SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2011, 07:52 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Went to have my rear brakes done but they said I need rotors. Feared the price but somehow I think I did good? $35 each rotor (rears) and they'll be in tomorrow. Will have all new rotors with the exception of the left front, which will be handled in another month or so when I get a new caliper for the front right side as well.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:56 PM

Registered SVX

Lots of welding today, plenty of new metal were there was only rust

Also ordered a set of 4 - Rockford Fosgate Punch speakers off E-Bay - hell of a deal

Hope I got it right, 6 x 9's for rear deck. 6 1/2" for the doors

Matched up the Clarion CX501 (I decided I didn't need a TV screen) they should sound sensational
92 SVX LS-L - Teal- 254,000 KLM
04 Outback - 330,000 KLM

Last edited by MarquisDePosa56; 04-22-2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: correction
Old 04-22-2011, 08:52 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisDePosa56 View Post
I did something very special for my SVX

Gentlemen and Ladies: Google "Importfest Toronto"

A little history first:
Toronto Subaru Club is putting together a team entry for the above mentioned car show. I thought it would be nice to have an SVX as part of their presentation of local STi's and 2.5GTs and they all agreed. It will add a little history to the package.

I started the registration process on Sunday night. This is a show that will be dominated by heavily modified trailer queens. Even club entries require some serious mods. I explained as part of my entry that my car will be a lightly modified, reasonably well restored representative of Subaru's iconic grand tourer and pushed the historical aspects as to why it should be included.

Quite frankly, I had my doubts, but as of tonight after basically agreeing to show it with custom rims instead of stock, the car was granted special exemptions and will be included in Canada's biggest high performance import car show.

My restoration team (my son-in-law and his brother) have assured me they will have it looking like it just rolled out of the showroom.

We won't let you guys down.

If any of you guys or gals have ever done anything like this before, I would appreciate any tips or info you can pass along.

I believe attendance at this thing is in the tens thousands and I am thinking of preparing an information pamphlet. Any thoughts on that would also be greatly appreciated
Wow, good luck and please take lots of pictures I know everyone will want to see.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:28 AM

Registered SVX

6x9 is rear. 6 3/4" for door.
Funny story. I changed out door speakers yesterday and they FELL out. The 6 1/2" that were there wernt attached at all.
You could use the 6 1/2" but you won't beable to secure them properly.
I installed jvc 6 1/2 that can mount in 6 3/4 too. Used self drilling screws. Worked wonderfully.
92 LSL Pearl 205k+ mi. 4.44 Trans (no 1st or reverse) | VR3 deck, Shark class-D amp, 6.5" bass tube, JVC front, Lanzar rear | SPD trunk struts. Gotta get ones for hood, the random auto store ones don't cut it. Vice grips work tho | DDM HID's 55W shining nice and white.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:48 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinz View Post
6x9 is rear. 6 3/4" for door.
Funny story. I changed out door speakers yesterday and they FELL out. The 6 1/2" that were there wernt attached at all.
You could use the 6 1/2" but you won't beable to secure them properly.
I installed jvc 6 1/2 that can mount in 6 3/4 too. Used self drilling screws. Worked wonderfully.
My Infinity Kappa 6 1/2" fit in the doors just fine, with use of self drilling screws.

MarquisDePosa56
What kind of Punch's you pick up? I'm running 2 of the old school 10" HX2 and love them.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Lookin4SVX, any more pics of that sub setup?
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 04-23-2011, 01:47 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin4SVX View Post
My Infinity Kappa 6 1/2" fit in the doors just fine, with use of self drilling screws.

MarquisDePosa56
What kind of Punch's you pick up? I'm running 2 of the old school 10" HX2 and love them.
Hey. I recognize that door, I have two just like it

Punchs? 6 x 9 two ways for the back, 6 1/2" 3 ways for the front. No sub woofers ..... yet. Maybe next years project. I've have already blown the budget for this year
92 SVX LS-L - Teal- 254,000 KLM
04 Outback - 330,000 KLM
Old 04-23-2011, 03:27 PM

Registered SVX

That adapter bracket must of been thrown away or not used for whatever reason when previous owner changed out the door speakers.
92 LSL Pearl 205k+ mi. 4.44 Trans (no 1st or reverse) | VR3 deck, Shark class-D amp, 6.5" bass tube, JVC front, Lanzar rear | SPD trunk struts. Gotta get ones for hood, the random auto store ones don't cut it. Vice grips work tho | DDM HID's 55W shining nice and white.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:14 AM

I want to put in some new 6X9 speakers in the rear shelf.

Can anyone enlighten me as to how to remove the speaker covers on the rear shelf ?
Old 04-24-2011, 08:30 AM

Registered SVX

You have to take the back shelf off. The covers are screwed in from the underside of the shelf. When I took it off I had to remove both side panels and fold the seat down to get the shelf off. I then reinstalled without the speaker covers off the shelf to make it easier for when I get around to replacing them.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:45 PM

Registered SVX

Bought a donut spare to replace the full size one in my claret. Now I will finally have a bit of room in the trunk .

On my way to buy it I ran into Obewon on Highway 99 driving his Black SVX he just put back on the road. Man that car looks good cruising down the highway.

Incidently, we are going on a drive up the Sea to Sky highway between Vancouver and Whistler in the next few weeks. It is a fantastic drive. I will post something when we determine a date and hopefully some other SVXs will join us. Perhaps some of you guys from Washington or Portland want to come up.

1997 Laguna Pearl LSi 39 000 mi 62 000 km

1992 Claret LS-L Sold 105 000 mi 169 000 km

1988 XT6 Written Off 111 000 mi 180 000 km
Old 04-27-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSVX View Post
Bought a donut spare to replace the full size one in my claret. Now I will finally have a bit of room in the trunk .

On my way to buy it I ran into Obewon on Highway 99 driving his Black SVX he just put back on the road. Man that car looks good cruising down the highway.

Incidently, we are going on a drive up the Sea to Sky highway between Vancouver and Whistler in the next few weeks. It is a fantastic drive. I will post something when we determine a date and hopefully some other SVXs will join us. Perhaps some of you guys from Washington or Portland want to come up.

It was fun driving side-by-side down that long straight on H'way 99 ... two shiny and almost-pristine SVX's sliding along in parallel for about 3 minutes.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:42 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Lookin4SVX, any more pics of that sub setup?
Here is my stereo thread freeman:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54516
Old 04-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Lol it figures I was the first to comment on that thread.
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 04-27-2011, 09:23 PM

Registered SVX

Drove it to the beach today, sadly it was too busy for real spirited driving.