Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 11:21 PM
Hater

John Kerry: Killing the Democrats chances....

WASHINGTON — The White House and Sen. John Kerry traded their harshest accusations since the 2004 presidential race on Tuesday, with President Bush accusing the Democrat of troop-bashing and Kerry calling the president's men hacks who are"willing to lie."

The war of words, tough even for this hard-fought campaign season, came after Kerry told a group of California students on Monday that those unable to navigate the country's education system"get stuck in Iraq."

The two parties are searching for any edge amid indications Democrats could take back the House and possibly win control of the Senate in next week's midterm elections. Though neither Bush nor Kerry is on any ballot, the bitterness with which they fought each other as 2004 rivals spilled over as both campaign hard for their parties in a race shaped in large measure by public doubts about the Iraq war.

Kerry said:"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

thanks, Johnny! keep on talkin'!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 11-01-2006, 05:41 AM
Network Design Administrator

Yeah, and this is NOT a botched joke... watch the video. He CLEARLY checks his notes on his speech as he delivers the line. You dont just leave the word "us" out 2 seconds after confirming what you were going to say.

So, you want us to vote for a person/affiliation that thinks our Military Service Men are f**king stupid? Being one of those that have proudly served our country...

HELL NO.

P.S. We need vB code that makes the text flash...
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.

Last edited by ensteele; 11-30-2006 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:54 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Kerry is an idiot. He meant exactly what he said, I have no doubt. It is not a botched joke, he meant it. He is exactly why Bush won a second term.

But... speaking as retired military. Having the right to say it as retired military. And....

Also speaking from 3 years as a Navy Recruiter, and 7 years as part of the Navy career recruiting force.... 10 years of continuous Military Recruiting experience....

Trust me..... what he said was absolutely, without a doubt... perfectly true. Our best recruiting areas are poor uneducated areas. That's a fact. Our least effective recruiting areas are affluent areas. That's a fact. Ten years of experience in recruiting isn't even necessary. It's common sense. But since I have first hand, extended experience in this area, I'll confirm the obvious.

The question isn't who goes in. The question is who comes out, and I would much rather have the military person, male or female, by my side in the civilian world than I would someone who never served.

What he said was insulting.

But it's true, and acting otherwise is another example of wearing blinders in the real world.

Both Bush and Kerry came from affluent families. Both were commissioned officers in the military, and they are both idiots. Is that striking any neurons anywhere? Anybody catching on to what's going on in the real world?

Sometimes the truth hurts, but the private schooled children of Corporate CEO's don't enlist in the Army. That guy who lives in that shotgun house does. I know. I'm the one that went over in a government vehicle and picked him up.

Republicans no longer represent you. They are only misleading you, while all the time, you know the truth.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 11-01-2006, 07:07 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

After reading what I typed:

The Navy Career Recruiting force is the management leg of Navy Recruiting. You go through a bunch of schools, switch your rating over to Navy Counselor, and run recruiting offices, and then recruiting zones. The Zones consist usually of 8 to 10 separate recruiting offices, and from there you go to district which covers 4 or 5 states. Offices and zones are both "on the pavement" type positions.

The point.... Those 7 years as Career Recruiting force was on the pavement, and face to face.

And as insulting as Kerry's remarks may have been. Are you actually saying it isn't true?? If you are, I'd like to personally introduce you to the real world. It appears that maybe some have been in Fox New's closet a little too long.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 11-01-2006, 07:37 AM

Just because your family cant afford to send you to college, does not make you stupid. I know the military has its "gems" (not a compliment) but the vast majority of the true idiots (in the USAF anyways) generally dont make it past their initial 4 years, if they are lucky enough to get pushed aside that long.

Affluence does not beget intelligence, as you stated yourself. But just the same, Military employment does not beget stupidity.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)

Old 11-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil

And as insulting as Kerry's remarks may have been. Are you actually saying it isn't true??

it isn't - the percentage of military people with high school diplomas is higher by far than the civilian population. its 98% vs. 75%, if i remember right.

i went into the Air Force with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering. count all the reservists who go in for the college assistance, ROTC, OTC, etc.

keep talkin', Kerry, and i'll keep smilin'!

Old 11-01-2006, 08:35 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Too bad he didn't use the wording on his speech - it would have been a much better joke and a much better slam against the President. I don't think this will affect the Dem's chances too much though - the Republicans have already screwed themselves for us.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 11-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Hater

i don't believe he meant what he actually said. anyone who can mock the heroes of Iwo Jima AND have an upside down American flag on the cover of their book is presidential material if you ask me.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
My Thoughts Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
Yeah, and this is NOT a botched joke... watch the video. He CLEARLY checks his notes on his speech as he delivers the line. You dont just leave the word "us" out 2 seconds after confirming what you were going to say.

So, you want us to vote for a person/affiliation that thinks our Military Service Men are fucking stupid? Being one of those that have proudly served our country...

HELL NO.

P.S. We need vB code that makes the text flash...
I feel he has not only insulted the U.S. Military in Iraq, but EVERY Military member who has ever served.

I agree that this was not an errant ranting, but a very calculated statement.
He may have felt that it was a personal attack on the sitting President, and whomever gets engineered into the office, but there is no excuse for stupidity.

Yes, there are people that I have met in the Navy who were questionable, but they either get up or get out.
Not like the general work force I have encountered at various places since then.

Common mentality among those of us who have served our country is to support whomever is in the office, and that is drummed into us the whole time we are serving. It's an agreement you make when you sign up, by the way.

I was worried sometimes about the decisions being made when I was on active duty, and even during my time in the reserves. But, there was a reason for those actions. Nothin like sitting in the middle of nowhere waiting for Khadafi to show his balls again.

I Proudly served my country, and would again, and again. But I don't need a slap in the face from a wannabee, because I did.
Apparently if your a John Kerry Administration Military person, than you would be College Edumacated, Married to a Governer's Daughter {or son}, and are willing to hide whatever you have done in any previous Military actions.

I thank the US Military for continuing to protect the lives of those who cannot protect themselves. I thank the U.S. Military for helping me to grow up, and giving me the ability to adapt to many different situations.
I appreciate the obligation that the U.S. Military carries, and support all legal orders that are given to them.

I will admit that there are times when I have thought "why did we get our noses into this one", but have always come to the realization that if we don't, then we will allow more than what becomes of our action.

You will not find me in this part of the Network often, but this one really got my attention. Thank You all for the ability and opportunity to voice MY opinion. Differing points of view are welcome as well, your also entitled to that because of our Military, and our Bill of Rights.

Last edited by ShiuludeSVX; 11-01-2006 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Keep Talking

I just hope Kerry keeps talking---the more he talks the worse it gets.

I think his press conference was actually worse that his very bad joke. He came off as an arrogant, rich azz---e further supporting the Republicans accusations of his contempt for the military--past and present.

The percentage of HS grads in the military is very high and like was pointed out-----the lack of higher education because of lack of college funds has no bearing on intelligence levels. Some of the most stupid people I have ever met were college grads---all you have to do is review some of the comments on here to support that statement.

Lee
Old 11-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Wow you guys are really quick to assume that he didn't mistakenly leave out a short word while delivering a speech. I mean, heaven knows that our current president NEVER gets tripped up on words, even right after he looks down at his notes.

Get the eff off your high horse. All of you.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 11-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivemusicnow

get off yours, chief. i make one Kerry-bash thread amid 100 Bush-bashing threads, and you get all butt-hurt.

maybe you just need a hug?

Old 11-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
maybe you just need a hug?
Only from you landshark

I just think it is ridiculous that everyone jumped on this like rabid dogs screaming that kerry hates the military and thinks they're all retarded when there is an obvious quite possible mistake that explains it. I think both sides of the little SVX extreme politics need to become a bit more rational.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 11-01-2006, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Wow you guys are really quick to assume that he didn't mistakenly leave out a short word while delivering a speech. I mean, heaven knows that our current president NEVER gets tripped up on words, even right after he looks down at his notes.

Go back, read my post, and watch the video again. You will clearly see him check his notes before he brandishes this "joke"... You dont make that mistake 2 seconds after verifying what you are supposed to say.

And those of us posting in this thread that have served in the Military, and come from Military Families (myself included) are taking this as a direct insult. There is no high horse, only the "shock and awe" at this supposed "botched joke".

Old 11-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Hater

Quote:
Only from you landshark

I just think it is ridiculous that everyone jumped on this like rabid dogs screaming that kerry hates the military and thinks they're all retarded when there is an obvious quite possible mistake that explains it. I think both sides of the little SVX extreme politics need to become a bit more rational.

i don't think Kerry meant to SAY that, but i think deep down inside what he actually said is how he feels. anyone else it would be an understandable mistake, but this guy, not so much.