Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Limecat is not amused.

Registered SVX
Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Finally got around to doing the front brakes, the passenger caliper seized and ground the pad down beyond the metal backing, the rotor had the surface of a vinyl record. Replaced the thermostat, started looking for an intake manifold gasket (anyone got a good price for one?) and dropped the motor out of 2 Karmann Ghia's. It's been a busy week to say the least.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX

Replaced exhaust gaskets and got my car back Only cost me dinner and a beer or two at Ruby Tuesday.

Sold my BMW 545i so I can start using my SVX as my "daily-except-on-sunny-days-when-I-ride-my-bike" driver. Have you any idea how tricky it is to sell a manual-transmission V8 mid size sedan when people are freaked out about the price of gas? NVM that I've gotten 23-24mpg consistently out of it! And no-one seems to want or know how to drive a stick. GRRRR... sorry... off-topic.

My Rides:
Red 1996 SVX LSi (Saffron)
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 (Kaitlin)

Previously owned; green '95 L AWD (sold), black/pearlie '94 LSi (too many problems), Polo Green '96 SVX LSi (apparently notThe end of an era)

Member #2 in the Yahoo! club, been here since the beta-testing days. In dire need of a cheaper hobby.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:00 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper_svx View Post
Replaced exhaust gaskets and got my car back Only cost me dinner and a beer or two at Ruby Tuesday.

Sold my BMW 545i so I can start using my SVX as my "daily-except-on-sunny-days-when-I-ride-my-bike" driver. Have you any idea how tricky it is to sell a manual-transmission V8 mid size sedan when people are freaked out about the price of gas? NVM that I've gotten 23-24mpg consistently out of it! And no-one seems to want or know how to drive a stick. GRRRR... sorry... off-topic.
Those people are idiots,
other then all 5 series are 4 door, which typically I dont care for bmw's are the exception, I that sounds like a car that I would love to drive.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Back to goldies with new shoes.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:01 PM

I have been thinking maybe gold on my claret or on my pearl white! My silver... nah, but to each his own! They are great looking wheels though... my favorite for non-oem wheels.

Keith
Old 05-30-2011, 10:23 PM

Registered SVX

installed new brakes on the impreza,NAPA premium rotors with ceramics, does it ever stop on a dime!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:41 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

This is the (?) third start since I swapped the blown motor in my blue car. (Blown headgasket which lead to water in the oil which lead to maybe a spun bearing? Bent rod? Will find out when I tear it down after I'm done making the car go again.) I swapped in the engine from my wrecked white car, which I decided to use over my other spare engine because it has only 73k miles while the other one has at least 150k. Plus I wanted to make sure everything was ok with it since it was in an accident after all. So before I swapped it in I got some cams from LAN and put them in there. It idles pretty rough and there was some smoke coming out of the exhaust, but after letting it idle for a little while the smoke seems to have gone down quite a bit. The rough idle I'm thinking is just how it is with the cams.

It seems to be running kind of rich though and it stalls if you rev it up and then let off the gas. I'm hoping it's just the IACV needing some time to loosen up or something after sitting for so long.

BUT IT RUNS AGAIN!
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 05-31-2011, 04:52 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Tried to get some of the slop out of my outback drivetrain. Installed a new pitchstop and rear swaybar endlinks. Still not gone Have done Group N trans and motor mounts, I also tried putting shims in the rear diff mounts to fill in the gaps. That helped a little but I need something a little more severe. Was thinking the $15 15 min mod then rear subframe lockdown bolts. Anybody have experience with these?

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 05-31-2011, 04:54 AM

Registered SVX

After smoking the AC compressor on the first Autoslalom run of the day on Saturday, today I ordered a replacement and a new drivers side headlight assembly

It goes on
92 SVX LS-L - Teal- 254,000 KLM
04 Outback - 330,000 KLM
Old 05-31-2011, 06:33 AM

Registered SVX

Nice icing, hope you get the rich fuel taken care of that video didnt seem to be too rough hopefully a bit of time will sort out.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Posting since Dec.'98

Registered SVX

Went in for the biennial motor vehicle inspection and failed because of an exhaust leak. The flange and part of the main cat have rusted out. Dragged my spare converter down from the shed rafters to get installed on Monday.
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Replaced a bad rear wheel bearing. Waxed it the other day and changed the foam on the radiator.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 06-02-2011, 09:42 PM

Registered SVX

Chopped one into pieces after stripping everything off of it.
Hit hard in the driver side door hinge/frame. Engine will be living on to "revive" a red 96 that I'm taking home with me as well.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Scottsubarus

I'm into elective things now. Car runs so good, I can start working on cosmetic items. Finally replaced the hood and emblem due to hidden damage and paint fade. Then painted and clear coated all the wheels myself. Being she's Black, she always has to be clean and nice.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:04 PM

Gave some meguiars nxt 2.0 a test drive on my hood and fender. Wow, so quick and easy. Looks awesome too. Not like thier older gold class that while it looked good was insanely painful to put on by hand. This is very quick, and doesn't take much of the wax. Looks very good after.

Might even be the cheap way to go since I tend to use a hell of alot more of the cheap waxes to get a complete coat. And they don't look as good either.