View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 06:45 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Engine Codes 29 and 33. Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svx95 View Post
I did what you said sensor is fine and unplugged battery for 10 min and still same signs. I did notice that my odometer is not working either. I read on another thread that it could mean that plastic gears inside the differential are broken?
If both aren't working and the vehicle (ECU/TCU) is behaving as though it has no speed input, then I'd continue to focus on the sensor. Maybe it's just a wiring issue and not the gear inside the diff? I haven't had any experience with the gear in the diff myself, so I'm not sure. I find it unlikely that two mechanical things would fail at the same exact time, however (unless one breaking caused the other to break, but that's usually kind of obvious). I think it's more likely that disturbing the aged wiring while replacing the sensor caused a break in one of the wires or something. How brittle did the wiring seem to you? (sure it's plugged in good?) Try looking down the hole that the speed sensor threads into?

Edit - another idea: Maybe the sensor didn't get threaded in far enough for the little spinny thing at the bottom to fit into its slot?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album