Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2009, 01:47 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: Shaved door handles

any updates on this? would love to see pictures.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:50 PM

Not really anything important, I'm just getting the car ready for paint in between working on customer cars. I haven't been to the shop for the past few days, I got a concussion on Friday and am just now beginning to feel good again, Slip 'n Slides need a maximum age restriction.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:58 PM

Ouch.

Just ouch. Any video footage for SVXWN's Funniest Home Videos?

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:10 PM

I don't think there is. Just imagine a long haired idiot taking a running start, slipping (but not sliding) and head butting the ground. It didn't seem that bad when it happened, hurt my pride more than my head, but a little while after my last run down the slide, I passed out and woke up feeling fine and wondering why everyone was standing around me. Went out again later that night, it wasn't for any extended period, just enough to scare everyone. I've been taking it easy for the past couple days, I couldn't do too much without getting dizzy and I was easily confused.

I am pretty much back to normal and should be at the shop tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX

I hear concussions are easy to get
easy to get
easy to get....

Will someone answer the damn phone!!??
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 07-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

lol wtf?????????????????????????
Old 07-29-2009, 10:43 PM

Hope you fully recouperate, Elliott. Sounds like quite a trip you took.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:19 PM

Since this is my shaving thread, I'll post these here, this is an example of what NOT to do.

Got a 1995 Caprice in the shop now that was done by someone else a couple years ago.

At first, I kinda assumed they just glued a piece of metal in there and filled over it, stuff like this always happens when you don't weld.

I pulled the door panel because we are doing the jambs, I found something rather funny inside.

That is right, they didn't even remove the locks, they just filled over them. I know they had the door panels off too because they did the door jambs. Even worse, all of the locks on the car still work, I didn't even need a second guess to figure out why there is broken glass in the bottom of the driver's door.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
That is right, they didn't even remove the locks, they just filled over them. I know they had the door panels off too because they did the door jambs. Even worse, all of the locks on the car still work, I didn't even need a second guess to figure out why there is broken glass in the bottom of the driver's door.

The things shops will do... and everyone at work keeps wondering why I wont let a shop do my headgasket replacement

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally [Nori]

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
1992 LSL Dark Teal [Yori] (Rear Ended, Donor to Calista, and now gone)
1992 LSL Ebony Mica (Sold to svxcuseme)
Old 07-31-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsm484 View Post
The things shops will do... and everyone at work keeps wondering why I wont let a shop do my headgasket replacement
We end up redoing a lot of hacked up cars done by other shops, some of the stuff we have seen is just inexcusable.

We are redoing a black S10 pickup for this same customer soon, it wasn't even painted a year ago, it has no shine anymore and there is filler cracking on it, I've never seen a black paint job go dead that fast. We did a Suburban for him at the same time he had the other shop do the S10, the Suburban still looks new.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Yep, bringing it back from the dead.

Anyone know what happened? Final product/pics?
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 03-11-2010, 01:04 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

I hear concussions are easy to get
easy to get
easy to get....

Will someone answer the damn phone!!??
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 03-31-2010, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Yep, bringing it back from the dead.

Anyone know what happened? Final product/pics?
Lack of time has happened, other projects and lack of parts and money don't help either. I want it perfect before it gets painted.

I need to get back to work on it soon, but lately we have been working on a shop advertisement vehicle in our spare time between customer cars. We chopped the top on a 1986 Chevy Blazer 4 inches, made it a panel wagon by filling the rear side windows, put in 1954 Chevy car tail lights and a 1963 GMC truck grille, it is getting a crazy paint job and custom interior. So no one can ask "Can you do...", it is just a cheap fun project that will get tons of attention for the shop at cruises and shows.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:45 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

At least your having fun with it. That's more than I can say about my job, lol
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 04-01-2010, 02:04 AM

We need something to do as a stress reliever, the daily grind of boring collision and silly basic custom stuff will get to you eventually. We figure taking a $200 vehicle that we really don't care about and cutting and welding until it is unrecognizable is pretty cheap therapy. It is also great advertisement for the shop, since it won't matter if someone loves it or hates it, they will probably remember it because no one in their right mind chops a Blazer.

March 4th:

March 31st:

Also, it is shaved out too, door handles are for the weak.