IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Smile Pictures from my annual birthday camping trip

Some of you may remember me posting some shots last year from a backpacking trip I'd taken. Well, this year I carried on the seven year old tradition with another trip to the high sierra. I shot hundreds of photos, but of course the first ones I edit and share are of the SVX.

This location is one of my favorites. Last year I took a great series with landscape in the background, but this year I was running a couple of hours late and the sun had already left the area.

Here I am leaving Yosemite on the east side of Tioga Pass.

Tuolumne Meadows where I parked for a hike up to Cathedral Peak.

I was having a lot of fun hanging my camera out the window at speed to get "action shots" without all the hassle of doing it right. Here I was approaching Glacier Point.

This was the tunnel that runs on the south wall of Yosemite Valley (I took a lot of these).

Lastly, a bit of luck. I was setting up this shot, tripod on the bumper, using my headlamp to frame the shot, setting up the long exposure, etc. I clicked it to basically test the setup, when I realized that I was blocking the moonlight that I'd planned to have illuminate the emblem. Flustered, I turned on my headlamp and "flashed" it by keeping it covered by my hand. It came out better than I'd expected, considering my mess-up, so I didn't bother with a second take. There's a popular saying that goes "there are no accidents in film, only Buddhist miracles."

'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.

Last edited by K_Dub; 06-23-2010 at 04:34 PM.