SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 01:02 PM

oooh me me me!!!
i'm here too!!
count me in !!

(92 with touring package black exterior 191,900 kms)

bought it with tranny disassembled(surprise surprise!) and havent driven 'er yet

hopefully this weekend though............

going together with 4.44 gears !!

hehehehe

rob

92 ebony 4.44's rock !!
Old 11-04-2006, 06:48 AM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Thanks for checking in!

Hope all goes well with your 4.44 install. Let us know how it goes, eh?
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 11-05-2006, 07:03 AM

well darn!!
lol

car isnt together yet
and "my guy" is on vacation for the next week
soooooooo

it'll be another 10 days or so before i'm on the road.......
(

oh well ..."stuff" happens eh?

rob

92 ebony 4.44's rock !!
Old 11-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Checking in!

Hey folks, I'm Chris. I was bitten by the SVX bug and am doing some research. Currently I'm driving a 99 Ford Taurus SE wagon. Ya, I know...But it's comfy!
Old 11-11-2006, 03:53 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Welcome to the site, Crazy Pilot

I see you're from Ottawa. That's where I found my SVX. I drove 13 hours to get it. One word of advice, if you're looking in the Ottawa area, DO NOT under any circumstances deal with Advanced Auto. They're deceptive crooks. I say this because I know they usually have a car up on autotrader, and chances are it's been rebuilt from one of the many wrecked SVXes they have sitting on the lot.

Having said that, ditch that Taurus, man! The SVX is easily as comfy, and way more stylish and fast (unless you have a SHO Taurus ). Of course parts are pricey, and they do have issues... better keep the Ford around just in case. :P
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.

1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!

1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 11-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Nemesis, how was the condition of your when you got it? rust etc.? I'm definitely looking at getting an SVX, but I'm not sure how much I trust a 10+ year old car that's been driven on salted roads.

As for the Ford, no, it's not an SHO. It's actually the base 3.0L V6, 145 hp. But it is a torque monster for that much hp, and the governer kicks in at 180 kph (110 mph) . It was actually a plan of mine to drop a V8 SHO powerplant into my wagon. Ultimate sleeper wagon.

And thanks for the warning, I'll keep an eye out. Most likely I'll find one in Toronto, if I decide not to go south to look for one that's lived in warmer climes.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 11-11-2006, 05:35 PM

My car came from New York state, imported to Canada at some point, and bought at auction by the fellows at Advanced Auto. The car was actually rust-free (though now it has a few small spots starting in the rear fenders).

What really annoyed me was that the car was perfect on the test drive, but acted up almost as soon as I got on the 417 to come home... tranny flares, wheel balance issues, etc.

Don't worry so much about the age of the car, as they're pretty resilient machines, but definitely have it thoroughly checked out by a third party before you buy it. Never trust a dealer. Oh, and if you're coming south to get one, steer clear of Stratford Subaru (aka S.A.S.S.) as well. Not that everything they sell is junk, but you just have to watch out.

I actually know a guy in London that has a SHO-powered Taurus wagon. It is a nifty sleeper, for sure.

And if you love torque, the SVX will not disappoint. You seldom need to downshift to maintain speed climbing even steep hills, and now that I've got my 6-speed installed, I'm even more impressed; pulls like a champ, even from 700rpm in 6th

Old 11-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Even from 700 RPM in 6th? Wow. The scariest torque beast I've ever driven was an SRT8 Dodge Magnum. No way I would expect an SVX to perform like a 425 hp V8 monster, but that's still impressive.

Looking around here has me itching to go car hunting right now, but alas I'm a little short on change.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 11-12-2006, 12:27 AM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
hey crazy..... a suggestion is to keep looking at the "cars for sale" threads in this site... chances are if the car is good or bad, it will be listed as such the ads ive seen have been pretty honest, ive gotten the 3 svx's ive had from this site... all positive experiences. the replies to those posts also are good, seeing questions others have asked and the answers they get, and the ability to ask questions yourself even.... and they are posted usually by a lover of the car (some jerk salemen have been seen making an account just to sell a car)...check the # of posts, always when buying here, also you can ask others about how their other sales have gone (also check the "buyer beware" thread here.... also you can always look up the member selling it and see their posts... thats an indication of things that may have gone wrong withthe car in the past, and how it was treated.

another valuble asset this site has to offer.
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)
Old 11-13-2006, 05:47 PM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
Welcome Chris, Youve gotten good tips about buying a car here! Cars for sale is the best place to start. I got mine about 200 miles away from me and havent been happier. The SVX wont disappoint you, (well at least not until it breaks the first time and your still short on change !) I wish I had saved up like a million $$$ before I bought mine cause theres SO much I want to do to it! GOOD LUCK!

Scott & Audrey's Subaru SVX's

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 11-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Some Toolbox rolled it!

Send a message via Yahoo to Imprezzed
Hey

Checking In....used to have a '92 Claret with 200,000 KM on it...had to sell it though.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:00 PM

Hi

I'm mike, i've been around for a lil shile, but haven't done too much. always looking to do more to the car.

'92 LS-L, exhaust, intake, audio, ecu 1V4?, hyper ground kit.
Next changes ... PAINT, fix engine problems, 4.44. (GONE)

'97 Impreza Outback Sport, magnaflow muffler, cold air intake, Alpine Type S, MP3/iPod deck, NGK wires, etc.(GONE)
Old 11-14-2006, 09:20 AM
<-- custom hood ornament

Send a message via AIM to AlcyoneDaze Send a message via Yahoo to AlcyoneDaze
Hi all, new to the forums - so I'll be the one asking all the dumb questions for the next month
JDM 'ALCYONE' Rear Panel
JDM 'BOXER' Eingngine Cover
JDM 'SVX' Hood Badge
L-Edition Suede Rear Seats
Old 11-14-2006, 12:07 PM

checking in

I am checking in again and still hoping that someone will take andfix my 92 pearl. The inside is in GREAT shape because we have loved this car from the beginning, but it had an accident with my youngest daughter and the hood is wrinkled. The car hasn't been driven ina while and I am sure the battery is dead, but until then was drivable. The tires are only a few hundred miles old and transmission was replaced at 125. PLEASE help me find someone to love this car. I found another 92 (black) that could be used as a parts car to save this one but I need someone to do it. I have all receipts and need to get this car out of our garage before long. PLEASE PLEASE help me.
Mileva Loo
devoted mom of our SVX
Old 11-16-2006, 12:10 AM

wow...well..im checking in...lol..first time too...i dont really have a svx...BUT...im putting an eg33 in my 95 red impreza...so..hopefully my mods for it is...if no one minds....

custom intake manifolds (so there will be two canisters)
lower CP forged pistons and rods
custom intercooler ( infront of the grill but slightly slanted..)
custom headers with uppipe, custom cat back, port heads
sti motor and tranny mount, still undecided about turbo...maybe a gt35r or just a t3t4 for now...but yes...thats about all my mods that i want...for now...o yea...with 480cc injectors...so hopefully i can get it done...

but yes..proud of the eg33...

dao