SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2006, 09:23 AM

Registered SVX
What are the odds?

So here is a wierd coincidence -- this happened to Tom and me yesterday evening:

Tom got a call from a girl who had bought an SVX from him that was being sold by a local owner. (The guy had asked Tom to put it on his lot and sell it for him since Tom knew all about and was a big fan of SVXi.) The girl had locked her only set of keys in the car accidentally and asked Tom if he could help her get into her car. So he called the local Subaru garage, but for some reason, they couldn't make the key from the code - their machine was broken or something. So Tom and I went over with all of our Subaru keys and the "master" key set (which opens about every make & model car EXCEPT Subarus!) to try to help her. When we got there, there was a red SVX parked in front of the bar/liquor store where the girl was, and the door was locked, but the window was down about 3/4 of an inch. So Tom went to the hardware store next door and borrowed a long rod, with which he was able to reach in through the open window and open the lock. When he came back into the bar, however, he told her he couldn't find her keys anywhere in the car. So she went out to look for them. When she came back in, she told us that Tom had OPENED THE WRONG CAR!!!! We went out and she showed us where she was parked (we hadn't seen it when we pulled in.)

What are the odds there would be ANOTHER red SVX parked in front of the bar/liquor store?!! There are only 5-7 Red SVXi in this entire area and we know who they belong to. (I realize how strange that sounds to most of you - 'only' 5-7 red SVXi in the area, but there were a BUNCH of them sold around here.)

As it turns out, I recognized the license plate and I have met the guy who owns the car - his name is Charles Norris.

Now Tom is walking around saying he broke into Chuck Norris' car and lived to tell!

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint

Last edited by green_eyed_lady; 09-20-2006 at 09:12 PM.