Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Re: SVX poly suspension bushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
I notice the packaging says '93-'96. I trust they will work for a '92 as well? Or does the seller on Ebay stock some for a '92 seperately?
They will work for a 1992...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 04-05-2010, 01:27 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

@sicksubie, what all do you already have done, suspension-wise?

I picked up two cans of pb blaster last night, so hopefully this coming weekend I can at least get started changing them all out.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 04-05-2010, 02:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

I only started on the front sway bar bushings as that is the end of the car that is already up in the air. I should get a lot more done this weekend (hopefully the control arms and front sway bar bushings)...

FYI you might want to try slightly longer bolts for the front swaybar bushings as they will give you some grief with trying to get the stock bolts to catch...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 04-06-2010, 03:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to thickasxthieves
Registered SVX

id like a whole set... funds available, pm sent.
Stage 2 ECUTune chip, 370cc injectors, ECUTune valve body and TCU, solid rubber motor mounts from a forester, outlaw phenolic spacers, COBBTuning lightweight blue crank pulley, Bontragerworks 22mm rear sway bar & endlinks, StrongFlex poly front sway bar bushings, Powergrid adjustable front sway bar endlinks, 17" MOMO CORSE RPM wheels w/ Toyo Proxes4 225/45, drilled/slotted rotors f/r, stainless lines, ceramic pads, Blue silicone radiator hoses, power mode switch, gold jdm hood badge, 20% tint all around, Hella optilux xtreme yellow fog bulbs

parts waiting to go on car: the rest of the strongflex polyurethane suspension bushing set
Old 04-06-2010, 07:36 PM

Registered SVX

Go to turn in concept's website and order them. Actually, they're here.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 04-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Ok guys, here is the thing:

Related to the second confidential thing I mentioned HERE, and after much debate on the pricing issue with Chris (the owner of Strong-Flex bushings in Europe), I was able to get lower prices from him without any quality sacrifice in the process. I am not stepping over Clint's feet here, since Chris will also be providing Clint with the same pricing scheme (as he mentioned).

I am not a dealer in this, this is just to let most of the SVX owners afford this kit and there is some extra options into it. Here is Chris's last email and I copy paste:

"OK Dan, here are the final prices for the forum:
300$ for SPORT (including shipping everywhere in the world with standard post package (8-10 working days), for EMS - 35$ extra (3-6 working days to US))
275$ for NORMAL
+15% when different color (BLACK/YELLOW/RED/BLUE/GREEN)
+25% when PINK "

So whoever wants this kit, you have the choice to contact STRONG FLEX directly and get the option you want as mentioned above.

P.S: The pink option... was just a joke...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.

Last edited by SilverSpear; 04-08-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:54 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ABSVX
Registered SVX

Can we hear from anyone who has used these poly bushings as to what effect it has on the ride, feel, etc of the car?

'94 Red LSi, 127,000Kms
Old 04-09-2010, 10:06 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABSVX View Post
Can we hear from anyone who has used these poly bushings as to what effect it has on the ride, feel, etc of the car?
Let you know as soon as they're on the car.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:13 AM

Cool Re: SVX poly suspension bushes

goods arrived today - thanks very much, now the only issue will be working out which one goes where & also what torque to apply to each.
Is there any chance that you could do a right-up as to where in the service manual the various pieces could be found - also the torques?.

regards

Stephen in NZ
Old 04-13-2010, 05:15 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Stephen, according to Chris, each bushing has its own number embossed in it. Check the diagram for the SVX on Strong-Flex.eu website, you will know where each bushing goes.

As for the torque, you will figure this out when you install them , no specific torque mentioned.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:01 PM

Cool Re: SVX poly suspension bushes

Hey you are right - there are numbers on each, it was getting to dark in the garage to see this till this morning.

Now all I need to do is work out the torques ....
Old 04-14-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Ok guys, here is the thing:

Related to the second confidential thing I mentioned HERE, and after much debate on the pricing issue with Chris (the owner of Strong-Flex bushings in Europe), I was able to get lower prices from him without any quality sacrifice in the process. I am not stepping over Clint's feet here, since Chris will also be providing Clint with the same pricing scheme (as he mentioned).

I am not a dealer in this, this is just to let most of the SVX owners afford this kit and there is some extra options into it. Here is Chris's last email and I copy paste:

"OK Dan, here are the final prices for the forum:
300$ for SPORT (including shipping everywhere in the world with standard post package (8-10 working days), for EMS - 35$ extra (3-6 working days to US))
275$ for NORMAL
+15% when different color (BLACK/YELLOW/RED/BLUE/GREEN)
+25% when PINK "

So whoever wants this kit, you have the choice to contact STRONG FLEX directly and get the option you want as mentioned above.

P.S: The pink option... was just a joke...
I do not believe I got the free shipping when I placed my order. It's a moot point for now as I don't plan on ordering more until these last sets are gone.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:43 AM

Just submitted my order, I have a different plan on my rear end but the front bushings will definitely be used. Look forward to seeing photos from others who have installed them.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:50 AM

I should be getting around to this on Sunday...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 04-15-2010, 07:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to thickasxthieves
Registered SVX

I ordered up a full set yesterday via chris, silverspear's man on the inside. easy to work with, straightforward, and fast. should be shipping out either tomorrow or monday
Stage 2 ECUTune chip, 370cc injectors, ECUTune valve body and TCU, solid rubber motor mounts from a forester, outlaw phenolic spacers, COBBTuning lightweight blue crank pulley, Bontragerworks 22mm rear sway bar & endlinks, StrongFlex poly front sway bar bushings, Powergrid adjustable front sway bar endlinks, 17" MOMO CORSE RPM wheels w/ Toyo Proxes4 225/45, drilled/slotted rotors f/r, stainless lines, ceramic pads, Blue silicone radiator hoses, power mode switch, gold jdm hood badge, 20% tint all around, Hella optilux xtreme yellow fog bulbs

parts waiting to go on car: the rest of the strongflex polyurethane suspension bushing set