Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Camshafts for the EG33.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
Some good theory there guys.

Out of interest Harvey, have you got a built EG33 sitting in your shed with this theory applied?
Yes I do Bazz, it is a stock 95, it has a wide, strong torque curve that Subaru has used, that is centered the torque on the usable speed range that the car is designed to do. It does this service very well, I have no need to change it.
My need to build engines for other uses, has diminished as my capacity to do it has, but I have leaned a lot over those 50 odd years in Auto Engineering and like to assist those that are doing it now. I leave the building to my son, who you may meet one day at Wakefield Pk. with a Peugeot 306, with a mid mounted turboed 4lt Toyota V8.

Quote:
I find a lot of people love to give advice based on sound theory but very few of those people have actually put their own hard earned money into what they theorise about and fewer have proven results. I imagine you will have and I'd be interested in what it's running etc.
I don't have to actually do the build on this engine to prove that the theory is sound, I have used it on many bike engines both two and four stroke and have found it to be well founded. As it is a lot cheaper to build a single cylinder engine to do the R and R. Now I only have to use a Lotus Engineering program to do all the engine cylinder work, I can try different timings, lifts, track lengths, to get the torque curve that the engine will need to do the work that it will have to do.
I will apply this theory to Tony's engine to get the best usably result.
Cheers and beers.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.