Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2011, 03:27 PM

Farewell

I joined this group a few years ago when I was given an SVX by an old friend. I had always appreciated his car, and he had recently gotten married and his wife despised the SVX (weird, but oh well).

I have enjoyed owning the SVX immensely. I live in an area close to twisty mountain roads where the SVX really shines. One of my favorite things to do was take a spirited drive from the desert up through the mountains and then sit by the waterside at a small lake and just enjoy the scenery.

A few weeks ago I took a drive over the mountains to Glendale. I saw a Legacy GT followed closely by two porsches take off down highway 2. I turned around and took off after them. It took me fifteen minutes of the most exhilarating driving in my life, but I caught them. I completed the drive over the mountains, hanging tight with these other amazing cars the whole way. It was the most fun I've ever had behind the wheel of a car.

I showed the car at Irvine's cars and coffee about two weeks ago, and although it didn't draw the crowds that cars like the Ferrari F40 did, it was not out of place amongst the exotics that were there.

A little while back I started to feel that God was telling me that I needed to give this car away to a friend of mine named Vince. That may sound weird to some of you, but it's the truth. And then about two weeks ago I got an email from my friend asking me if there was anyway we could work out a deal for my SVX (he had never mentioned this before). Since I already knew what I was supposed to do, the answer was easy.

So today I gave it away. It was very, very hard to do, but I know it was the right thing to do. I believe firmly that we need to put God first in our lives, and that means His will comes before ours.

So to all of you, thank you for allowing me to be part of this wonderful community. Thanks for your help in troubleshooting a few things over the years. Thanks for your enthusiasm for these wonderful automobiles. Thanks for everything.

Farewell, and God Bless,

Joel