Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 07:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jwd45535
Lightbulb Bring Back the Subaru SVX

I was having random thoughts as I do quite often. (lol) Anyhow why don't we get people together to sign and mail/e-mail a petition to Subaru for the return of the SVX. We can even suggest ideas. For example: They can rival Nissan and it's GT-R (skyline) with Subaru's standard all-wheel drive and take the sports market by storm, or possibly that the new Subaru SVX would be the car to take the urban jungle with slick, futuristic, and aerodynamic body with a great vast of technology for the luxury and/or gt models. Well tell me what y'all think and any great ideas as well!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
I have a feeling this subject has been pummelled ruthlessly over the years.

I'm all for it, as long as they keep the windows

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 02-22-2007, 08:10 PM

They would have too! That is what make the SVx unique, modern, and, well, cool.

Also thanks, Crazy_pilot, for reasponding!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
I'm... not so sure. I don't know about you guys, but I really don't feel the latest designs from Fuji Heavy. And the prototype shots of the next generations don't really give me much to look forward to either.

I'd be worried that they'd... ruin the SVX's looks if they brought it back. It just wouldn't be the same...
Old 02-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Mmm...no. Not happening. Never.Hell, the only other subaru COUPE that has been on the market since the fall of the svx is the imprezza rs (At least to my knowlege) and I'd harldy call that a luxury coupe.
Now on to the opinion part.....the last thing I want is to see a massive amount of svxi on the road. It would defeat the purpose of owning an svx if they were in the mainstream.I dont know about everyone else here, but I didnt want a "Me too" car when i bought mine. and lets face it..the disusting "Improved" svxi often found on ebay make you cringe...just imagine if there were altezza tail lights for theese things.And a prolithera of rubbermaid body kits?And idiots with more money than brains? Talk about styling clash...

If they do bring it back, it better be a supercar of some sort. Mid engine awd h12 naturally aspirated beast of a car with funny windows...Just so the rice crowd cant afford it
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 02-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Must keep the exclusivity, huh? lol.

Plus, no one would get the "What the hell is that?" comments anymore.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 02-22-2007, 10:55 PM

I think it might (possibly not) bring back parts for the SVXs currently out. The rice problem should be weeded out after it has been out a while in the next generation. It will need to become popular through a semi-luxury/sports coupe with the original h6 with an option of an h8 for the first years, with ,of course, an electronics upgrade and maybe even a good turbo upgrade. However I would like to see an all-wheel drive mr version of the SVX, but I would still like to see that Subaru gets a leg up on Nissan and their GT-R (skyline) coming out next year. I would like to see a new SVX to have GPS, automatic parallel parking, back-up camera, and a few other odds and ens.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:13 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot
I have a feeling this subject has been pummelled ruthlessly over the years.

I'm all for it, as long as they keep the windows
definitely agreed... and it needs to be designed in Italy again in order to maintain it's original uniqueness

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 02-23-2007, 01:24 AM
A mom with style ;-)

Send a message via Yahoo to momzsvx
Okay so we have the desired luxury items. Would you still maintain the colors of the pearlie and laguna blue? The uniqueness of the design was the winner for me. I would find it to be a quite a challenge for the designer to maintain the look. It would be interesting to see them try to bring it back. I would have to add another to my collection then.

92 LS-L parts
94-LSi My baby
95-(AWD) polo green T-Boned
Old 02-23-2007, 02:31 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
New cars suck.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
to author

I don't think the market is ready for a $50,000 Subaru.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Based on what the designers for the 2008+ WRX have done I would hate to see what they would do for a new SVX
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 02-24-2007, 04:55 PM

I know the market is not ready which is why the SVX should start a a cheap coupe. They currently don't have a coupe to market so this would be great. Hopefully they don't add that ugly trianglular nose and keep it looking like a sports car. Once the SVX starts to sell well, Subaru can up the anti by improving it and making it the cool car it deserves to be.

Well are there any ideas on what the new SVX should look like?
Old 02-25-2007, 02:10 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd45535
Well are there any ideas on what the new SVX should look like?
Exactly like the 92-97's, nobody's ever done that before.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
Exactly like the 92-97's, nobody's ever done that before.
That sounds good, and we could also upgrade the electronics and fetures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking64
I'd go RSX - subaru had the 'performance' liberty/legacy as RS in past.

To me, Subaru really does need to come out with a updated SVX - otherwise they will only become know as impressa (small) / legacy (medium) car makers and over time will loose customer base as people change brands due to lack of choice.

Is Subaru so small it can not come up with something equal/better than Mazda RX8, Nissan 350?

I remember the the XT was designred in US? - was the SVX was well or a whole Japan job? I personally like the B11s - just change the nose so people would want to look at it
I agree. The only problem is Acura already has the RSX model name. I still think the SVX should also rival Nissan's all-wheel drive Skyline.

Mike621, I agree with y'all. That nose is uglier than than an old rust bucket. I don't know the sales stats for the Impreza or B9 Tribeca, but it has got to be low.

However I would like to see the H6 engine stay. Maybe have the Impreza's H4 engine in a cheaper model. I would also like to see a future version that include an H8 engine and a 6 speed electronic tranny with a manual shift mode to catch the upper-class market. Maybe Porsche's Sportronic transmission.

An SVX that has GM's new coupe would be neat, but I imagined that the it would be bigger than that.

Any more ideas? The more we have, the more we could get an idea. If not to convince Subaru, then to just imagine a Subaru better than whats out.