Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Turbo Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2010, 11:36 PM

Re: SMALL single turbo project, thoughts welcome!

Buttoned up the exhaust with gaskets, lengthened the O2 sensor harnesses and plugged them in, and installed the wideband. Didn't get a chance to play with it as I've gotten the fuel rails torn back out. The new rails are ready to go in, they look just the same with the exception of the shiny new injector ports, so that's all I'm posting pics of. You can find them in the fuel rail thread in general.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:37 PM

Well, hit a fairly significant setback. The little pump I got to scavenge the oil simply isn't going to cut it. It may pump enough hot oil to keep it from backing up in the turbo, but it certainly won't do it with cold oil. Consequently, I'm not going to be able to put the turbo on until after the holidays, because I'm going to have to spend a couple hundred bucks on a real scavenge pump and I simply can't spare that until after Christmas is out of the way.

The good news is, that'll give me more time to get the tuning figured out, and address the idle issues and such.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Driving in Style

Don't forget about us after the break!

1992 SVX Purple and Black 5 speed swap

SOLD
*1993 SVX Silver and Black
*1994 SVX L Barcelona Red FWD
Old 12-26-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd2649 View Post
Don't forget about us after the break!
No worries, I'm planning to hit this project hard again here in about a week and a half. I've got to make sure my roommates are going to come up with rent on time, and then I should be able to get that pump here and do some assembly. I'm still very excited about this project, but as predicted, the holidays are really slowing me down. I've been out of town, and am back for like 2 days, and will be out of town again for about a week...so haven't had any time at all to work on anything.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Driving in Style

I hear ya, busiest time of the year for some of us.

1992 SVX Purple and Black 5 speed swap

SOLD
*1993 SVX Silver and Black
*1994 SVX L Barcelona Red FWD
Old 12-29-2010, 01:26 AM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx

*sigh* Man, you are killing me here. Stepped away for a week so I could get all excited when I got back to this thread and now reading you are going to be away.

Looking forward to it when you get back. Good luck bro!
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 01-03-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephTheChef View Post

Don't really care, I'm going with a China-bay turbo anyway...so when it fries itself then it'll just be time to upgrade to a bigger, better turbo.
I went through two of those in one summer on a project I did a few years back on an accord (don't give me any crap about being a tuner, ex's car)
After going sideways in town this past Sat. I decided I will be adding a turbo to my SVX before spring, well that's the plan. I will be using a K26 from an audi for two reasons, one is it is water-cooled and two, I have a pile of 'em. I am only planning on 4-5psi max boost as the car has got some miles.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:53 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx

1 month later.....

Any updates? I just got back to the site and thought this'd be a couple pages long by now.
***R.I.P***
Old 01-30-2011, 05:50 PM

Yeah, I'm real sorry I haven't been updating guys, I've been stuck in hell lately. My grandparents, and great aunts/uncles are all getting to a delicate age (85-100) and I've spent a large part of my time lately traveling down to visit. My great uncle (who I've always been very close to) had a double bypass about a month ago, and has also been having other problems. My grandmother just had a knee replacement about 2 weeks ago, and one of my Great Aunts passed away, all in the same month so I've been very busy spending time with the family.

I've made absolutely zero progress on this car. In fact, I've neglected it so badly that the brand new battery that I put in it 2 months ago is now dead and won't take a charge (****ing cold weather...). With all the work I've been missing for family stuff, I've decided I really need to prioritize a little better so this weekend I've been putting my VR-4 back together. It should be $6-8,000 in my pocket just as soon as I can get it going and sold, which should make finishing up the SVX pretty trivial in financial terms. All I'm really lacking to finish this project is the $200 scavenge pump...unfortunately, that's a pretty critical piece of the puzzle as I can't even mount the turbo until I have the oiling taken care of.

If all goes well with the VR-4, and nobody dies, I should start paying the SVX some attention here in a couple of weeks to a month. Again, sorry for the sudden stop in updates, I know it's entirely opposite my character. I hope to resume work very soon.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:43 AM

Sigh...money's still tight and the heater's been broken in the shop so I haven't been working much. Really would like to get rolling on this project again, but it looks like it's still going to be a little while. I've got some birthday money so I'll hopefully get that pump bought to at least have it ready to go.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:23 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

It's Spring time, can't hide behind that broken heater excuse anymore

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 05-01-2011, 02:33 PM

Yeah, for all my impressively quick progress over month 1 of this project, I haven't touched it since. Sorry all, just haven't been able to find the time, or excess money. I WILL be getting back to this, and when I do, I'll be just as diligent with the updates as I once was. I've just had a lot going on.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:01 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Saw it coming...
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 05-02-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Saw it coming...
Well that is how these things go, isn't it? I do want to get back on this project though. Badly. Gotta finish up at least one money-maker project first though. The good news is, I just painted one of my project cars and am getting it ready for sale, so I really should be back on this sooner rather than later.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:48 AM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Haven't been at this site for a while now. Just logged on and went to this thread first. Sorry to read about the progress. Oh well!
***R.I.P***