Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Gas Rant!!!

My car is running great, Fresh oil, good tires properly inflated, new 'big buck' plugs, fresh trans service, etc, etc, etc,

I did a road trip yesterday. When I ran the numbers, I came up with a (1) as the FIRST number!! LESS than 20 MPG on a car that ran FINE!! HIGHWAY!! On mid grade!! I was so depressed that I didn't even finish.
The last road trip, I got over 24 mpg on 87 octane. I did crawl under the car to look for a LEAK!!

The tank is full right now, but I have dumped $80. hard earned over the last 5 days, and traveled just over 200 MILES!!! That means that the 200 miles cost me $50. IN LOUSY gas!! The pitiful mileage came out of a Sunoco pump!
I went to Sunoco because I heard that they only use 'domestic' oil and add ethenol. WELL, If it knocks 5 mpg+ out of my car, I guess that I don't NEED to buy that crap any more!!
I USED to get 28 hiway on 87 octane BEFORE I started watching tire pressure, slowing down, putting slick stuff in the drivetrain, etc.
( and that was with a bad head gasket!!)
The car has recieved over $2,000 worth of repairs/maintenance over the last 5 months and is more dependable and runs better than EVER!!!

The ONLY factor is the quality of the gas!!
Wife and daughter are mad at me because I don't want to burn $100. worth of lousey gas to go to the granddaughter's 3rd birthday party. It will be a 400 mile DAY trip. I offered to send the 'gas' money with a card and wait till the 'boycot' makes those 'heartle$$ ba$tard$' LOWER the price so people will BUY gas again!

I really would like to go to the birthday party, but I really DON'T want to buy garbage at inflated prices to do it!!

GRRRR!!!!
Horror stories, anyone???

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 04-23-2008 at 08:48 PM.