Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2010, 02:06 PM

Re: SVX poly suspension bushes

Nice, the red looks good. I posted some info on issues I am having removing the old front control arm bushings in the Q&A section. If you have ideas to help the info would be appreciated.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:13 PM

Cool Re: SVX poly suspension bushes

Can I buy the clamps alone - where from (who)
Old 05-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

My kit did not come with clamps for the front sway bar...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 05-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Yup, just received my STRONG kit in RED color

Now the SVX kit comes with ULTRA durable front clamps

Danny,
Nice clamps!
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 05-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Yup, just received my STRONG kit in RED color

Now the SVX kit comes with ULTRA durable front clamps

Those measurements I got you seemed to work just fine then?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to thickasxthieves
Registered SVX

So my set came on monday finally, and last night I got the front swaybar bushings on. Impressions? turn in is a little quicker, little smoother. I have less vibration in the steering wheel in straight line crusing and when turning, car feels more a little more planted/stable through turns. Results not typical, I had a torn swaybar bushing before I put these on, the torn bushing was the excuse to order up a full kit. Before i was rattling and clanking all over the place, and the steering wheel had a lot of vibration. Tomorrow night the rear sway bar bushings are going on, then from there I'll be puttin the others on as time allows. Looking at the control arm bushings, i feel like those are gonna make a big difference in handling. Also gonna be a royal ***** to get on based off Sowise's thread on getting em out.
Stage 2 ECUTune chip, 370cc injectors, ECUTune valve body and TCU, solid rubber motor mounts from a forester, outlaw phenolic spacers, COBBTuning lightweight blue crank pulley, Bontragerworks 22mm rear sway bar & endlinks, StrongFlex poly front sway bar bushings, Powergrid adjustable front sway bar endlinks, 17" MOMO CORSE RPM wheels w/ Toyo Proxes4 225/45, drilled/slotted rotors f/r, stainless lines, ceramic pads, Blue silicone radiator hoses, power mode switch, gold jdm hood badge, 20% tint all around, Hella optilux xtreme yellow fog bulbs

parts waiting to go on car: the rest of the strongflex polyurethane suspension bushing set
Old 05-26-2010, 04:00 PM

feel free to message me if you have questions when you do your control arm bushings. It is sad that even though I could slip them in and on the car I can't give a driving impression yet because car isn't ready.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:39 PM

Has anyone else began installation of these bushings? I have the bushings mounted in the front right control arm and the front left is ready to slide them in too. I have decided not to worry so much about painting everything and getting it all perfect and clean. Atleast not for now, so this will hopefully increase some of my pace.

Reason I asked if anyone else has done any of the bushing installs is the front sway bar bushing is about 1/4"-1/2" taller than the bushing that was installed. I don't think the bushing I removed was stock either, it was too wide. However with the new bushing I am having a hard time fitting it up on the driver's side. I may have to cut it down on the flat side to get a good fit.

(I know I know you all will want pictures but none for you this time but when I get back to them on Saturday hopefully I can get pics.)
Old 06-03-2010, 06:12 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowise View Post
Has anyone else began installation of these bushings? I have the bushings mounted in the front right control arm and the front left is ready to slide them in too. I have decided not to worry so much about painting everything and getting it all perfect and clean. Atleast not for now, so this will hopefully increase some of my pace.

Reason I asked if anyone else has done any of the bushing installs is the front sway bar bushing is about 1/4"-1/2" taller than the bushing that was installed. I don't think the bushing I removed was stock either, it was too wide. However with the new bushing I am having a hard time fitting it up on the driver's side. I may have to cut it down on the flat side to get a good fit.

(I know I know you all will want pictures but none for you this time but when I get back to them on Saturday hopefully I can get pics.)
Maybe that's the reason they started including the brackets for them. I'll make sure and do that one first and report back. However, it won't be for another couple weeks (waiting for the wife to go out of town so I can use her car while mine is down).
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 06-03-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Maybe that's the reason they started including the brackets for them. I'll make sure and do that one first and report back. However, it won't be for another couple weeks (waiting for the wife to go out of town so I can use her car while mine is down).
I was wondering that too about the brackets they started providing. I will try to do a fit up this weekend, I have a front end in the garage and one on the car. The one I tried to fit up was on the car so I will try on the one in the garage since I am fairly certain everything is orignal stock on it. That way any issues I have with fitment will be common issues for most other owners.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:12 PM

Sorry I have been away from the network for a while and went to type this up once already and deleted a large portion and had to walk away from the pc before I broke it in disgust lol.

I have installed the control arms with bushings on the car. I don't know that more pics for the process would be much benefit since after removal and installation of the bushings the rest is pretty straight forward. The front sway bar bushings I had to shave down the center of them to fit them without damaging the bracket. Didn't take much maybe 1/8" deep you can match the pattern to the bushings removed or set it against the base bracket it is bolted to. They were just too tall atleast for those who didn't get new brackets with bushings.

Other than that nothing new to report, can't say about driving conditions yet (still not on the road). Steering rack and poly rack bushings are in the bushings were a close fit but not perfect (whiteline for wrx I believe) Should still work better than the mush I removed.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:50 PM

Bought the C12 set - now I want some new clamps (as the front bushings are a little taller) - where can I get, like the ones shown with the red bushings earlier in post?.

thanks

Steve in NZ
Old 07-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Where did you buy them from Steven?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:37 PM

Have just had confirmation from Poland - since I bought full set (via TurnInConcepts) they are shipping clamps to me directly for US$15.00 including postage.

Very easy guys to work with....
Old 07-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURTEESS View Post
Have just had confirmation from Poland - since I bought full set (via TurnInConcepts) they are shipping clamps to me directly for US$15.00 including postage.

Very easy guys to work with....
Yeah Krzysztof is the man! Glad you had it all sorted out.

For those who want the clamps alone, they are $25 shipped anywhere in the world.

With a full kit, you get the clamps for FREE.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.