How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2014, 05:08 PM

Registered SVX
Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Took it out for a long ride (120 miles. ) longest ride in 3 years. I forgot how nice it was to cruise at 70. Forgot how powerful it is with the 5 speed. New brakes worked flawless.( 122 miles 4.7 gal mixed driving ) 4 boys ( 17 year olds ) at the ice cream place were betting on what kind of car it was. One said the "one with no name on it ". Started putting up the portable garage. Need room for toys.

Last edited by Conn SVX; 10-11-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlcyoneSVX View Post
The Pearlie turned 200K today!
Armando, you just have to get out more.

Sapped this photo in our 2010 Outback last week. Sorry for the graininess, we were cruising through the mountains of western Maryland enjoying the colors and I could not let this milestone pass.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ODO.jpg (65.8 KB, 865 views)

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 10-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Thats a lot of miles! What are you doing in that Outback lol
Old 10-11-2014, 05:39 PM
What Potholes ???

Registered SVX

Installed a new front drivers side fender liner. Not as easy as I had hoped. Screw you rust!

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 10-12-2014, 12:21 PM
What Potholes ???

Registered SVX

New Rear Brake pads today. Sorry for the double post but I keep track of all my maintenance in this thread

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 10-12-2014, 03:56 PM

Registered SVX

That's how you get your money's worth!
Old 10-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Pew Pew!

Did a quick post-swap detail, and took the car to Houston's Big Event 6 (Subaru car show). I parked next to my other half's STi-swapped Dragonwagon (under-construction) race car.

My car still has several bugs to work out, from the swap, but so far it is a HOOT to drive! The torque from this motor is somethin' else.

I also discovered that my TPS is either out of whack, or going bad. I'll stab it with a multimeter this week, and diagnose. I'd rather not shell out $300+ for a new one.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10157124_742776799102948_4734573024264500196_n.jpg (145.2 KB, 795 views)
1995 LSi, EPM, #1152, 197k(ish) miles, 5-speed
Old 10-14-2014, 10:40 AM

Registered SVX

Bought new Hakkapeliitta 8 studded tires for the Forester.

The old ones (2007) had stopped wearing.... too old, half the tread still there, though .

Let it snow !

/T
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hakkapeliitta 8.jpg (271.5 KB, 424 views)
Old 10-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Took the SVX to NJ for business trip, a little over 400 miles roundtrip. 24.5 mpg avg. maybe a little lower than I have seen in the past but it drove very well overall.

I am thinking about making the SVX my work car for a while which will add a lot of highway miles.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 10-14-2014, 09:47 PM

A couple of weeks ago, I stopped by the Subaru Dealership, to make sure ther had rear bearings and seals in stock, as I was pretty sure that that was where the "new noise" was coming from. I asked if they were usually replaced as a pair, and was told it wasn't necessary, just put it up in the air and see if it was one side or both. I stop and grab 2 jugs of full synthetic, and head to my mechanic. As they were a bit slow, I asked if they could do an oil change while it was up in the air checking the bearings.

It was about ten seconds in the air to determine that new bearings were needed on both sides.. Oh well, order them in and do it when they get in. The head mechanic starts draining the oil, or so he thought... I look around a bit under the car, as I usually do when it's up in the air. Damn! Split front CV joint. Double damn.. The other side too. Well what can you do? I tell the owner to order them too and do it all at the same time, and hand him the "how to" bearing change instructions and remind him to order premium grease to re-pack the bearings with.

I go back into the shop area and the mechanic asks me how often I check the oil. I tell him the truth, never. He looks a bit concerned, and tell me that not that much came out of it, and that maybe I should keep an eye on the level. He then proceeds to dump in the first jug of oil, starts it up for a second, and then checks the level. It should be 2 quarts short, it's way over filled, and dirty. WTF?

Long story short? He drained the front diff by mistake. His new nick name is "the apprentice" I got a free engine flush, a free front diff flush, but the bearings and a set of CV boots cost me $820.00, all in, and two boxes of Krispy Kreme.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:40 AM

Registered SVX

A little disappointed today after removing the EDM glass lens from the body to see just how pitted the lenses were.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflystyle View Post
A little disappointed today after removing the EDM glass lens from the body to see just how pitted the lenses were.

That's one reason THESE were produced for the SVX German market.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 10-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

Started the SVX today for the first time in about a year, since I started rebuilding the back end. Have to nail down a fuel leak (just a loose connection) but once that's done she's all set to go back together!

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 10-26-2014, 05:17 PM

Registered SVX

Looks like I am going to be trying the cerium oxide to try and polish them up a little bit.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:06 PM

Registered SVX

Had my battery replaced and the car is as good as new. I haven't had many comments on my beautiful Laguna blue '97 however today 2 people flagged me down in their cars, one to give me a thumbs up and the other who rolled his window down to chat. Then when I got home one of the other residents in my building asked me about it and told me how he used to lust over them when they first came out.

It has been a good SVX day!

1997 Laguna Pearl LSi 39 000 mi 62 000 km

1992 Claret LS-L Sold 105 000 mi 169 000 km

1988 XT6 Written Off 111 000 mi 180 000 km