SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2011, 02:13 PM

Registered SVX
Car hit 16,000 miles today...

Very fun to [occasionally] drive and incredibly easy to clean. The perfect car... uhhh, garage queen. And I know cars sitting under a cover aren't for everyone and I totally understand that.

Doesn't look too shabby either. Photos of the whole Subie family at the end! No time to line them all up this evening, but you can see that all four are there. The lack of time also helps explain my random and not very well composed photos.

The story summed up quick: My dad bought it when I was too young to appreciate anything. He fell in love with it when it was originally going to be a daily driver so it was put in the garage from then on. Growing up with a "garage queen" I started to get attached to it as well. I wouldn't consider it being saved for anything, but just something that my father and I admire. I started getting into detailing in my late teens and I've just tried to keep it flawless since. Whenever my dad doesn't want it at his house anymore, it won't be leaving the family any time soon.

Who knows if it will ever be 'collectible' or 'classic' status... I don't care. I just really enjoy the fact that it's a Subaru like no other, designed like no other. No exterior pillars and the windows all around are my favorite feature.

I wish all cars had these...

No paint fading on the lower plastic panels!