How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2006, 08:01 AM

The SVX is a blast!

New to SVX ownership and this forum. I have been lurking for about a month when I was deciding to purchase my new wheels. This forum actually helped me make the decision. Knowing the plethora of knowlege on this site and how much love people have for this car...I had to see what all the hype was about.

The car itself is a gem. The lady I bought it from detailed it once a month. She even cleaned the engine bay!!

So far...I love all the looks driving down the road as people are trying to figure out what the car is. I have every ricer I pull up next to reving their engines...it is kind of fun. I love my new car except for the coil hunt I am on
Old 11-18-2006, 08:09 AM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Welcome to the site, and the world of SVX ownership.

You'll need to get used to all the goosenecking from other motorists. I have inadvertently almost caused crashes several times now.

There are several other members in Michigan (one in Ypsilanti for sure), and I have seen some SVX in MI that none on this site have admitted owning, so there are more to be found as well. I think there might be one in the Vanderbilt area, if you're ever up that way.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*

Last edited by Nemesis Destiny; 11-18-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:34 AM

Ironically...the week I bought my svx, one popped up for sale here in jackson (I drove an hour and a half one way to get mine). If anyone is looking for another car they are asking 2200 for it. I haven't driven it yet but it looks a little beat up. The drivers side door has about 6 dings in the door. They are pretty bad because I can count them out of the corner of my eye driving 45 past the car.

I have seen the SVX map and noticed the other owners in michigan. The one in ypsi is a short 30 min drive away.

Currently I am trying to find someone who may have a used iginition coil to get the car running properly.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:48 PM

Checking in...

Hi, everyone! I've had this site bookmarked for a long time, occasionally checking in. However, this was after I had already sold my green '92 SVX LS-L in 1998. I am itching to get back into the SVX groove, though, and so there's a chance that I'll become active here. Until then, seasons greetings!

Jeff
Old 12-07-2006, 01:04 PM

Hi all!

New SVX owner here.

Picked up a 1995 Red LSI to use during the colder months (Calgary, Alberta, Canada) - my MR-2, works in the snow, but not very well!

I am just happy to have a 2-door sports car that makes a good snow car as well and have always liked the look of the SVX!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff08
Hi, everyone! I've had this site bookmarked for a long time, occasionally checking in. However, this was after I had already sold my green '92 SVX LS-L in 1998. I am itching to get back into the SVX groove, though, and so there's a chance that I'll become active here. Until then, seasons greetings!

Jeff
And the Best of the Holiday Season to you as well, Jeff!! Glad you joined us, and I hope you acquire another SVX SOON!!

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 12-08-2006, 11:35 AM

Member From Sweden

Hi,

Bought a 93 pearl white Svx to weeks ago. I am in love with the car. We had our first snow today! Super with 4wd. Nice forum!
Old 12-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw
Hi,

Bought a 93 pearl white Svx to weeks ago. I am in love with the car. We had our first snow today! Super with 4wd. Nice forum!
Welcome to the site. It would be nice to see a 93 Pearlie, but there were none imported to the US. All US 93s are 25th Anniversary editions (Subaru 25 years in USA) and come only in Red.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-08-2006, 11:03 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff08

Jeff
Kermit's still looking for a good home.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35819

Make an offer.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 12-09-2006, 05:41 PM

Registered SVX
Talking reply to new user

i am new here but reading all the information and being able to post questions is a great help. also reading some of the funny things that are put in the responses
helps me laugh at a challenging frustrating problem
Old 12-16-2006, 12:01 AM

Talking Heey Eerrrbody

It's been about two year for me. I post sometimes on here but I mostly read alot of information you guys provide us with on here. I truly love this sight and the people who help others out by letting us borrow your love and expertise on this beautiful car. I don't think another forum offers the love and knowledge for cars like yall/we do on svx network. I can't w8 to get to Indianapolis next year to meet yall and see some of the cars and performace upgrades yall added. Keep it up ppl I love it, I truly do. And by that I mean I truly love yall.

My other car: Their forum pales in comparison, foreal
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2166610

This is the day I got my svx, and took it for a test drive, while helicopters watched.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...6373e299d2.htm

Last edited by chitownsvx; 12-16-2006 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:08 AM

About the next meet

Anybody from Illinois hit me up when you get a chance.

This is the day I got my svx, and took it for a test drive, while helicopters watched.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...6373e299d2.htm
Old 12-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownsvx
...My other car: Their forum pales in comparison, foreal
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2166610
WOOT for the SHO! My folks used to have a 94 Sable wagon with the 3.8 in it. That thing was a brute. Till the trans ate itself...I currently have a 99 Taurus wagon with the 3.0L vulcan. Not so great, I know. I had dreams of putting on the front clip from an '04 and then dropping in the Gen 3's V8, probably would have been the only generation 3.5 SHO wagon on the planet. But then I found the SVX. mmmmmm..

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 12-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Locker Link Solution

The oval with the stars is bettar!!!

Good to see another on board for Indy!

If you go to dragon 07 too, I'll be showing up in at least one SVX this year. We may be bringing another one of my "toys" along and I was hoping to have my father tag along in an XT too... but I can't get anyone to sell me one
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:17 PM

Northern Ca., Only two in town.

It had been sitting on the lot since january '92. I bought it new in November 93. It had 93 test drive miles on it. 174K miles now. Trans rebuilt 10 months ago. Garaged, well kept Looks new. Silver, no wing, all stock except for a MovIt disc and caliper set up on order for the front. Red calipers, 4 piston design.