Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 12:28 AM

Re: CAI Feeler

I pulled out along time ago.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Hey guys, I realize I deserve the flack. Like letitsnow said I've been busy, and the project is still in the works and it is being made here are some pictures.
The problem:

The hacked together idea:

The result ver1:

The merge:

The test fit:

after fitting I saw where I wanted to add the small bend at the end like the stock intake, and that they had run the duel section shorter than I had wanted, so after talking with Jared these things will be fixed as well as he will add the ports for the vacuum lines.

When I got back from my honeymoon I was a very happy camper when I saw the box with my prototype in it. I have already submitted the small adjustments to it. And should have a perfect prototype soon.

Just to give you guys a heads up on the "excuses" I had submitted my intake a long time ago to Jar-Tec in wyoming and they promised to have a prototype done up and returned within a week. After multiple calls I finally got ahold of Jared and he had been gone at a few events out of state and had left the prototype boxed and ready to ship but it never got sent it out. On top of that their shop phone line got shut off and I wasn't able to get ahold of them for a good month. Once he returned he sent the intake to me but when it arrived I had been in Mexico for my honeymoon. When I returned I only had time to take the box upstairs along with other wedding gifts, and no time to open it. I left the next day for California for my cousin's wedding and upon returning I have been playing catch up with my workload for the business as well as with projects we have going. I am in the process of moving into a 4K foot shop and closing a deal on a business loan. I realize that you guys are probably checking this thread daily but I honestly haven't even had a chance to look at the forums.

That all being said. The intake project is nearing completion. I apologize again for all the delays. I realize this project has not been ideal for anyone. However my word is good and it is getting completed. Thanks again for your patience I will update with pictures of the complete intake prototype when it gets here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stock.jpg (353.1 KB, 693 views)
File Type: jpg idea.jpg (435.8 KB, 702 views)
File Type: jpg jar-tec_ver1.jpg (255.5 KB, 692 views)
File Type: jpg merge.jpg (224.5 KB, 692 views)
File Type: jpg testfit.jpg (255.3 KB, 717 views)
Old 08-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

P.S.: Lower section and maf adapter are already done, they are not pictured because they are pretty basic, I'll show it all together once the new part comes in. Also I have everyone's filters sitting here too.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

As a side note:

I have left other means of communication for a reason, my personal email is listed on my profile here as well as I have the link to the site for the shop which contains the shop number as well as my work email that I check a lot more than the forums. So if you are ever in need to get a hold of me please don't hesitate to get in contact with me via other means than this forum. As a performance shop owner I am on dozens of forums and am trying to respond to customers as quickly as possible. However, that being said I am not able to check every single one daily. The best way to get ahold of me is to shoot me an email on my work email **removed** or simply pick up the phone during business hours and call the number **removed**.

Last edited by 1986nate; 01-30-2014 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Removed email/ph#'s
Old 08-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Awesome. I was bluffing about pulling out anyway. No effing way dudes, I'm all in.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:18 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

any updates on this?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 08-24-2011, 10:19 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx

Looking good!
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 08-25-2011, 07:32 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx View Post
Looking good!
Whatever happened with your intake? You actually had some dyno results for that, no?

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 09-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
'Bout time for an update.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
'Bout time for an update.
You're older today than on August 3. That is all.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Yeah and so is my car. Might have to park it and get a new ride before I even get this thing.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Banned

Registered SVX

Hey guys,

Here is the latest. I finally heard back from them.

From: John Beasley <john.beasley@truspeed-performance.com>
To: headers@jar-tec.com
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 12:00 AM
Subject: TruSpeed Performance SVX Cold Air Intake project.

To whom it may concern,
I have been calling repeatedly and attempting to complete this project. My customers are getting quite impatient, I am also getting frustrated with the difficulty to get a hold of someone who knows about the project or knows the status of the project. I would very much like to get the needed changes completed and to have the intakes produced and get it over with. Please let me know how much we need for all the intakes and an estimated time of completion. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
--
John Beasley
TruSpeed Performance LLC
www.truspeed-performance.com
john.beasley@truspeed-performance.com
(801)243-7812

Subject Re: TruSpeed Performance SVX Cold Air Intake project.
Sender Jerod Jardine
Recipient john.beasley@truspeed-performance.com
Date Fri 10:31

I cannot build them from pictures. I jigged aluminum from 3" to make a 2.5" part. It didn't work quite right. The aluminum part is very hard to jig as well. To do this project correctly I would need a car to do the design work on.
As far as the material goes it would be in your best intrest for you to supply it. You are local to the suppliers. The tube has to annealed to dead soft condition. Some one needs to pick it up from EMJ or Marmon and take it to the heat treaters. When this is all done I can come pick it up and bend it.

I'm staying on this and being hard with them. They had previously said they could take care of the changes without me sending them anything else or without the car. Now they are saying something different. I once again apologize for the delays.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Banned

Registered SVX

Material is being quoted and ordered once it comes in it will be heat treated, bent welded and packaged and shipped
Old 10-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Designed the vacuum fittings for the intake in a cnc cad program, will be getting them ordered soon, got the aluminum quote in and the material will be ordered next week it will get treated and bent, custom couplers are being made. Pictures to come.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:14 AM

Registered SVX

What is the big benefit of the system HP gain etc. I know cool air is better for the motor. What is the $$$ for the complete unit ? I am getting on this horse late in the game sorry .
Closed Thread