Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: CAI Feeler

Don't worry my dyno guy is already anxiously waiting for us to come test our product down on the dyno. I already have told him all the details of what has been going on. I still have another SVX that is completely stock that will be going with me.

I'm hoping that if this new shop goes through that I'll have it done and ready for the SVX for a car show we are attending, so there will be lots of pictures of the Stage III installed.

Stage one as has been stated earlier is just a short ram intake, so instead of going into the wheel well it will just sit in the engine bay. It will consist of the dual pipe set up from the throttle bodies and will go to a y and then to a maf adapter.

If anyone has anymore questions feel free to post them. I'll post pictures soon when the pipe gets here and gets done from the bender.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Ok so initial post updated because of cost of materials and manufacturing process, if I can get the costs down the price will come down. However those who already bought in to the product not only get free shipping, but their price will not go up.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
Don't worry my dyno guy is already anxiously waiting for us to come test our product down on the dyno. I already have told him all the details of what has been going on. I still have another SVX that is completely stock that will be going with me.

I'm hoping that if this new shop goes through that I'll have it done and ready for the SVX for a car show we are attending, so there will be lots of pictures of the Stage III installed.

Stage one as has been stated earlier is just a short ram intake, so instead of going into the wheel well it will just sit in the engine bay. It will consist of the dual pipe set up from the throttle bodies and will go to a y and then to a maf adapter.

If anyone has anymore questions feel free to post them. I'll post pictures soon when the pipe gets here and gets done from the bender.
is the stage one an easy bolt on? what are the reviews like? Any additional mods necessary? Cost?

Sorry i've looked through the thread and didn't see these details.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:19 PM

i see the updated costs thanks
Old 04-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

local benders were being a huge pain in the butt and weren't worth working with got referred to a bender in WY called them explained the situation and they were more than happy and even EXCITED to fix my predicament. prototype intake shipped today to them and he should jump right on it. He said they've been slow and he'd put me at the top priority. This company is very experienced and have done a lot of good work for cars and aren't whining about the fact that we are bending aluminum. YAY! We might actually have a product out this month... who knows right?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

also price will probably go right back down now that we're not dealing with those lazy asses anymore.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:44 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

What's a nice way to say "b*tchin'"?

Nevermind.

b*tchin'.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 05-23-2011, 02:14 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Sooooooooooo... I'm starting to want this thing now that my car runs so fantastic.

Who I gotta cut to get things moving, eh?

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:03 PM
SVX n00b

Registered SVX

+1. Hope to see something soon...
Old 06-05-2011, 01:17 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Any updates on this?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 06-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Banned

Registered SVX

called the bender on thursday he said the main part of the prototype for test fit is bent and done he just has to add the vacuum line connections. I'll call him again tomorrow to see if he has it done and ready to ship for me to test. Once it gets here I'll install and take pics of it and post them. Then after that he will crank them out and have them to me and then they will finally go out to my very patient guinea pigs.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Wheeeee wheeee wheeeeeeeeeeee whee whee whee wheeeeeeeee! /guinea pig noises

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Banned

Registered SVX

prototype will be in my hot little hands at the latest by Friday....
Old 06-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Prototype shiping to me today might not see it till Monday, but you will have pictures by Tuesday.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

To the dyno!