Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Still a member

Send a message via ICQ to strange179 Send a message via AIM to strange179 Send a message via Yahoo to strange179
Lightbulb SVX Wiki

I have decided to create an SVX Wiki. This idea was brought up by my friend Dennis (user dnice) while we were trying to sort through the ECU Memory Dump thread in the Technical Q&A forum. http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38685 This is a great thread for any of us who have DIY performance dreams. The problem with the thread is that it's got a ton of good info spread out over 500+ posts. Even with the "search this thread" feature it can still be a real pain to find the bit of info you're looking for.

Dennis said that all the great development and information would be much better served (and developed) if it were easier to manage. Between Dennis and myself we've got plenty of technical knowledge and definitely the desire to mess with something geeky like a wiki server so we decided to give it a go. I installed MoinMoin on my Debian server and worked for a few hours getting it configured (pretty much) the way I wanted it.

We also had some input from nextse7en in the SVX chat room. He pushed us in the direction of making it a more all encompassing SVX wiki. The result is a very empty SVX wiki hosted from my server that's just begging for people to add content.

The wiki is still pretty rough with a lot of system defaults in place and we'll be editing things to make it a more SVXy place. Dennis has much more web content experience than I do but he doesn't have as much time to work on it as I do. If anyone has wiki management experience and would like to help me with it get in touch and I'll make you an admin and set you up with a shell account if needed.

Here's the link to the wiki as it exists now http://jdm.hopto.org/svxwiki
Remember, there's no useful content on it yet but please feel free to add it and/or register as a user. Wikis are as good as the amount and quality of the content added by it's users. I'll do my best not to delete anything, . Email, IM, or PM any problems or suggestions.

Jay

Black '92 LSl 270Kmi 5MT (W00t! for 1/4 million on 4/27/07)
Laguna Blue '94 L about 130Kmi (I think) for parts, in storage
previous: Green '92 LSl 253Kmi 5MT (sold to ron post moose adventure, sold to someone else)
previous: Maroon '92 LSl 130Kmi +- (sold to Ron, mashed by moose, crushed)
Black '89 XT6 5spd AWD (storage)