Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 04:15 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: CAI Feeler

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAItheysaid.jpg (90.7 KB, 728 views)
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 03-03-2012, 09:39 PM

I have been keeping an eye on this thread for a few weeks now, I look forward to seeing this project completed.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:10 AM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx

Looks around, then returns to the abyss.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 03-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

This is what has been ordered, pics to come. That is all
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EMJ- Quote125369_161548.pdf (346.2 KB, 341 views)
Old 03-11-2012, 10:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

I think you accidentally posted the quote for the material, not the invoice.
2001 Audi S8
Old 03-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Its also for trustreet perf.....

It was also in october...

Thats not proof of anything except you thought about doing it months after you took deposits.

Figure your **** out b4 you take anyones $

I put out thousands for the hydra before i sold anyone on it... i also handed it to you thinking someone might b able to merely keep it going... i was mistaken badly
Tom

Last edited by TomsSVX; 03-12-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Its also for trustreet perf.....

It was also in october...

Thats not proof of anything except you thought about doing it months after you took deposits.

Figure your **** out b4 you take anyones $

I put out thousands for the hydra before i sold anyone on it... i also handed it to you thinking someone might b able to merely keep it going... i was mistaken badly
Tom
That quote was the original quote it has since been ordered, I am not pushing any products on anyone right now and I'm not trying to "prove" anything, just trying to show the cost of the material and quantities. It was something temporary to throw up to keep people informed. I spoke with the representative over the phone and he misheard me and put it as True street instead of TruSpeed, it has since been updated and fixed. I material has been given to an annealer and I didn't take the pictures of it before it went I am going next week to pick it up and will take pictures then.

I've put info on the hydra on multiple sites, but it was the same as when you were selling it. The info is there, I've had it available, answered everyone's questions and had multiple people say they had plans to purchase them but haven't yet.

If people really want "proof" that I acted immediately you can view the attached paypal receipt. I never had paper quotes from the first two mandrel benders. I spoke with them over the phone and in person. I also had a partner that I was working on the project with me that has since backed out. He has receipts for materials used for tiging the initial intake.

You can speak with RUKTek here in Sandy, DR Gas here in Sandy, or Jar-Tech in Wyoming about the bending quotes that they made or the multiple times I worked with them about the bending. RUKTek was supposed to be getting in a 3in. die so they could help me on the bending, but ended up not having the funding and took forever to decide they couldn't do the bending. I then worked with DR Gas who said they would supply the material and do the bending, I spent 3 months calling every few days and stopping by weekly with continued promises that they were working on it and would get back to me.

Finally he said he hadn't called any of the aluminum suppliers and gave me their information so that I could contact them. After calling and quoting with 5 different companies and checking to see if they had the aluminum that would work with DR Gas's bender. I had the aluminum ready to be ordered and then DR Gas changed their pricing on how much they were going to charge me for the bending I said ok fine, not a problem and I had cash in hand ready, he kept saying I need to check with the owner (his father) I need to check if he'll take on the project.

After a few more months and of games and lies he said finally that they would not take on the project because they thought it wouldn't be worth their time. I did more research found another bender in Wyoming, called and they said they'd take on the project. I shipped the first prototype to him which he promised to get right on, and once it was received he called with clarification questions. I responded and he said he would have an intake prototype in steel shipped to me in a week.

I called a week later when I had still yet to receive the prototype and asked if he had shipped it. He said he hadn't completed the prototype and that they were swamped and that it wouldn't be out for another week. I called again couldn't get ahold of them and again a few days later. I played this game for another month and when I finally got ahold of someone it was the owner who said he didn't know anything about the project and that the guy who was supposed to be doing it for me was out of town working on another project.

He gave me the guys cell and I finally got ahold of him and he said he had left the package with the owner to have it shipped to me and that he would get me a tracking number later that day. Never heard from him. Heard from him a week later and got a tracking number and a package shortly after.

I test fitted and replied with feedback. He said he was going to source the material and then we could bend it. He made some calls and got back to me a few days later. He said that the material he found needed to be annealed before he could bend it, so I did some research and found annealers and got price quotes and then attempted to get the aluminum.

After that it's been back ordered material and funding etc. I have the material in and being annealed. It will be bent to shape and welded etc. product will be hardened, one will be powdercoated, they will be packaged and shipped, while they are being shipped the intake that I have here will be Dyno tested and compared to other products and results will be posted. This is the remaining time frame.

I have revised the original post with correct info.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PayPal_invoice_MaxRedline.pdf (218.3 KB, 309 views)

Last edited by Johnybeas; 03-12-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:30 PM

Not being one of the original investors gives me the unique perspective to say:

Everyone quit quibbling about this and just get the project finished so I can purchase a finished product!!!

Last edited by cthommes; 04-05-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:31 AM
Banned

Registered SVX

Spoke with the annealer today, aluminum will be ready for pick up on Friday. I will be calling the bender tomorrow to schedule a time for him to start bending.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:25 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
If he tells you to bite his shiny metal ass just run a magnet over his head. That will whip him into shape.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:12 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
If he tells you to bite his shiny metal ass just run a magnet over his head. That will whip him into shape.
lololol fgdfgd
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 03-20-2012, 09:36 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
"Jimmy crack corn, and I don't care!"
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 03-20-2012, 10:21 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles View Post
"Jimmy crack corn, and I don't care!"
Take THAT you stupid corn!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:57 PM
SVX n00b

Registered SVX

Tick-tock...
Old 04-07-2012, 07:02 AM

Damn guys pm Jake from fapfab! He will whip yiu up an full intake it will look and function amazing. You guys have some real patience to deal with this guy!