Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > 25th Anniversary Meet (2017) > 15th Anniversary Meet
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2006, 08:03 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
I am seriously thinking about starting a poll to see when people want this meet to be held and for how long, and the odds that it will happen. It may look something like this:

What month would you like the meet to be held?
.......[COLOR]June
.......July
.......August
.......September

How many days would you like the meet to be?
.......1-2 days
.......3-4 days

What do you think the odds are that the meet will actually happen?
.......75%-100%
.......50%-75%
.......25%-50%
.......less than 25%
.......It ain't gonna happen!... just shoot for the 20th Anniversary instead.

Don't make me do this, fellas. September is almost upon us, so thats only 9 months until June starts.
John,

I have deliberately stayed out of this because I think the odds of Tom and me making it to the 15th Anniversary Meet are slim to none. However, my opinions are as follows:

I think early- to mid-June would be relatively cool (temperature-wise) if you are having it in Lafayette.

I think 4-5 days would be sufficient, say June 13th or 14th thru the 17th. All the kids will be out of school by then and there aren't any major events or holidays close to those dates. And that gives you a couple of choices for weekdays to take the tour of the plant.

As far as whether or not it will actually happen, judging from the level of participation so far, I would say somewhere between 25% and 0%.

Just my $.02, for what it's worth.

BTW, I did some research on hotels in the area of the Plant. There is a nice Best Western relatively close by with a dining room on the premises as well as Banquet/Meeting facilities. Group rates are available (to meeting planners) for as low as $79.00 per night, double occupancy.

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint

Last edited by green_eyed_lady; 08-22-2006 at 08:13 AM.