IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2011, 04:56 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
T-Belt Question

I wanted to know if there is a big difference between getting the T-belt kit ordered on Ebay or having the mechanic get a aftermarket one. Since I'm replacing it already. Unless someone knows a better link or spot. I'm just not in the position to wait long.

I hit a bump when the blizzard first started hitting the east coast, I was doing around 40-50 floor was lightly covered but u couldn't see the pavement. The Bump was covered in snow and the sign was blocked off by a tree and snowed on, had very low visibility in the dark with the snow coming down hard. The street was narrow, I flew up bout 5feet after hitting the bump, it was sudden, but I maintained control and landed fine (avoiding collision with all the parked cars on the sides of the street in the city). The car drove off perfectly, and maintained for the next hour. I turned it off, and came back after about an hour to re-park it, and it started stalling. When id slow down it began to shut off, and after a few minutes it completely gave no power when i pressed the gas, maybe 5-10mph tops pressing the peddle all the way down, and it stayed that way. I had it towed to my mechanic, The bottom was fine nothing was cracked, I had just changed the axles, the shocks were fine as well. He said that three of the cylinders weren't responding, that the right side was fine and the left has an issue, he hasn't took the front of yet but says its the T-Belt 90%, any other thoughts here?

And can a 3.2 inch single din dvd player go in without a prob( I have the harness), I mean as far as space, or do I need a modified bracket to hold it?
Or should I just search for a 4 inch?