Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2009, 10:59 PM

JDM Ebony '92 (to fix or parts)

Long story short: last week i was lane-changed into, tried braking... excessive gravel and ice ended up with me nose first in the concrete barricade.
Best of all, insurance is splitting fault! effectively screwing me from all possible angles. No matter how much ive hassled over this, talking and trying to reason with them, apparently there is not enough 'proof' that my story holds water vs this other driver

Now the events of the past week are killing me
i hate this whole thing happened, and i hate its come to this.
Even going downstairs to look at her makes my stomach churn.

Most of the damage is on the impact point on the front left of the car. That whole area has been pushed in. Fenders are toast, front bumper is toast, hood is toast, parts of the engine bay directly around the battery have been compacted. Where the other car made contact (rear right, right below the reflector) is far less serious in comparison, just a minor dent and broken plastic.

Other than that, the car is mint. The vitals are as follow:

Year: Sept 1991 (92 model year)

VIN: CXW-002063

Paint Color: Black

Interior Color: Dark Gray leather + suede inserts

Kilometers: 64 000 (thats KM)

Modifications: None

Engine Condition: Ran excellent. Smooth, quiet idle, couldnt ask for better.

Maintenance Records: Some in Japanese. Personally i spent over a thousand dollars in bringing the car up to par once it was in my posession. Most of these were just overcharges by the local shop, but hoops i had to jump through nevertheless

Transmission condition: Stock

Glass condition: Mint

Type of tire and remaining tread: set of JDM Yokohamas on 80% tread

Type of wheels: Stock

Interior condition: Immaculate aside from 2 spots of discoloration in obscure locations on the back seat. Has original Alcyone floormats

Body condition: Aside from the damaged areas, the paint is in excellent shape (esp for its age). 1 small panel (under the rear window) has paintfade, but thats it on the whole car. No rust to speak of, underbody is great. Only problem is trunk struts are weak.

Known defects or problems: Afforementioned damage

Comments about the car: I spent $6,000 (canadian) to bring it in, legalize it, and i got to drive it for just under a month. The biggest slap in the face is insurance not cooperating on this matter. I couldnt even sleep the night they told me that. I've spent the last week effectively moping, and trying to think of solutions.
Sadly, selling it off is the only one i can think of. I would love to fix it, but my income is measly and my savings were depleted in the purchase and import process. Hell i even went into a small debt to purchase it, even went so far as to pick it up in person and drive it home to save money.
But in the end, i couldnt figure any solution other than to amputate and cut my losses.

If i had someone with a shop (or even a garage), i would attempt to take this on myself. Sadly, those options are all out the window. And with the rarity of the car, no mechanic would likely want to help me, and sourcing parts would be an even bigger pain.

My hope is that someone here can see this as an opportunity for something.
90% of this car is fine. Anything ive not mentioned, is in excellent shape. Even the roadside flare is still sitting in its holster, untouched.
As a parts car, this is amazing.

As a repair project, perhaps a little more difficult. The car has a legal canadian title, still clear, but the damage would require some work. The engine ran even after the accident, until the FD boys came and cut the battery out, apparently standard procedure here.

Anyways, im not sure where to set my price, and i dont want to part out mainly because i dont have the means to. So im taking offers and advice at this point. Thanks for reading.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:04 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Re: JDM Ebony '92 (to fix or parts)

Sorry for your loss.

Photos of the damage will help interested parties such as us make our decisions. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
Long story short: last week i was lane-changed into, tried braking... excessive gravel and ice ended up with me nose first in the concrete barricade.
Best of all, insurance is splitting fault! effectively screwing me from all possible angles. No matter how much ive hassled over this, talking and trying to reason with them, apparently there is not enough 'proof' that my story holds water vs this other driver

Now the events of the past week are killing me
i hate this whole thing happened, and i hate its come to this.
Even going downstairs to look at her makes my stomach churn.

Most of the damage is on the impact point on the front left of the car. That whole area has been pushed in. Fenders are toast, front bumper is toast, hood is toast, parts of the engine bay directly around the battery have been compacted. Where the other car made contact (rear right, right below the reflector) is far less serious in comparison, just a minor dent and broken plastic.

Other than that, the car is mint. The vitals are as follow:

Year: Sept 1991 (92 model year)

VIN: CXW-002063

Paint Color: Black

Interior Color: Dark Gray leather + suede inserts

Kilometers: 64 000 (thats KM)

Modifications: None

Engine Condition: Ran excellent. Smooth, quiet idle, couldnt ask for better.

Maintenance Records: Some in Japanese. Personally i spent over a thousand dollars in bringing the car up to par once it was in my posession. Most of these were just overcharges by the local shop, but hoops i had to jump through nevertheless

Transmission condition: Stock

Glass condition: Mint

Type of tire and remaining tread: set of JDM Yokohamas on 80% tread

Type of wheels: Stock

Interior condition: Immaculate aside from 2 spots of discoloration in obscure locations on the back seat. Has original Alcyone floormats

Body condition: Aside from the damaged areas, the paint is in excellent shape (esp for its age). 1 small panel (under the rear window) has paintfade, but thats it on the whole car. No rust to speak of, underbody is great. Only problem is trunk struts are weak.

Known defects or problems: Afforementioned damage

Comments about the car: I spent $6,000 (canadian) to bring it in, legalize it, and i got to drive it for just under a month. The biggest slap in the face is insurance not cooperating on this matter. I couldnt even sleep the night they told me that. I've spent the last week effectively moping, and trying to think of solutions.
Sadly, selling it off is the only one i can think of. I would love to fix it, but my income is measly and my savings were depleted in the purchase and import process. Hell i even went into a small debt to purchase it, even went so far as to pick it up in person and drive it home to save money.
But in the end, i couldnt figure any solution other than to amputate and cut my losses.

If i had someone with a shop (or even a garage), i would attempt to take this on myself. Sadly, those options are all out the window. And with the rarity of the car, no mechanic would likely want to help me, and sourcing parts would be an even bigger pain.

My hope is that someone here can see this as an opportunity for something.
90% of this car is fine. Anything ive not mentioned, is in excellent shape. Even the roadside flare is still sitting in its holster, untouched.
As a parts car, this is amazing.

As a repair project, perhaps a little more difficult. The car has a legal canadian title, still clear, but the damage would require some work. The engine ran even after the accident, until the FD boys came and cut the battery out, apparently standard procedure here.

Anyways, im not sure where to set my price, and i dont want to part out mainly because i dont have the means to. So im taking offers and advice at this point. Thanks for reading.
sorry dude.

don't give up so easily with the insurance company. Talk to attorney if you can. Ideally, I wouldn't sign ANYTHING until I did.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:22 AM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

sorry to hear dude...that really does suck.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:17 PM

Registered SVX

So sorry to hear this news, an extremely sad story. I hope that insurance issues can be resolved in your favor.
http://www.ClassicSoftTrim.com http://ToyoTires.com/tire/pattern/versado-lx Gillman Subaru of Houston
"QuickChange" http://www.TransGo.com/ http://www.PlanetSVX.com Bontrager Works,

'92 Subaru SVX LS-L Claret ORIGINAL OWNER
'92 LS-L Pearl~ '92 LS Pearl~ '92 LS-L Teal~ '92 LS-L Silver~ '95 LSi Polo~
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Pearl~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54143
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Ebony~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54117
Old 04-15-2009, 02:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregondave View Post
sorry dude.

don't give up so easily with the insurance company. Talk to attorney if you can. Ideally, I wouldn't sign ANYTHING until I did.
I would love to scarf this car up. If you make this public auction, I know I'll be bidding. I would suggest putting it on eBay if I were you, as you probobly have a few interested buyers just in this site alone.

THAT SAID.... For your sake....oregondave is exactly correct. Keep in mind insurance companies (including yours) are not your friend. They are there to MAKE MONEY. Go get a lawyer for a consultation. if he thinks you have a case, go forward. talk to a FEW lawyers (to make sure you dont just get a shark).

James
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX

Maybe Earl could get this JDM to make him feel better about not getting the other one.
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 04-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightningsvx View Post
Maybe Earl could get this JDM to make him feel better about not getting the other one.
My thoughts too.. Sure once he sees this it will be all over...........

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 04-15-2009, 08:43 PM

I was concern as you disappeared from the board after you called to let me know what happened. Glad to here you are okay. Sorry to here about the damage. Give me a call.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
Sorry for your loss.
Photos of the damage will help interested parties such as us make our decisions. Thanks.
I know, im sorry i dont have any just yet.
Even the thought of going downstairs and taking the car cover off... puts a sinking feeling into the pit of my stomach.
Usually, I'm not one to be melodramatic about things. But somehow this is weighing heavily on me.
However, i will go down there and shoot some pictures soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmsvx View Post
I was concern as you disappeared from the board after you called to let me know what happened. Glad to here you are okay. Sorry to here about the damage. Give me a call.
Yeah, I was just busy running around trying to clean up the mess and get some results. Sadly looks like it was in vain, although im still trying my best.

I was actually on my way to pick up a USDM spec stock radio that Peter here offered me so graciously, when this incident happened. I didnt get a chance to thank him for his kind offer, but i did let him know that i wouldnt be making it that day. I called maybe a half hour after it happened. If i sounded a little weird or nasaly on the phone, it was only because the blood from the broken nose altered my voice. But i wanted to thank you for understand, i felt bad i had to break my word like that. I will give you a ring tomorrow though.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Damn it seems like you just got here. Very sorry to hear about this.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 04-21-2009, 02:59 AM

You and me both man... you and me both.