Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Resident Filmmaker

Feeler for my 1994 LSi AWD with 68k miles (current DD)

State SVX is in: California

Year:

Model:
SVX LSi

VIN:
I'm in class currently, but i'll edit this post with the VIN once i'm out.

Paint Color:
Laguna Blue

Interior Color:
Dark Grey (Leather)

Miles:
68,192 (current DD)

Options:
Power Equip, Sunroof, AWD, Speed Sensitive Steering (usual LSi pkg items)

AWD or FWD:
AWD

Modifications:
6000k HID headlights, K&N Filter, Removed the SVX badges from behind the rear-windows (they're still on there in the pictures) and tinted the windows all the way around to 50% except for the windshield, which has none, and the roll-down portion of the front windows, which are a lighter 70% to remain Cali-legal. (visible in photos)

Major service: had the 60k full-service done by my trusted mechanic before I drove it down to SoCal here. When I got that service done I also had to get the water pump replaced, which wasn't part of the planned service.

Engine Condition:
Runs smooth and strong, always using Premium Octane gas. Although upon startup, (after sitting overnight) I sometimes give the gas a tap because the Revs occasionally seem to dip too low initially. After running and shutting off, the startup is entirely normal though.

Maintenance Records
: I created a personal binder that I keep in the car with all the records: legal, mods, service, etc. stemming back to my original purchase of the car

Transmission condition:
Stock, Shifts smooth.

Glass condition: Clean, no chips or blemishes to report aside from usual road wear.

Type of tire and remaining tread: BRAND NEW Kumho Ecsta AST's all around (225/50-16's)

Type of wheels: the stocks that came with it out of the factory, clean with no real curb rash

Interior condition: Clean throughout, no stains in the suede. Only real gripe to note is a tear in the center console just ahead of the back seat ashtray (i'll get a pic of it soon) I attempted to glue it with an epoxy I had, but if those sorts of things both you, you'll still notice it. (nobody I know ever notices it)

Body condition: Great. The paint is all original with no oxidation, having been garage kept before I owned it, and currently garage kept with me in California. Just some chips and marks here and there from a lot of highway miles (I've covered most with facotry-correct touch-up paint)

Known defects or problems: The driver's-side headlight seems to be a little dimmer than the passenger-side one, I think adjusting the ballast of the HID would correct that, though. And I've recently noticed some power-steering issues, (at least I'm guessing that's the source) where the steering wheel vibrates when getting up to speed on certain road surfaces, and maintains the effect somewhat randomly as I'm traveling along the freeway. I'm sure it would be somewhat of an expensive fix, but I just don't have the money to fix this right now. Despite this, I've always kept up on maintenance and kept this beauty running her best.

Comments about the car: This car appeared in the most recent SVX Calendar! Money being the key reason I'm selling my beloved baby. The car has been solid and treated me reliably well since I bought it in the August of '07 with 52k miles on the odo. (the story can be found on this site) I seriously love this car, and see it as a true extension of myself, so it really saddens me to even consider selling her...but the life of a film student is definitely a trying one, and I need a car that costs me less to insure and maintain.

Asking price: $6000

Pictures: Next Post. (I'll get some interior and detail shots tomorrow)

"BMW is the pioneer of character lines?
Whatever. Take a look at my Subaru's windows
and tell me those lines don't have character.
Punk."

Last edited by Gr8Dane; 02-08-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Resident Filmmaker

Re: Feeler for my 1994 LSi AWD with 68k miles (current DD)

My Tribute Video (Has some interior shots, but I'll get some real photos soon since they fly by way too fast to gauge anything in the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrIzBGDRKA4

Punk."

Last edited by Gr8Dane; 01-28-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:28 PM

Too bad you had to go down to cali. If you where still here in Boise i'd be very interested. Any chance of any trips back to boise????

Last edited by csweston; 01-30-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Resident Filmmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by csweston View Post
Too bad you had to go down to cali. If you where still here in Boise i'd be very interested. Any chance of any trips back to boise????
You just might be in luck! Part of the reason I'm selling her (or at least figuring I'm going to sell her) is because I'm moving back sometime around March.

My dad lost his job and a lot of his money supports me in various ways so I've been trying to ease the burden, including stopping school and moving back so my folks don't have to pay rent and tuition for me.

If I find that this vibration issue, along with a rough idle i've now noticed are simple fixes, like alignment, I'll hold onto my baby at least til after I get back to Boise!

If I find that the benefits outweigh the costs, then I might just hold onto her indefinitely haha, but if I move back and still choose to sell, consider yourself the first in line

Punk."
Old 01-30-2009, 05:24 PM

Sweeeetttt. If you do end up selling it are you looking to just sell it, or are there any possible trades?
Old 01-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Unhappy Re: Feeler for my 1994 LSi AWD with 68k miles (current DD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Dane View Post
You just might be in luck! Part of the reason I'm selling her (or at least figuring I'm going to sell her) is because I'm moving back sometime around March.

My dad lost his job and a lot of his money supports me in various ways so I've been trying to ease the burden, including stopping school and moving back so my folks don't have to pay rent and tuition for me.

If I find that this vibration issue, along with a rough idle i've now noticed are simple fixes, like alignment, I'll hold onto my baby at least til after I get back to Boise!

If I find that the benefits outweigh the costs, then I might just hold onto her indefinitely haha, but if I move back and still choose to sell, consider yourself the first in line
Granted I know nothing of your situation, but I saw a lot of folks leave Brooks, never to be seen again. You made it to Cali, so you're over half way to being a filmmaker. All you learn in school is how to make student films. Point being, if you wanted to come down to LA and just get started with your carrier you could maybe skip a couple of years of very expensive school. Starting out can be tough, but I could look into getting you in as a PA at a post house down here and you could take it from there. The pay isn't much, but it helps to make money in film, rather than spend it. If you're interested shoot me a PM, and we can discuss. Again, I don't know you from Adam, but I'd love to help out a fellow alumn. If it weren't for former Brookies I never would have gotten started myself. Food for thought.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Resident Filmmaker

Well, I'm mainly selling it with the intent to get something that will cost me less to both maintain and insure, so if you have anything feel free to mention it and I could tell you how interested (or not) I am.

Ideally I want a hatch/wagon/coupe that gets good mileage OR something that has a reasonable amount of room (A Toyo 4Runner comes to mind) but whatever it is, it had better be reliable! (with cheap replacement parts, too!)

Punk."

Last edited by Gr8Dane; 01-30-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:07 PM

Ok, right now i have a 97 subaru outback. It only has 73xxx on it right now. I bought it when it had 69xxx from my Grandmother. She was the only owner of the car and has been maintained very well. It runs great and has no problems.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Resident Filmmaker

hmmm I could potentially be interested in it after all We'll just have to wait and see. Is it Auto or Manual?

Punk."
Old 01-31-2009, 12:33 PM

Its an Auto, also while my Grandmother owned the car (the first 69xxx) almost all of those are highway.

Last edited by csweston; 01-31-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Resident Filmmaker

hmmm I'm definitely gonna keep that in mind. Right now I got a guy asking about my car who's from WA, but I haven't gotten a response back from him yet. Obviously i'm only considering selling if I can get the amount I'm asking for, otherwise I'll just hold on to it til I move back.

Punk."
Old 02-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Resident Filmmaker

No longer a feeler, this is serious now, and I've reduced the price to $5800

I just figured everyone needed to know. Also, I just bought brand new tires for the front!

Kumho Ecsta AST's, they work awesome and come with a lifetime guarantee!

My car really is in fantastic shape and I'd much prefer it go to someone who likes them rather than someone who could care less!

Anyway, i'm a motivated seller but still need to have enough money to buy myself a good, reliable compact pickup.

so trades are a possibility, too. Just lemme know what you've got!

Sorry Cweston I wouldn't mind the Outback, but after looking at the amount things I have to take, even after selling a lot of my furniture, It's best if I sell the car at a slight discount so that I can get something with the space and utility I need BEFORE I haul it all on a road trip up north. (Uhaul and freight options have proved to be too expensive and I'd rather put the money I save by not doing that into getting a truck)

You can contact me at my email: thegr8dane@gmail.com
Or my cell: (208) 863-0977

Have a good one, guys and gals

Punk."
Old 02-08-2009, 12:45 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Please tell you me you did not just mix and match tires?

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 02-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Resident Filmmaker

I did...I know that doing so can occasionally affect the ride quality and handling characteristics, but from the feel of things, it would appear the new additions have only improved it. The dimensions are all Identical, the only difference between the new and the old is the tread pattern.

Punk."

Last edited by Gr8Dane; 02-08-2009 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

you might fancy yourself a read http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/wheels/316943_talk25.html

I only say something to help ya. Dont want to sound like an asshole here or anything

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles