R&D out of our own pockets and never realized any financial gains.

Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker

Last edited by SVXRide; 07-30-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:56 PM

Now this is information I didnt realize. In his posts, or website, it didn't give credit where credit was due for what he was selling. I was under the impression that he was alone in developing the products. Getting the hydra system setup and so-on. Little did I realize. Due to that, I got a bit steamed as it seemed that people were harping on him due to development time and fabrication. Which I understand, being in the field, can take quite a bit of time and funding. After your posts, I began digging into the network archives and reading up on the situation in detail as to who came up with what.
I also didnt realize that people actually paid in advance for the cia kit. What tends to be a common theme other forums,( pirate4x4, specialstage, dirty impreza and naioc etc.) is a "who is interested?" sign up. Then it appeared that people were griping that its taking so long to get out something that was under development.

My apologies, as it seems that my need to defend the home fabricator jumped to the fore front. I've had people in the past troll me about custom components for rock crawlers and misc items that I created due to the time it took to make them from scratch with basic tools. It left a dark spot with me toward such situations and I took a impassioned leap.

Again, now that ive read far deeper into the situation, I understand your founded frustration.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:54 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
yeah, what YT said...

and just to be complete, YT did all the R&D for the Hydra, YT & I did all the R&D for the KMAC Camber/Caster plates, I did the R&D on the large rear sway bar, Huck did the R&D on the 5 speed mod, and OT did the R&D for the 4.44, fiberglass hood, 15 min, and 20 min mods. In each case, we did the R&D out of our own pockets and never realized any financial gains.

Bill
Don't forget Nevin's rear bar.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:15 AM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Now this is information I didnt realize. In his posts, or website, it didn't give credit where credit was due for what he was selling. I was under the impression that he was alone in developing the products. Getting the hydra system setup and so-on. Little did I realize. Due to that, I got a bit steamed as it seemed that people were harping on him due to development time and fabrication. Which I understand, being in the field, can take quite a bit of time and funding. After your posts, I began digging into the network archives and reading up on the situation in detail as to who came up with what.
I also didnt realize that people actually paid in advance for the cia kit. What tends to be a common theme other forums,( pirate4x4, specialstage, dirty impreza and naioc etc.) is a "who is interested?" sign up. Then it appeared that people were griping that its taking so long to get out something that was under development.

My apologies, as it seems that my need to defend the home fabricator jumped to the fore front. I've had people in the past troll me about custom components for rock crawlers and misc items that I created due to the time it took to make them from scratch with basic tools. It left a dark spot with me toward such situations and I took a impassioned leap.

Again, now that ive read far deeper into the situation, I understand your founded frustration.
I am glad you can understand where it cones from. For me it is a shame to see this kind of business done on this board. Was i perfect? Far from it. Yet i would not be able to sleep at night and sometimes worked through the night to make sure my customers were treated fairly. I expect anyone who does any business on this board to give 100% of their best effort to do the right thing.

I ask any and all people who have pre paid for this intake to get their records together and contact the bbb and seek a way to get your $ back if Johnny does not have a tracking # for you by the end of the day. This way it can finally be put to rest and the board can make decisions as to gow to deal with the rest.

Tom
Old 07-31-2012, 09:26 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest View Post
Don't forget Nevin's rear bar.
And alltrack (Victor) for the Outlaw Engineering Phenolic Spacers.
LAN and Mychailo have done their share.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 07-31-2012, 12:39 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Everyone who bought in has been contacted via multiple means and each person is being dealt with and updated on an individual basis as my business is with them, not the rest of you at this point. Pictures of the completed intake will come up when they are available.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:11 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
Everyone who bought in has been contacted via multiple means and each person is being dealt with and updated on an individual basis as my business is with them, not the rest of you at this point. Pictures of the completed intake will come up when they are available.
I can attest to the above. I have been dealing with Johny the last couple days to help him figure out what he can do about all this. No one has learned more from this whole debacle than Johny, that's for sure. He started this off with a lot of enthusiasm and not nearly enough experience, of which very little enthusiasm is left, and much experience has been gained. Pitchforks down, guys.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 08-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Any updates? Refunds, deliveries, etc..?

Moderating minds need to know.

You can PM if you prefer..

Thanks

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com
Old 09-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Did this end well?

Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 09-09-2012, 12:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX

I'm really curious how these came out. Does anybody have any pics of the final product after installation? Were they worth the wait?
2001 Audi S8
Closed Thread