Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Competition Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-28-2006, 04:22 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
I should be able to make it. Maybe the dual adjustables will be ready for coilovers by then?? Either way I should be blowen by then, can I still be in SM??

Tom
scca.org for the rulebook!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Frequent User

It's going to be a "Ripa-at-Ripken" folks! A virtual no-holds barred, cage match of autoX'ing mayhem....Mr. Chike-Bob with his "Front Swaybar of Death" wreaking havoc in DS, Mr. TOMSSVX and his "Swirling Rotors of Confusion" kicking a** in STFU, the indominatable Dr.Hocrest and his sidekick HopBeneBob with their "HackUmUp" slashing and buring through FP, and Mr. SVXRide with his "MysteryMashUp" laying down heavy Hoosier heat in ESP. Who'll be next on this A-list card of SWN Heavyweights? Will the silent, yet deadly "Professor NEWSVX" come out of seclusion? Will the ever-wiley "Sgt. SVXFiles" emerge from his supercharged lair in the hills of WVa? Stay tuned, race fans....the smack talk is yet to come....
Old 06-28-2006, 07:51 PM

[QUOTE=SVXelerator]Dr.Hocrest and his sidekick HopBeneBob with their "HackUmUp" slashing and buring through FP, QUOTE]

I decided to go for ftd and fpd. I'll be driving in HS and have a funny suspicion that if I can come up with the rubber will give a certain graphite saab front ended DS Impreza some fits.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:00 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXelerator
It's going to be a "Ripa-at-Ripken" folks! A virtual no-holds barred, cage match of autoX'ing mayhem....Mr. Chike-Bob with his "Front Swaybar of Death" wreaking havoc in DS, Mr. TOMSSVX and his "Swirling Rotors of Confusion" kicking a** in STFU, the indominatable Dr.Hocrest and his sidekick HopBeneBob with their "HackUmUp" slashing and buring through FP, and Mr. SVXRide with his "MysteryMashUp" laying down heavy Hoosier heat in ESP. Who'll be next on this A-list card of SWN Heavyweights? Will the silent, yet deadly "Professor NEWSVX" come out of seclusion? Will the ever-wiley "Sgt. SVXFiles" emerge from his supercharged lair in the hills of WVa? Stay tuned, race fans....the smack talk is yet to come....
Well, I am happy to say I am blown, once again.
(That means the Super Charger is reinstalled you perverts! )
The Big Brake Kit is now on the SC Claret, along with the 17" Locos.
I do not yet have R-compounds but the BFGoodrich G-Force 225/45/17s that I got from Rufus should serve me well. Thanks Mike!
I had to sell my beautiful Pearlie yesterday.
But it went to a good home.
Stay tuned Race Fans!
More Later!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 06-29-2006, 08:18 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
[QUOTE=benebob]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXelerator
Dr.Hocrest and his sidekick HopBeneBob with their "HackUmUp" slashing and buring through FP, QUOTE]

I decided to go for ftd and fpd. I'll be driving in HS and have a funny suspicion that if I can come up with the rubber will give a certain graphite saab front ended DS Impreza some fits.

Ben,
So, it's a Saabaru? The graphite front end is "stock"??
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 06-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do in the XT Ben. Even though we might both be on street tires, I'm still in my novice autoX season and have no delusions of grandeur.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 06-29-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
I should be able to make it. Maybe the dual adjustables will be ready for coilovers by then?? Either way I should be blowen by then, can I still be in SM??

Tom
Tom,

I'd guess you'd still be in SM since that's where I see alot of aftermarket turbo'd or s/c cars being placed in my region. I'd take a look at the rule book and post back here. There is a Street Mod 2 class (SM2) that I need to read up about before giving you a definitive answer.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:34 AM

Here's a link to the 2006 SCCA Solo rule book:

http://www.scca.org/_FileLibrary/Fil...solo_rules.pdf

I don't see verbage specifically saying what's allowed and not allowed in street mod (SM) in terms of forced induction, but you definitely wouldn't be in Street Mod 2 (SM2) as that's for 2 seat sports cars (and a few exceptions e.g. Porsche 911).

I have seen Ford Focus's with aftermarket turbo and s/c kits running in Street Mod. I'll post a question on my SCCA forum and see what members there say.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:07 AM

Quote:

Tom
Tom,

This was the post I made on my SCCA forum:

Quote:
A friend of mine in NJ is looking to do a few autoXs in his modified Subaru in the coming months and I'm trying to help him out with determining the class his car would be legal for.

The major mods on his 1992 Subaru SVX are:

*6spd STI manual transmission swap (all SVXs came with a 4 spd auto from the factory)
*aftermarket supercharger (includes the necessary ECU and MAF changes)
*possibly a set of performance intake camshafts (not on his car yet)

The SVX is a 2 door 2+2 coupe, and based on my limited class knowledge I think he'd be legal in Street Modified???

Thanks!
And the response I got was a resounding YES for you still having a Street Mod legal car. The same class will also apply for svxfiles with his s/c and 4.44 gears. The fiberglass hood is also street mod legal btw...

Old 06-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Ok so IF I get my coilovers and dual adjustables by then I wills till be SM. Damn, I need some race tires

Tom
Old 06-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Here's a link to the 2006 SCCA Solo rule book:

http://www.scca.org/_FileLibrary/Fil...solo_rules.pdf

I don't see verbage specifically saying what's allowed and not allowed in street mod (SM) in terms of forced induction, but you definitely wouldn't be in Street Mod 2 (SM2) as that's for 2 seat sports cars (and a few exceptions e.g. Porsche 911).

I have seen Ford Focus's with aftermarket turbo and s/c kits running in Street Mod. I'll post a question on my SCCA forum and see what members there say.

Chike,
Check the rule book as far as swaping out motors...both Toms are going to be sitting in that class.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 06-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Ok so IF I get my coilovers and dual adjustables by then I wills till be SM. Damn, I need some race tires

Tom

Tom,
You sticking with 16" rims? I've got two brand new VictoRacers and two slightly worn VictoRacers all in 245/45-16 size that I'll give you a good price on...you could come down and pick them up and work on the "Parking" issue at the same time
-Bill

My Locker
Old 06-29-2006, 07:38 PM

Quote:

Tom
Yes. Suspension mods are free in Street Mod. The coilovers and dual adjustables will be legal.

Old 06-29-2006, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do in the XT Ben. Even though we might both be on street tires, I'm still in my novice autoX season and have no delusions of grandeur.
If Subaru cheats and makes a course that doesn't encompass both power and handling (which was quite lacking last year) then the XT doesn't stand a chance. I'd be suprised if they incorporated a decent amount of handling as it'll show how poorly their current line up is (hence the reason they have trouble on an autox course compared to Civics, Evos and Minis. Speaking of Subarus new line up did anybody else see the long term test of the GT by Car and Driver? 11 unscheduled services! That's Yugo territory!
Old 06-29-2006, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
If Subaru cheats and makes a course that doesn't encompass both power and handling (which was quite lacking last year) then the XT doesn't stand a chance.
Even if Subaru does put together a nice 'fair' course at Ripken, do you seriously feel you'll be faster on street tires in the XT than Dave will be on r-comps in the racer (since you're shooting for FTP & FTD)?