SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2012, 01:35 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
I see you changed the line going to the brake booster. You still have the check valve in it, right?

That intake manifold looks damn good. I might have a little competition for you there soon, with my polished one. :P
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 03-04-2012, 03:22 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightningsvx View Post
looks like you got a kinked intake hose. Looks really good, what did you use paint wise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
I see you changed the line going to the brake booster. You still have the check valve in it, right?

That intake manifold looks damn good. I might have a little competition for you there soon, with my polished one. :P
ya that line is shorter then it should have been, when I bought the line I should have bought another foot.

its not too badly kinked it seems to work.

the original did not have a check valve in it. unless someone changed it before.
It seems to work, I do notice (on my test drive) that there is an occasional hesitation at low rpms though.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:35 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
ya that line is shorter then it should have been, when I bought the line I should have bought another foot.

its not too badly kinked it seems to work.

the original did not have a check valve in it. unless someone changed it before.
It seems to work, I do notice (on my test drive) that there is an occasional hesitation at low rpms though.
I wouldn't worry too much about the kink, a little hinderance to airflow to that valve will only keep the idle from being quite so extremely high when it's very cold out. It can get as high as 2000 RPMs if it's really cold outside. That's really high. As long as the line isn't going to get too hurt from being angled like that, I'd leave it alone.

There is supposed to be a check valve in there. Brakes are kind of important, I'd add one. It might not affect it much when the vacuum is very high, but when the vacuum is low, at idle or WOT at low RPMs (although why/how you'd be at WOT and braking at the same time I have no idea) then you may have problems.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 03-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Just dip a toe!

Registered SVX

I cleaned my exhaust tips and installed my floormats.
91 XT6
93 D21 4wd
95 SVX LSi
02 Windstar Sport
03 CL500
03 Avalanche NF
07 RDX
08 Outback
10 Outback
10 Murano
12 Accent
15 STi
Old 03-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Very Terrific Driver

Registered SVX

I went to wash it but there was a line everywhere since the snow just went away and everyone wants to wash the salt off their cars.

Bought and installed three new wipers, the ones that I inherited had nearly no rubber left on them.

Checked my summer wheels which are not stock and they are made by Alustar.. whoever that is.
I'm ready to f...
Old 03-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
There is supposed to be a check valve in there. Brakes are kind of important, I'd add one. It might not affect it much when the vacuum is very high, but when the vacuum is low, at idle or WOT at low RPMs (although why/how you'd be at WOT and braking at the same time I have no idea) then you may have problems.
Like the engine cutting out, coming down the mountain pass.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:27 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Mine does the same thing, mostly when it's cold. It's especially noticeable when accelerating out of my driveway. Any ideas what's causing this?

SOLD - 1992 LSL 180K #8588 with svxfiles' all aluminum radiator; Wolf's head synthetic ATF in tranny and power steering; lighted power mode switch; Mobil 1 10W30 motor oil with Bosch 72158 filter; ACDelco A975C air filter; Valvoline synthetic 75W-90 gear oil, Optima BlueTop battery
2002 F550 74K
SOLD - 2000 F450 215K
1987 BMW 535i 209K
1999 Yamaha SRX 700
Old 03-04-2012, 08:06 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
Like the engine cutting out, coming down the mountain pass.

Harvey.
Yes that is the main reason to replace the check valve.
I decided to add one in I cut open an old line and pull out the valve and put it in the silicone one a bit of a pain and tight fit but worked well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX8588 View Post
Mine does the same thing, mostly when it's cold. It's especially noticeable when accelerating out of my driveway. Any ideas what's causing this?
Because I did several different things here trouble shooting is going to take a bit of time.

I eliminated, and removed my egr. If anyone needs one and most of the misc hardware price of shipping and its yours.

I ported out (slightly) the intake and the runners that hold the injectors, And I rerouted some vac lines.

Before all this I never had any problems with this. I suspect it could even be throttle position sensor. With slightly changed air flow could it be possible the tps is not the same?

Or it could have moved with all the moving around removing it.

It could also be a intermittent vac leak I checked (by spraying a combustible substance) idle leaks but not with any other throttle position.

I was thinking maybe even the iris valve any thoughts on these?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:59 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
I eliminated, and removed my egr.
How exactly did you do that? What all did you remove? I noticed you still have the two little lines on top of the throttle body.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:06 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
How exactly did you do that? What all did you remove? I noticed you still have the two little lines on top of the throttle body.
I decided to loop the lines at the other end of the metal lines to keep the original look.
I pulled the egr out, put in a block off plate for the intake and the exhaust pipe.
At some point I will remove the little pipe and plug it at the exhaust manifold but it was so stuck on I didnt feel like fighting it.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:28 PM

Registered SVX

So why no code? I would think the CEL would go on
Old 03-05-2012, 02:46 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
So why no code? I would think the CEL would go on
If the solenoid is still plugged in, then the ECU has no way of knowing the rest of the junk is gone. The 94+ would also have to leave the temp sensor plugged in; the '92s didn't have this sensor. So, no code.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

I attempted to fix the Shift-lock solenoid..attempted

I lost two shifter assembly screws, broke two tabs on the shifter woodgrain trim, one tab on the plastic side piece that holds the carpet to the center console.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:15 PM

Registered SVX

is it the solenoid, or the shift lock module that's bad? Mine had a bad module. Swapped it for the one in my parts car and it works great now. Then I took apart the bad one and it had some broken solder connections in it. Easy fix

SOLD - 1992 LSL 180K #8588 with svxfiles' all aluminum radiator; Wolf's head synthetic ATF in tranny and power steering; lighted power mode switch; Mobil 1 10W30 motor oil with Bosch 72158 filter; ACDelco A975C air filter; Valvoline synthetic 75W-90 gear oil, Optima BlueTop battery
2002 F550 74K
SOLD - 2000 F450 215K
1987 BMW 535i 209K
1999 Yamaha SRX 700
Old 03-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

I am assuming it's the thingie under the assembly.