Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2009, 08:45 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
American Misery For Sale

Here is my ad, exactly as I posted it on Craigslist a few moments ago:

"

Ladies and Gents; Here is a great opportunity to own your very own example of one of the quintessential staples of white-trash America!

LET ME TAKE A MOMENT TO APOLOGIZE THAT THIS ADVERT WILL NOT BE IN THE TRUE AMERICAN E-TRADITION OF 48 POINT FONT COMIC SANS MS AND BRIGHT RED TEXT AND LOLZ

This charming green hulk of American misery is sure to squeak, shake, and rattle its way into your heart, wallet, and your tall grass on your front lawn. Yes, indeed this fine example of the work of under-privileged American artisans can be yours for the low price of only 600 American dollars (Cash Please. No foreign checks, western unions, or your mother-in law (I doubt she is very marketable these days!)<p>

Currently, this truck runs, drives, and (EVENTUALLY) stops. Before you ask, the brakes are allegedly new, but only to the sub-par, late-80s-i-don't-need-to-stop-and-this-will-just-run-over-your-shiny-Subaru-standard) The oil has just been changed by a reputable firm, and thanks to a healthy set of leaks, it is continually changing itself. (You may want to purchase some shares in oil companies when you acquire this gem. I can include )

The only two worry-free items on this car are, of course, imported. Only the finest Chinese windshield glass has been installed on this sloppy-utility-vehicle along with a set of Bosch Icon wiper blades which could possibly be worth more than this entire automobile.

<p>My (soon to be former) manager though it proper to bestow onto me such a vehicle as "temporary transportation" while my other car was in the paint shop, and shrugged at my protests that a rocker panel should exist beyond expanding foam and spray paint, that a radiator cannot survive on JB weld, and that this behemoth guzzles not only gasoline, but small mammals, hand-turkeys, Asian children, and of course shattered hopes and dreams .

Perhaps the only worthwhile bonus to this vehicle is the fact that the four wheel drive works, so once you don your trucker cap and pull back your late-80s greasebomb hair, you can pick up your cousin and take her to your favorite backwoods spot for some quality time.

I will include a medium size brown paper bag, which can be effectively utilized to mask the driver's identity in the rare event that the driver may have some sense of dignity and self-respect. This bag can also double as a mask for your aforementioned cousin to mask her identity so that you can concentrate on the physical aspect, and not the lack of morality or disembowelment of codes of ethics or local ordinances on cousin to cousin relations.

Condition:

There is only one condition; If you agree to purchase this vehicle, you will remove it from my property promptly and I will never see, or hear from either you or this car EVER again. I don't want nasty emails, claims of broken promises of the details of the vehicle. I also would appreciate if you could stop to pick up any parts that may fall off as your drive this vehicle away.<p>

This vehicle is sold as is. Please come and get it. Make me an offer."

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1390029770.html
Old 09-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: American Misery For Sale

Mike!!! Buwahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa that sh!t is so funny I nearly pissed in my pants! ahahhahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Man are you a writer or something?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:09 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Mike!!! Buwahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa that sh!t is so funny I nearly pissed in my pants! ahahhahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Man are you a writer or something?
Thanks Danny.

I figured that a few people here could appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I am but a mere paper-pusher/office manager. I do enjoy a creative impulse to write here and there though, and blog occasionally.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

ooooh an Eddie Baur edition. That makes it worth atleast $50 more.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

This has gratuitous win.

I'm curious how many unhappy e-mails your going to get from rednecks though.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 09-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

if you have one of those stickers on the back that you put on all your vehicles please take a pic of the redneck as they drive away with the sticker on the vehicle.

if you get nasty emails please post them up. I'd love to read them.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

what is a hand turkey?
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post
what is a hand turkey?
2001 Audi S8
Old 09-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX

I remember making those damn things back in elementary school.
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 09-25-2009, 02:38 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
Here is my ad, exactly as I posted it on Craigslist a few moments ago:

"

Ladies and Gents; Here is a great opportunity to own your very own example of one of the quintessential staples of white-trash America!

LET ME TAKE A MOMENT TO APOLOGIZE THAT THIS ADVERT WILL NOT BE IN THE TRUE AMERICAN E-TRADITION OF 48 POINT FONT COMIC SANS MS AND BRIGHT RED TEXT AND LOLZ

This charming green hulk of American misery is sure to squeak, shake, and rattle its way into your heart, wallet, and your tall grass on your front lawn. Yes, indeed this fine example of the work of under-privileged American artisans can be yours for the low price of only 600 American dollars (Cash Please. No foreign checks, western unions, or your mother-in law (I doubt she is very marketable these days!)<p>

Currently, this truck runs, drives, and (EVENTUALLY) stops. Before you ask, the brakes are allegedly new, but only to the sub-par, late-80s-i-don't-need-to-stop-and-this-will-just-run-over-your-shiny-Subaru-standard) The oil has just been changed by a reputable firm, and thanks to a healthy set of leaks, it is continually changing itself. (You may want to purchase some shares in oil companies when you acquire this gem. I can include )

The only two worry-free items on this car are, of course, imported. Only the finest Chinese windshield glass has been installed on this sloppy-utility-vehicle along with a set of Bosch Icon wiper blades which could possibly be worth more than this entire automobile.

<p>My (soon to be former) manager though it proper to bestow onto me such a vehicle as "temporary transportation" while my other car was in the paint shop, and shrugged at my protests that a rocker panel should exist beyond expanding foam and spray paint, that a radiator cannot survive on JB weld, and that this behemoth guzzles not only gasoline, but small mammals, hand-turkeys, Asian children, and of course shattered hopes and dreams .

Perhaps the only worthwhile bonus to this vehicle is the fact that the four wheel drive works, so once you don your trucker cap and pull back your late-80s greasebomb hair, you can pick up your cousin and take her to your favorite backwoods spot for some quality time.

I will include a medium size brown paper bag, which can be effectively utilized to mask the driver's identity in the rare event that the driver may have some sense of dignity and self-respect. This bag can also double as a mask for your aforementioned cousin to mask her identity so that you can concentrate on the physical aspect, and not the lack of morality or disembowelment of codes of ethics or local ordinances on cousin to cousin relations.

Condition:

There is only one condition; If you agree to purchase this vehicle, you will remove it from my property promptly and I will never see, or hear from either you or this car EVER again. I don't want nasty emails, claims of broken promises of the details of the vehicle. I also would appreciate if you could stop to pick up any parts that may fall off as your drive this vehicle away.<p>

This vehicle is sold as is. Please come and get it. Make me an offer."

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1390029770.html
Looks a nice truck Mike. They should be climbing all over you for that.

And, where exactly did you take your Sales Training course? I'd just be interested to know, for future reference.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 09-25-2009, 09:32 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX

oooooeeeee

Lots of offers coming from Virginia all the way to Georgia I think.

I can just see Lewis Black doing a commercial for this one.
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles
Old 09-26-2009, 02:09 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Responses:

"Your 91 Ford Explorer/ EXPLODER America's #1 Clunker! - $600 (West Creek NJ)
I came across in my hometown of southjersey
jumped out at me. My story is the same as others in this bad economic era, so you may be familiar.

I needed to sell my most beloved possessions to pay our house note earlier this year. But the worst was when I had to post for sale my kids' ipod.

I've never felt so horrible in my entire life...and like such a failure. It was distressing and made me feel ashamed. My kids were mature about it, but I had to do something. So I begged my best pal to show me what he was doing since he now makes as much in a few hours as most folks do all week right from his home office .

Here's his site : http://linkbee.com/DC7AJ Anyways, I'm so glad I'm sharing this with everyone who may need my help in these hard times. It'll be worth the few moments it takes to skim this information.

I hope it's useful to you.

Best Wishes. "

Response:

Dear "garrett Schwisow",

Firstly, I was not aware "southjersey" collaborated together to create a super-conglomerate municipality. I was told by my local public television programming that you learn something new everyday.
I would entertain the idea of hearing more about your friend's pyramid "get rich quick/stop being an embarrassment to my family" scheme. I will be sure to forward the balance of unused funds from your shipper once I receive your "trust fund of america" check from the foreign Prince Ashlamabahsamiridontgivearatsassandillscameverysin glecladeventhepersonalsandgags.

I look forward to your prompt reply.

Michael Esbafkloldontwastemytimeftmfw

PS: Dare I say, the sale of one of your kin would not only yield immediate financial benefit, but each week when it comes time to pick their world clean of their possessions, it will be much easier without them there.

Just saying.

EDIT: The email came back as undeliverable. Big shocker there.

Last edited by Mike621; 09-26-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:15 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

"justin otterholt
to sale-edjrn-139.

show details 5:48 PM (22 hours ago)

Dude, that **** was hilarious!

Funniest ad ive ever seen on CL. Good stuff.

this message was remailed to you via: sale-edjrn-1390029770@craigslist.org
Reply: Michael Milan to justin

show details 4:13 PM (0 minutes ago)

Thank you.

Seriously... want it? PLEASE?!

-Mike"
Old 09-26-2009, 02:20 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

"this message was remailed to you via: sale-edjrn-1390029770@craigslist.org

Good day,
I am interested in buying the item so please let me know the last price you want the item to go for,i look forward to read from you
soonest.
Regards..
Daniel "

Reply:

"The last price would naturally be my selling price. Ill tell you what, if you save the money you wasted on printing your fake checks, you could seriously think about saddling up in a classy automobile such as this one I'm offering.

Just saying."
Old 09-26-2009, 02:31 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Another spam email, with some slight changes.

"I located the 91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 159k 4x4 Works! - $600 (West Creek NJ) you had for sale in southjersey, and I, too had been doing the same thing exactly since our economy took a bad turn.. About 2 months ago, it's horrible, but I needed to sell my child's laptop to survive and it was absolutely the toughest time in my life. To say that it was painful could not even escribe it clearly. but I had no choice except to make the house payment or we would be living with my in laws (I was already 2 months behind).

Thank the Lord that will be the last time I'll have to hurt my family like that.

One of my good buddies showed me how he's able to earn great income on the computer. I couldn't believe he'd share this at all , but I am truly so glad that I am sharing this with everyone who needs financial help and who might be in the same situation

Thank heavens it's easy or I would not have been able to figure it out, not to mention this has been the most financially set I've ever felt before. I promise you will find this informationworth the 60 seconds it will take you to look it over.

Oh, and there's the link: http://www.yahoo11785matt.com

Take great care, and Bless You."

Reply:

(Unsuitable to post here)