How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Eddycat's Garage
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2001, 01:08 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000

I'm going to think long and hard about this post Aredubjay.

<<I will lose more members>>

And I wasn't aware that this was *your* site.
Please do. That's what it was intended for.

As for the "I will lose more members" remark, it was in direct response to:

<<Aredub...start wielding that power thing and you will lose members here. >>
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-08-2001, 01:32 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Please do. That's what it was intended for.

As for the "I will lose more members" remark, it was in direct response to:

<<Aredub...start wielding that power thing and you will lose members here. >>
Well thank you for making up my mind Aredubjay. You may now officially close Eddycat's garage, delete my account and I wish all of you the best.

Goodbye all.
Old 09-08-2001, 06:45 PM
ehyde111

Loosing members

Quote:

Well thank you for making up my mind Aredubjay. You may now officially close Eddycat's garage, delete my account and I wish all of you the best.

Goodbye all.
Aw crap! Eddycat, don't leave. I haven't contributed to this thread yet because I thought it was best to let it die. I've seen other groups go bad this way and thought this one was different. Over the past 3 months (new SVX owner, yes). I've been amazed how on topic and respectful (for lack of a better word) this site has been. This was the first time where it looked like members were actually getting angry. Suprised me to say the least. Anyway, there is little to no other support for the SVX out there. The two dealers within 100 miles of me stink and value the info on this site -- and in this garage-- greatly.

Like I said, don't leave. Just let this stuff blow over and get back to the way things have been.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 09-08-2001, 09:37 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Angry

Quote:

Goodbye all.
I have tried my best to stay out of this mess, other than to attempt a bit of light chat & humor in a meager attempt help diffuse this totally unnessary finger wagging. Look, you two (or three), we got cars that look alike, but each one has its own personality & problems, just like all the members here have his/her own personality & problems. The young distrust the old. The old distrust the young. We wonder why Israel & Palestine can't seem to end the bloodshed. Well, it's an eye for an eye for an eye for an eye - 'til everyone's blind, as someone more profound than I, has said. I joined this club because I'm an old fool with a new toy & the information I've gathered has been invaluable. Whether it came from old pros or young bucks is irrelevant. I don't expect anyone's advise to be gospel. If I did, I'd go to the archieves, print what I saw & stick it up the nose of some poor mechanic. I wasn't expecting a love-fest here, but I do think most of us feel that we'd rather down a few with SVX club members than the dork at work whose life revolves around how his sports team did last night.
Let's back off, "ladies & gentlemen", & act like the title befits us.
Ron Mummert/tsutsuhund

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 09-08-2001, 10:54 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Since I'm a bit masochistic, I figure I'll chime in here as well.

It will be a shame to lose Eddycat on this board, as his diagnostic skills without seeing the car has been invaluable for many of us on this board, and generally spot on. HOWEVER...

Quote:
Would you care to stop stomping your feet and throwing a temper tantrum like a 3 year old? (I'm quite sure you've noticed that not only your new posts, but every post you've made here has your childish disclaimer on it.)
Eddy, by leaving this board you will in effect be throwing a temper tantrum like a 3 year old. This is no different than saying if we don't play by your rules you won't play at all.

Quote:
You can call me a retarded old fart all day long if you wish, it's no skin off my nose, you see, I have a sense of humor, warped though it may be.
So calling you a retard is OK, but pointing you out as a hypocrite, which is what Aredub has done, is off bounds? I don't quite follow the logic here...

Quote:
As far as Ryan's comments go...ahhh to be young and know it all.
Quote:
Wouldn't want that crown and scepter to raise his (already inflated) ego to new levels.
Quote:
Perhaps, (not), but my take on that post was that it was made by a power crazed egomaniac.
Quote:
Oh, I'm quite aware of how I can avoid difficulty here. But thank you for setting me straight oh high grand exalted poobah.
I've pulled these 4 quotes from your messages in this thread. I don't believe I've quoted these out of context. If you can dish out the insults, you should surely be able to take them back. Furthermore, if you do indeed have that warped sense of humour, you would take the critisms made at you, some of which are tongue in cheek, in stride.

Quote:
And I wasn't aware that this was *your* site.
This may be YOUR forum, but this is not YOUR site either. If Chris had problems with Aredub as the moderator, let him decide. As a moderator, it's Aredub's job to intervene when he sees a problem or when things become out of control. Even though Chris "owns" this board, and has put an enormous amount of effort along with others to get this board going, I feel that Aredub has contributed just as much to this board, with his generally positive attitude, his "cheerleader"ing, his inputs, and his feedbacks. This is not to take anything away from you, as you too have been a huge asset, with the most qualified skills relating to the SVX of the 300 members here, and by offering diagnostics and advice for free. You too are in important part of this board.

Quote:
One thing that I won't stand for is someone with a big spoon stirring up stuff all the time just because they're bored.
This comment may be a little harsh from Aredub, but it is certainly NO harsher than the four comments I quoted from you, one directed at Nvrmore and three directed at Aredub. As I said, if you can dish it, you should expect to take it.

As for "stirring it up", in the most important respect, this is no different than the 14-year-old-brochure-toting-boy-spewing-BS fiasco. The end result in both cases is that people get offended, everyone gets upset, and a sour aftertaste is left for all to be had.

----------

Whether you come back or not is your own decision. Whether I'm a young fart or not is irrevalent. Whether you are an old fart or not is also irrevalent. I call is as I see it, just as you have done.

You are an asset, and you are valued by all of us as an asset. We'd just wish the a$$ wasn't in the asset.

Don a thick face, and let bygones be bygones.

VK
(or should I call myself Cecilia for you?)

*RANT MODE OFF*

Last edited by vkykam; 09-08-2001 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-08-2001, 11:18 PM

Registered SVX
go or stay

Quote:
Originally posted by vkykam
Since I'm a bit masochistic, I figure I'll chime in here as well.

It will be a shame to lose Eddycat on this board, as his diagnostic skills without seeing the car has been invaluable for many of us on this board, and generally spot on. HOWEVER...

Eddy, by leaving this board you will in effect be throwing a temper tantrum like a 3 year old. This is no different than saying if we don't play by your rules you won't play at all.

So calling you a retard is OK, but pointing you out as a hypocrite, which is what Aredub has done, is off bounds? I don't quite follow the logic here...

I've pulled these 4 quotes from your messages in this thread. I don't believe I've quoted these out of context. If you can dish out the insults, you should surely be able to take them back. Furthermore, if you do indeed have that warped sense of humour, you would take the critisms made at you, some of which are tongue in cheek, in stride.

This may be YOUR forum, but this is not YOUR site either. If Chris had problems with Aredub as the moderator, let him decide. As a moderator, it's Aredub's job to intervene when he sees a problem or when things become out of control. Even though Chris "owns" this board, and has put an enormous amount of effort along with others to get this board going, I feel that Aredub has contributed just as much to this board, with his generally positive attitude, his "cheerleader"ing, his inputs, and his feedbacks. This is not to take anything away from you, as you too have been a huge asset, with the most qualified skills relating to the SVX of the 300 members here, and by offering diagnostics and advice for free. You too are in important part of this board.

This comment may be a little harsh from Aredub, but it is certainly NO harsher than the four comments I quoted from you, one directed at Nvrmore and three directed at Aredub. As I said, if you can dish it, you should expect to take it.

As for "stirring it up", in the most important respect, this is no different than the 14-year-old-brochure-toting-boy-spewing-BS fiasco. The end result in both cases is that people get offended, everyone gets upset, and a sour aftertaste is left for all to be had.

----------

Whether you come back or not is your own decision. Whether I'm a young fart or not is irrevalent. Whether you are an old fart or not is also irrevalent. I call is as I see it, just as you have done.

You are an asset, and you are valued by all of us as an asset. We'd just wish the a$$ wasn't in the asset.

Don a thick face, and let bygones be bygones.

VK
(or should I call myself Cecilia for you?)

*RANT MODE OFF*
VK, very very well spoken..
Old 09-09-2001, 07:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Aredub, Eddycat,

Please bury the hatchet ( preferably not into each other) for the overall good of this SVX site. We all have benefitted greatly from the both of you.
Just like the SVX, neither one of you is totally perfect.
(But I think that both of you are more perfect than I).
Each of you is a bit "right" and a bit "wrong" in your psitions.
So please reconsider your relative positions.

Larry III
Old 09-09-2001, 07:22 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
As one of the members who have been offended by remarks posted by Eddy, I should be one urging him to leave.

HOWEVER; I too, feel that his ability to quickly, and most often correctly diagnose and offer ideas for repair of problems with factory related problems is invaluable.
Old 09-10-2001, 07:11 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
I too have sat back and hoped that this would die out.....but it has not. Whether it is a clash of ego's, a bruising of feelings or just a butting of heads, the fact remains that there are very few of us in this club compared to not only the actual number of SVX's but consider also the locations.

I don't want to speak for anyone else outside the USA but until very recently, I felt pretty much isolated down this neck of the woods and only lately have we, through this club no less, managed to get a few SVX owners and fans in Sydney together.

Ireland, Japan, Australia....I for one rely very heavily on the invaluable and IRREPLACEABLE pool of knowledge that is on this board and having wandered around the Net in search of SVX items before even the Yahoo club, I for one have no intention of letting that lonely darkness descend once more.

I have seen this happen in two online clubs here on Oz....and they fell to bits...why? because small fires grew into firestorms and took EVERYONE with it...do we want that here?

I have to admit that at times, Eddycat can appear to be a bit em....abrupt.....but I can see it from his point of view: he is the ONLY SVX TECHNICIAN I have ever encountered online and one who can give an honest, informed, and qualified opinion. And no, I am not saying that such gives the right to cause offence to others but rather a bit of give and take by everyone is going to make things a whole lot easier.

True it is that there are many others on here who have a vast array of knowledge but that perhaps is the essence of the whole issue: collectively this club is worth more than the sum of its parts and considering the value of each part (or member), surely the need to maintain some sort of harmony becomes evident.

I would agree with the need for a thick skin on occassion......people have bad days, come home from work late...log in.....are tired...let fly and voila...flame wars!

This is too valuable a club to let it be torn apart by a clash of personalities so why not just everyone at the core of this perhaps have a think about the very real consequences.

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!