How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2012, 07:35 PM

Registered SVX
Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Swapped out my STi wheels and Potenzas for my winter tires on stock wheels.

Also I think I found the reason for my AC compressor never turning off. Now I just gotta fix it...

SOLD - 1992 LSL 180K #8588 with svxfiles' all aluminum radiator; Wolf's head synthetic ATF in tranny and power steering; lighted power mode switch; Mobil 1 10W30 motor oil with Bosch 72158 filter; ACDelco A975C air filter; Valvoline synthetic 75W-90 gear oil, Optima BlueTop battery
2002 F550 74K
SOLD - 2000 F450 215K
1987 BMW 535i 209K
1999 Yamaha SRX 700
Old 09-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

Nate and I drove 30 miles to where my car was broke down at, to find out that I wasn't getting power because of a main connector on my power terminal was loose.... *facepalm*
Old 09-29-2012, 09:04 PM

Registered SVX

Had the check engine light come on and go right back off a few times over last month or so. Decided to check what was going on found 3 codes 21- water temp sensor 29- crank angle sensor #2 and 37- 02 sensor 2 (LH)
placed both wires in both terminals to clear and they would not clear, I did the clearing process turned the key off pulled the test terminal lead out and turned the key on all 3 codes were still there, engine had not been running to turn the codes back on.

Pulled the battery terminals off removed the alt and pulled and cleaned both crank sensors put it back together put started the car ran it for 5 mins and checked the codes none showed up.
Not sure if there is a problem with the test terminal or what the deal was.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

Claybarred, de-swirled and waxed the roof, hood, fenders and doors. My car hasn't been washed in almost a year (storage all winter and 6MT swap most of the summer), so the paint was/is severely contaminated. I had to claybar the windows to get them cleaned properly. Tomorrow I'll remove the spoiler so I can get the trunk done properly, followed by the rear quarters and all the plastics. Still have to get the interior clean too.

I also finished trimming my shifter surround to fit the STi bezel, I'll install that tomorrow as well.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 09-29-2012, 09:48 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
Had the check engine light come on and go right back off a few times over last month or so. Decided to check what was going on found 3 codes 21- water temp sensor 29- crank angle sensor #2 and 37- 02 sensor 2 (LH)
placed both wires in both terminals to clear and they would not clear, I did the clearing process turned the key off pulled the test terminal lead out and turned the key on all 3 codes were still there, engine had not been running to turn the codes back on.

Pulled the battery terminals off removed the alt and pulled and cleaned both crank sensors put it back together put started the car ran it for 5 mins and checked the codes none showed up.
Not sure if there is a problem with the test terminal or what the deal was.
I don't know why, but I have never been able to get codes to clear using the wires either.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 09-30-2012, 02:37 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Replaced my Chinese sports seats rails with OEM non electric SVX ones. I had to fabricate adapters for them. Reason why is because the OEM rails do lock on both sides when moving the seats back and forth, whereas the Chinese lock on only one side. Whenever you brake in the car, you feel the seat move underneath you.

Next on the list, I will attempt to fab custom 4 shock system for the trunk. I found locally some strongarm shocks... I have some idea in mind.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:10 AM

Registered SVX

This week replaced all 4 rotting out OEM paper speakers with pairs of bargain-priced Scosche HDs from Walmart.
Took all of 4 hours over two days - rears took the longest with careful pre-planning removing the panels. Used the original 'L' connector pads soldered onto the new speaker's lugs to avoid unsightly splicing.
Fronts gasketed & bolted to the original pan mounts leaving 1/4" clearance away from the lowered window point.

Very pleased with the results. Anything is better than the OEM paper 'full range'. :-)
OEM factory radio/CD has to be turned to ear splitting max to cause distortion but at regular listening levels they give clear highs & midrange and clean thrumpy bass. In fact I had to dial back the treble setting.
Probably add a Subaru underseat subwoofer in the Spring - I have two in the Outback XT and an extra unit on the shelf. They do add a substantial bottom end support for all your basic audio needs, without the expense of custom boxes taking up trunk space. I'm not interested in fracturing pavement here. :-)
1994 Emerald Pearl LSi w 2006 WRX 5 spd manual.
1997 Laguna Blue LSi, 46k miles (73345 Kms). One owner 25 years, always garaged, pampered and 9/10 showroom condition. Possibly the last Canadian spec Laguna ordered #100134

Last edited by Old Davy; 09-30-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 AM

Registered SVX

Add a blue tooth to the car. Got sick of getting calls I could not answer. Also trying to talk and shift got old really fast. Can now call anyone now with one button touch . I can tell who is calling before I answer. It hangs up automatically it pairs up automatic. And if I wish I can even listen to the call through the car stereo. I am a happy SVXer..
Old 09-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Posting since Dec.'98

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
Add a blue tooth to the car. Got sick of getting calls I could not answer. Also trying to talk and shift got old really fast. Can now call anyone now with one button touch . I can tell who is calling before I answer. It hangs up automatically it pairs up automatic. And if I wish I can even listen to the call through the car stereo. I am a happy SVXer..
What kind of unit did you use?
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:52 AM

Registered SVX

I have the iPhone 4S .. I bought a Jabra Cruiser. I did not attach it to the fragile sun visor. I attached it to the headliner just above the driver door. Fits perfectly. Rechargeable battery , good for 20 days stand by or 14 hours of talk . Recharges off the car battery or computer USB in 2 hours. I guess you could hook it up wired permanently with a little work. Cost on line about $60[IMG][/IMG]
Note also would hold up a droopy visor if I had one.

Last edited by Conn SVX; 09-30-2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Picture
Old 09-30-2012, 06:21 PM

Registered SVX

Pulled the headlights off of my '92 donor to have them restored and add an HID upgrade to use on my '97.

Washed and waxed the '97 and put in the winter floor mats, but can't bring myself to put on the snow tires yet...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2217.jpg (733.0 KB, 419 views)
'97 Ebony LSi #426, CDM (1 of 51 in '97), 185k km, rebuilt engine & transfer case; 22mm Bontrager RSB; 4300k HID 9006 bulbs SOLD
'92 Ebony LS-L #6851, USDM (sold)
'08 Forester (wife's)
'06 STi (traded for the Forester)
'94 Legacy wagon (sold)

Last edited by Rod.; 09-30-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Used that 3M complete fuel system kit - 3 bottles. One in the tank, One is like a seafoam that you stick a tube in the intake and skunk it in while the engine is running, and one is a TB cleaner. Drowned the IAC valve.

Idle problem still there.

Guess it's time to order a TB gasket and pull that thing off to replace the IAC valve.

302k and counting! Christine is angry. She knows.....

I keep telling her everything is the same....nothing has changed
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:35 AM

Registered SVX

seafoamed through the iacv and fuel tank and its running quite a bit smoother.
1992 SVX Pearlie: AmsOil signature synthetic 10w40 and Ea15k20 filter, Cobb crank pulley, Outlaw Engineering spacers and tb bypass, LGT 5spd, Slotted Crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads, 11:1 compression, EGR delete, Port & Polished heads, SaikoMichi catch can, A/c delete.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:15 AM

Registered SVX

Ordered two SVX caps and the 2012 wall calender from Cafe Press via huck369. Or is that huck369 via Cafe Press?

There's a 10% off promo code in effect until Oct 5. Get 'em while ya can...

I'm a baldie so ball caps are a must. How nifty is it to have an imprinted H6 cap to match the SVX, than always wearing one of my Subaru generics?
1994 Emerald Pearl LSi w 2006 WRX 5 spd manual.
1997 Laguna Blue LSi, 46k miles (73345 Kms). One owner 25 years, always garaged, pampered and 9/10 showroom condition. Possibly the last Canadian spec Laguna ordered #100134
Old 10-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Davy View Post
Ordered two SVX caps and the 2012 wall calender from Cafe Press via huck369. Or is that huck369 via Cafe Press?

There's a 10% off promo code in effect until Oct 5. Get 'em while ya can...

I'm a baldie so ball caps are a must. How nifty is it to have an imprinted H6 cap to match the SVX, than always wearing one of my Subaru generics?
Seems like someone else ordered one of those caps and wasn't really happy with it, I hope yours turn out better...

The Calendar will have this years art on it, until I update it with the new pics (but still need some more )
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"