SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX
2000 740iL Individual Pearl Beige with Oyster/Blue - Immaculate - Many Upgrades

I am selling my 2000 740iL. This car is very special. It is Pearl Beige in color which is extremely rare on the E38. I was told by a member on the BMW forum that his research indicated that less than 5 were made in this color. It is sort of a cross between champagne and pearl white. The color is striking. It also has the very rare Oyster and Blue 2 tone interior which is in flawless condition. I have spent over $10,000 on the car in just upgrades, maintenance, and repairs in the last 5 months. The car has never ever ever been driven in the winter, and has never seen snow. I bought the car in Miami Florida and it lived in the south since new. I have never driven the car in the snow. I had intended on using this car as a daily driver for myself, but I just can't bring myself to drive it in the winter climate we have here. There is absolutely zero rust. Even the bolts on the exhaust come right apart and don't even have surface rust. The underside of the car is spotless. I will make some lists of things that I have done to the car. These are not complete lists as I have done way too much to list everything. Rest assured that this is quite possibly one of the most well sorted E38s anywhere. The car has about 119k miles on it, has a clean and clear title and a new PA state inspection. I have all of the service records and receipts for the car from myself and from the original owner. The car doesn't have any of the usual e38 quirks or issues. The cluster isn't missing a single pixel, and everything works as it should. This is truly a car that is ready to be driven wherever, whenever.

How the car is optioned:
*Heated active (massaging) comfort seats
*Rear shades. Quarter window shades work properly and are not broken. Rear power shade works great.

Maintenance:
*Replaced entire cooling system including all hoses, radiator, thermostat, water pump, and expansion tank.
*New Belts (Continental)
*Transmission oil cooler rebuilt with new o-rings and hoses.
*Timing chain, tensioner, and plastic guides replaced.
*OSV system replaced
*All filters replaced. Air filter, Cabin filters, fuel filter, etc etc
*Fresh oil change with mobil 1.
*Spark plugs replaced with OEM
*Valve cover gaskets and all timing cover gaskets replaced. (The car has no fluid leaks whatsoever.) Clean and dry.
*New brake pads and rotors on all 4 corners
*New BOSCH Battery
*Replaced both cigarette lighter elements with new.
*Added OEM Coin holder in place of Ash Tray
*All front and rear control arms replaced

Modifications:
*H&R Stage 1 Springs (Stock springs included)
*OEM Staggered M-Parallel wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.
*Painted lower trim body color
*2001 tail lights
*2001 front corners
*2001 side marker lights
*New Style Rubber floor mats
*DSP subwoofers removed and single Alpine subwoofer installed in the trunk. (Also replaced some blown stock speakers with new OEM)
*Europe style front license plate bracket with Euro plate and frame from a German BMW Dealership.
*//M-Sport 3 spoke steering wheel added.
*Daytime running lights activated
*Trunk chrome trim removed

Repairs:
*Transmission replaced with low mileage used unit. Changed fluid and filter (filtran) at this time. Shifts great.
*Engine replaced with used unit with impeccable service history from 1 owner 540i. At the time the engine was replaced, I did the full OSV service as well as replaced the timing chain, guides, and tensioner as well as resealed the timing covers and valve cover gaskets. The engine was replaced because Cylinder # 2 developed a low compression condition. I have the original engine and i'd be happy to include it with the car should the buyer have an interest in it.
*New headliner along with A, B, and C pillars.
*All interior redyed. Leather is all in like-new condition
*Replaced glove box handle and cable
*Replaced nav computer
*All power steering hoses replaced.
*ABS/DSC Module Rebuilt.
*Steering angle sensor replaced.
*ABS Module Rebuilt
*Steering Angle Sensor Replaced
*Replaced headlight washer nozzles and system hoses
*Replaced hazard light switch
*Replaced both sun visors because of damaged airbag warning decals

In conclusion, I cannot overstate how impeccable this car's condition is. I am a truly anal detail oriented person, and I have replaced so many things on this car that weren't just perfect, right down to very small interior trim pieces. I only have a couple of interior pics, and I'll be adding more as I take some. I'm asking $9900 for the car.

I also have all of the books and documentation for the car. This includes a file that's over an inch thick, as well as the complete owners manual set. It also comes with the original dealer brochure for the car. As mentioned, it comes with a set of front new style rubber floor mats from a new gen 5 Series that fit like a glove. It also comes with the original blue OEM carpet floor mats which are in better than average condition, as well as a set of brand new black OEM carpet mats which have never been used.

An E38 in a rare color combination has always been my dream car. I have ALWAYS wanted one, and finally found the right car. I spared absolutely no expense, and spent countless hours making this car what it is. Once winter came, I became aware that it's just not viable for me to own a car of this type to drive every day, and I already have too many summer-only toys. I know that I'll be taking a hit on the car financially, but that is fine with me as long as the car goes to somebody who is going to appreciate it for what it is.

Pics:

2001 Audi S8

Last edited by Green1995SVX; 01-24-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:22 PM

Re: 2000 740iL Individual Pearl Beige with Oyster/Blue - Immaculate - Many Upgrades

Some More Pics!

2001 Audi S8
Old 01-24-2013, 11:23 PM

Re: 2000 740iL Individual Pearl Beige with Oyster/Blue - Immaculate - Many Upgrades

And, the last of the pics.

Somebody come rescue it!

2001 Audi S8
Old 01-25-2013, 12:36 AM

Registered SVX

Wow, shes Gorgeous. Good Luck with the Sale, love the color.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Mike,
drop me an email - willecutlip at gmail dot com so I can send you my cell number and we can chat about this.
Thanks.
Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 01-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

IMO, this is the best 7 series ever made to date as well as with its other German competitors. GLWS!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:33 PM

I had wanted one of these things for as long as I can remember. In my opinion, they are one of the most timeless cars ever made. I feel that the design makes it the most beautiful large sedan on the road. It is amazing how it handles for being such a large car, but that is BMW's M.O.

I've bought and sold several of these at work. In fact I have two others right now, and I've always loved driving them short term, but owning one is just not for me.

I have already replaced it with a Volvo S80 and I have very few regrets about that. With the amount of mileage I put on my car for work, it makes more sense for me to have something newer, and with all wheel drive since we get so much snow here.
2001 Audi S8