IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2008, 05:32 AM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysvxrocks View Post
But look at the hood scoop! There just HAS to be a turbo under there!!!
Turbo schmurbo....With a scoop that big you know it's got a 6/71 blower on it!
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:22 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Its more or less and inside joke to those who were at the AWD meet. Just before I wrecked the car Jaysvx was laughing like a 12yr old school girl in the back seat... so blaming him makes me feel better

Tom
I actually have an audio tape of Jay laughing.
I'll play it for you now.
"Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheherhehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe,gasp,he hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehe,snort,heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhe,giggl e,hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehe, this is the most fun EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!"
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 05-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles View Post
I actually have an audio tape of Jay laughing.
I'll play it for you now.
"Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheherhehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe,gasp,he hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehe,snort,heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhe,giggl e,hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehe, this is the most fun EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!"
You forgot the crash

Tom
Old 05-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysvxrocks View Post
But look at the hood scoop! There just HAS to be a turbo under there!!!
Or 3 turbos, for added super horsepower!!!
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:11 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
You forgot the crash

Tom
Thats because concussions are easy to get.

hehehehehehehehe!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 05-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX

05 WRX that came into work with a ticking noise in the tranny... Took it apart, found that one of the spider gear spacers in the center diff had grenaded, and that the tranny had been apart before.... Replaced the center diff, still made noise... Took it all the way apart, found this in the front pinion gear D'oh!
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta
Old 05-15-2008, 02:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX
That reminds me of a fail from my Claret...

...The dogs running around yesterday...
92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)

Old 05-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
Please view the flying in order... LOL sorry I cant figure out how to post images that I have on my drive to here...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg floppyfail.jpg (42.5 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg voyeur-fail.jpg (64.6 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg flying-sharks.jpg (97.4 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg flying-tanks.jpg (33.8 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg flying-cats.jpg (176.0 KB, 275 views)
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
and one more for the flying...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flying-dogs.jpg (103.1 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg missionfail.jpg (51.0 KB, 270 views)
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondasucks View Post
Phuckin rednecks....

poor subie Oh well, at least:
1) It's not an SVX
2) It's probably trashed on the other side
3) it's not a Turbo
how strange - that guy in the passenger seat looks just like me.

no turbo
It was my little brother's leggy. Over 250k of NY salt in that body. It was ready to die and would have folded in half in a collision (unsafe to continue to drive daily).
We took it to the redneck ball "Wallington fire department bi-annual bog-n-grog" after heavy use of a sawzall, chicken wire, a home ventilation duct, spray paint, padding, and alot of duct tape, and anything else we could tack on for visual stun. 99% of the people there are in pickups running the mud. We thought it would be a great funeral for this suby to run the same mud as these guys do in the little wagon. It was.
The fire department took it off our hands after the event and is using it as a training tool. Thanks for the fail pic, but that car ended it's life with much win. Much better than any junkyard.

92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Locker Link Solution

SUPERFAIL!!!1one

Whatever happened with this guy anyway???

In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 05-15-2008, 11:19 PM
I kill more trannies then god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix View Post
Whatever happened with this guy anyway???

+1
that has been hiding in the back of my mind as well wasn't he unbanned a while ago
Old 05-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post
how strange - that guy in the passenger seat looks just like me.

no turbo
It was my little brother's leggy. Over 250k of NY salt in that body. It was ready to die and would have folded in half in a collision (unsafe to continue to drive daily).
We took it to the redneck ball "Wallington fire department bi-annual bog-n-grog" after heavy use of a sawzall, chicken wire, a home ventilation duct, spray paint, padding, and alot of duct tape, and anything else we could tack on for visual stun. 99% of the people there are in pickups running the mud. We thought it would be a great funeral for this suby to run the same mud as these guys do in the little wagon. It was.
The fire department took it off our hands after the event and is using it as a training tool. Thanks for the fail pic, but that car ended it's life with much win. Much better than any junkyard.

lol okay I feel much better knowing that it was destined for the junkyard anyway, not just something some kids picked up for $300 and cut the roof off of I wanted to enter my 82 4x4 sedan in a Tuff Truck competition at the fairgrounds just for the hell of it, and the guy was like "No it has to have a full frame" and I pointed out that the Jeep Cherokee that ran was unibody and then he was like "well, it has to be a truck or an SUV" and I was like well, it's got four doors, four wheel drive, and a brushguard, and has seen more mud than a lot of "real" SUVs in this town" but he was still bein a jerk about it so I was like fuggit...
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta
Old 05-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffast View Post
+1
that has been hiding in the back of my mind as well wasn't he unbanned a while ago
Tell me who it is, and I can answer that for you.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX View Post
Tell me who it is, and I can answer that for you.
It was on the NASIOC not here :P it was an epic thread many times I almost pee'd myself laughing

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles