SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles View Post
DUDE!

Let us know how you like it!
You know I have been waiting until I had a bit of drive time before responding, but I have to say that I am really happy with the new engine management software. I don't know what is different between the older ECUtune Stage 1v5 vs Stage1Av1 but it seems to be definitely making a difference. I guess my overall feeling is that the engine and the 4.44 transmission's shift points are better in tune with each other. The car is a real pleasure to drive.

On a another note, it also seems like people can't keep there eyes off the SVX lately. Lots of comments and admiring glances. It is amazing how the polished clear headlights transform it from something a little tired looking to something really special.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007

Last edited by Sean486; 10-06-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Wishy washy...wax on...wax off.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 10-06-2012, 02:31 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
On a another note, it also seems like people can't keep there eyes off the SVX lately. Lots of comments and admiring glances. It is amazing how the polished clear headlights transform it from something a little tired looking to something really special.
It really is amazing how big of a difference it makes. When I had my white one, after I polished them, it got lots of comments. That car got more comments/compliments in the one year that I had it than both of my other ones combined over a much longer time.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 10-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Removed the throttle body and replaced the IACV solenoid - no change to idle problem

Wiggled around the arm for the climate control hot/cold mix - I have heat again!

You win some, you lose some.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:31 AM

That is all.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Going to get another application of rustproofing from Krown today. NY now has three franchises.

Got the beca washed and waxed yesterday.

Got the radio harness for the new Pioneer radio for the SVX soldered up yesterday. Hope to install next weekend along with the pocket.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
Old 10-09-2012, 05:24 PM

Emptied out a 3 lb. can of Bondo into the RR quarter and dogleg of my '97 Legacy GT wagon. It was T-boned on the right side a few months ago. Insurance company totaled it but it still runs and drives fine. Best quote I got for repairing the damage properly was $2800 and since it's an older high- mileage car I pulled out the damage as best I could with a come- along, slapped some new-used doors on, and bondo-ed the rest.

davew833@yahoo.com

Former 6-time SVX owner
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX

Got to drive 16hrs in 2 days to Statan island,ny, paid close to $700 in gas bills====TOTALED OUTBACK
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 10-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Got my new Pioneer bluetooth stereo installed! Now I have handsfree calling and a decent receiver. It is amazing how many more stations I can pull in! And the new Pioneers are about 0.7dB less sensitive that the old ones. Man, that stock receiver sucked!

I put a pocket in the other DIN slot and I started work on a slide in cup holder I can use in the pocket.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:54 AM

Registered SVX

Timing belt, water pump, pulleys, radiator, cam seals. 5 hours of pain.

tomorrow is spark pulgs and valve cover gaskets DX
1992 SVX Pearlie: AmsOil signature synthetic 10w40 and Ea15k20 filter, Cobb crank pulley, Outlaw Engineering spacers and tb bypass, LGT 5spd, Slotted Crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads, 11:1 compression, EGR delete, Port & Polished heads, SaikoMichi catch can, A/c delete.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:41 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Kiss Me Deadly
Registered SVX

New ball joints

Replaced all blown bulbs - cruise (illumi/on), fog lights (illumi), rear defrost (illumi), mirrors heater (illumi), parking lights (illumi), mirrors adjuster (illumi)

Last edited by Kiss Me Deadly; 10-17-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:50 PM

Registered SVX

Found this on my car at the local Stop and Shop
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Conn SVX; 10-16-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Put in a new passenger side arm rest and fixed the sagging vinyl on my dash

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 10-22-2012, 09:56 PM

Registered SVX

At last, after 3 weeks of cold rainy weather on the Day off, the sun shone and drove the temps up to 65F.
Last Monday a working AC compressor arrived from Nate in Erie PA. Then, I drove the Outback XT over to Michigan to pick up some more SVX spare parts. An antenna and an extra front plastic under engine tray from Cory in Ypsilanti. Two O2 sensors and a pair of tan leather front seats from Scott in White Lake just west of Pontiac. Over the winter I'm going to build up a power passenger seat.
I coulda/shoulda snatched up a few more bits but the evening was coming on and I had a Ferry to catch before 10PM in Marine City. Something tells me those parts will still be there until the end of November, at least.
Great guys to meet with astounding projects on the go.
The 'new' antenna was broken at the base with a frozen motor but otherwise all 5 mast sections moved smoothly. Mine was pretty much mutilated and uselessly floppy (and the top final section rod is 'glued' in place) I drilled out the crimp divots on both mast brass base plugs, slid the nesting cylinders out, cleaned all the schmutz off soaking in degreaser, reassembled the new mast using my good bottom cylinder & contact slide, waxed the mast, re-dimpled the plug, popped the cable through its rubber motor grommet into the reel, reassembled the guide tubes and voila...a tall straight 5 section AM antenna that retracts reliably. (advice gleaned from the archives - remove antenna assembly from fender and lay on trunk floor. Fully extend antenna then unplug the power connector. The cable can now be popped out and the reel will stay in position for easy cable insertion - until power is restored. I found it easier to detach the curved guide tube from the reel casing in order to pop the cable ball through the rubber grommet at the bottom of the reel guide tunnel; when you push the cable in about 3 more inches it enters the drum and is captured by the inner reel when power is restored. Use the connector plug to stop the retraction halfway and reassemble the guide tube.

The retracting antenna is only for show looks and I don't really want to subject it to highway speed turbulence.
So, I modified the power plug with a black ground jumper switch to turn the motor power off. Ran the switch 8" over to behind the tailight access panel so it's easy to able/disable. No butchering of harness; I used the spade lugged wire from the dead motor as a bridge between the switch & connector so the modification is reversible.
The window grid antenna picks up all the available FM stations around here and the Kenwood 10 CD player takes over station 88.3 when activated.

I located these close-to-home parts by using the search function and drilling down into archives. The How-to's and archived discussions on this site are invaluable for answers to squiggly questions.

Thus, today I replaced the remaining switchgear illumination lamps I didn't even know the SVX had, with microbulbs from Radio Shack (now known in Canada as The Source). Half the price of OEM from my dealer. Discovered that there is a passenger footwell lamp that comes on when the door is opened and fades out along with the roof lamp.
Power mirror arrows and overhead courtesy lamp switches now glow a soothing green again.

Its started raining again and is forecast to remain wet the rest of the week...

Now I want the glass sunroof panel from a first generation Imprezza RS...apparently it is a direct drop-in replacement for our solid panel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SVX Imprezza glass sunroof 1.jpg (118.5 KB, 465 views)
File Type: jpg SVX Imprezza glass sunroof 2.jpg (204.6 KB, 470 views)
1994 Emerald Pearl LSi w 2006 WRX 5 spd manual.
1997 Laguna Blue LSi, 46k miles (73345 Kms). One owner 25 years, always garaged, pampered and 9/10 showroom condition. Possibly the last Canadian spec Laguna ordered #100134
Old 10-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Alleged User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Davy View Post
Now I want the glass sunroof panel from a first generation Imprezza RS...apparently it is a direct drop-in replacement for our solid panel.
I've heard this rumor before, but I have never seen it confirmed. This is the first time I've seen those diagrams though... nice find! I'd love to have a glass panel if it's true, however, I question whether that diagram is actually for a glass panel or a solid panel like the SVX.

1997 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl
1995 SVX L AWD Polo Green - 277k miles
1986 Pontiac Fiero 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6

Last edited by Coan; 10-22-2012 at 11:10 PM.