Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
Re: CAI Feeler

Quote:
TruSpeed Performance. An honest, no hassle, low cost alternative for your performance needs.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
Honest.....that explain why he took the money and haven't produce the product under two years. No Hassle....19 months after payment and still no product. Cheap.....Yes, it's cheap when he take your money..and don't produce the product....actually that a steal of a deal if you ask me. Maybe he have been honest to you but to all the people that he promise and took money from to make this intake....he hasn't come thru yet. And avoiding private emails and messages is not what I would call Honest. And if he's really honest....then show me the money or the product! He can't because he already misuse and spent other people money for making this product on other things. It doesn't take two years to make a product. And if you are not at the production level, then don't take people money and hold on to it for 2 yrs. The bottom line, Truspeed really got in over his head on this one. Lack in priority and organization to make this project work.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:19 PM

Registered SVX

Ah, just quoting Truspeed's mission statement. I have no testimonial to offer.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Dear SVXers,

I have to say I'm quite disappointed at the way things have played out with this project and I understand everyone's frustrations. I am not going to respond to all the negative comments this time, I'm merely going to state that all money that was put into this project has been used for this project and this project alone. I'm saddened that no one has yet to make an attempt to contact any of the email addresses that I have provided nor have any of you called me on the phone. I have offered up many means to contact me.

I am posting my reply to Larry that I provided to the better business bureau, and I hope that when you all receive your products that retract your negative comments about me and my hard work. I am no longer checking this forum to listen to people banter. I come on here to post updates to the project and that is it. If you would like to reach me you can contact me via email at john.beasley@truspeed-performance.com or call me at 801-948-0877, I may not drop everything to get back to you within thirty seconds of your attempt to reach me but I will get back with you within 1-2 business days. I always have my phone with me but am not always able to answer it, but if you leave a detailed message I will get back with you as soon as I am able.

My Response to the BBB Claim:

"Back in 2010 we had as the customer stated started a project within the Subaru SVX enthusiast community in which we had asked for initial buy in participants who would be able to help fund the project's research and development, as well as receive the product at a discounted rate. These customers were told that their money was to be used to purchase initial materials for project, since then TruSpeed has funded the rest of the project, which has included multiple prototypes, many different materials, as well as labor.

The customers have been kept up to date on a regular basis with all the details of the hiccups and problems with the project, including but not limited to the change of service providers to not only bend the materials, but also to provide them. We have also dealt with back ordered materials, shipping times and holidays. TruSpeed is still investing money into this project and has sent materials to be bent and completed by Jar-Tec in Wyoming, the materials will then be returned to TruSpeed at which time they will be hardened and packaged for delivery. There have been many incidents that have played into the delays of the project, and while we are apologetic for the delays as they were not planned we are not responsible for them.

As a small business we are not able to completely fund every venture we wish to undertake, therefore, we looked to the community that supports these vehicles to help make this project possible. This being said revenue is in short supply and we have not passed this on to the customer. We have provided many means of communication for our customers to reach us with any questions and concerns, of which this customer has used none. We feel that we are in complete compliance with the original contract that we made with this customer and will produce a product before July 30th 2012. "
Old 06-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Only wait 2 more months for a copy of a product that was made years ago... I for one no longer feel as if you should be permitted to do any sort of business on this site any more.

Tom
Old 06-06-2012, 06:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX

Johny-

First let me say that I truly understand your situation. I really do. I've been in your shoes, and I have in the past pissed off a lot of people on this forum.

A word of advice: Give people their money back. People are extremely skeptical at this point, and after all this time, who wouldn't be? If you don't have the money to refund everyone, contact them privately, explain your situation, tell them when you intend to refund their money, and follow through with your promises. The people on this forum are extremely understanding people, and you'll find that this will help you regain peoples' respect, and really lift a weight off of your shoulders.

Once you've done that, continue with the development of your intake if you like. Since you won't have anybody's money, there wont be any pressure, and you will be free to work on it at your own glacial pace without upsetting anybody. Then, once it's done, you can put them up for sale and have some actual happy customers.

Ignoring this thread is the absolute worst thing you could possibly do. At the very least, people want updates very often, which is something you haven't been providing.

I really, truly hope that you take my advice seriously. You won't believe how good you'll feel if you do what I've outlined. Also, please don't take this post as sarcastic or confrontational in anyway. It's intended to be caring and completely serious.
2001 Audi S8
Old 06-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

I agree 100% with Mike here.

I have also been that guy whose stuff people were unhappily waiting for, and it is not a pleasant place to be. When I dug myself out and send that last refund, it was a very good day indeed.

I would follow his advice before this goes much farther. A timely resolution will do everyone well.

Also, a moderatorial note to everyone - keep this thread civil from here forward, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
Johny-

First let me say that I truly understand your situation. I really do. I've been in your shoes, and I have in the past pissed off a lot of people on this forum.

A word of advice: Give people their money back. People are extremely skeptical at this point, and after all this time, who wouldn't be? If you don't have the money to refund everyone, contact them privately, explain your situation, tell them when you intend to refund their money, and follow through with your promises. The people on this forum are extremely understanding people, and you'll find that this will help you regain peoples' respect, and really lift a weight off of your shoulders.

Once you've done that, continue with the development of your intake if you like. Since you won't have anybody's money, there wont be any pressure, and you will be free to work on it at your own glacial pace without upsetting anybody. Then, once it's done, you can put them up for sale and have some actual happy customers.

Ignoring this thread is the absolute worst thing you could possibly do. At the very least, people want updates very often, which is something you haven't been providing.

I really, truly hope that you take my advice seriously. You won't believe how good you'll feel if you do what I've outlined. Also, please don't take this post as sarcastic or confrontational in anyway. It's intended to be caring and completely serious.

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com
Old 06-07-2012, 10:00 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
We feel that we are in complete compliance with the original contract that we made with this customer and will produce a product before July 30th 2012. "
July 30th? You said it. I will hold you to it.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 06-10-2012, 02:15 PM

Annnnnd... No response.
2001 Audi S8
Old 06-12-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
Annnnnd... No response.
I agree with advice you gave Johnybeas. And you do have support from other members like Stevebsy, TomSVX, and icingdeath88. All I can tell you guys is I did try to make contact with Johnybeas....by private email and inbox on this site without a response. Which lead me to file a complaint with the BBB in UTAH. The good news out of this is, we got an ETD of the product. Now let see if he will follow thru with his promise. Waiting 21 months is far too long and it I knew this from the beginning, I would have never put money into this project.

Filing complaint with BBB is not easy for me because that mess with a person lifely hood. But at the same time, he (Johnybeas) took people money and drag this project out for almost 2 years, which is ridiculous. Small business or not, this is a supply and demand economy. He claim that he can make the product and I wanted for my SVX and paid for it. Lesson learn for me, I will never send anyone via paypal for anything unless they have the product ready to be shipped. Like Mike say, Paypal has only a 45 days policy to file a claim.

In closing, I don't have a problem paying anyone for a product. But there is a statue of limitation of time. Now, is that part of the contract or agreement? I don't recall anywhere in the CAI sign up list that it will be done in 21 months. Just understand, this is a business decision and not personal. I just want a product that I paid for or give me the money back. I would be happy either way.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to thickasxthieves
Registered SVX

So whens the dyno time scheduled for?
Stage 2 ECUTune chip, 370cc injectors, ECUTune valve body and TCU, solid rubber motor mounts from a forester, outlaw phenolic spacers, COBBTuning lightweight blue crank pulley, Bontragerworks 22mm rear sway bar & endlinks, StrongFlex poly front sway bar bushings, Powergrid adjustable front sway bar endlinks, 17" MOMO CORSE RPM wheels w/ Toyo Proxes4 225/45, drilled/slotted rotors f/r, stainless lines, ceramic pads, Blue silicone radiator hoses, power mode switch, gold jdm hood badge, 20% tint all around, Hella optilux xtreme yellow fog bulbs

parts waiting to go on car: the rest of the strongflex polyurethane suspension bushing set
Old 07-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Deadline's a loomin'.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:18 AM

IBThe****HitsTheFan.
2001 Audi S8
Old 07-14-2012, 08:46 AM

Registered SVX

"Before July 30th 2012"? That's only two weeks from tomorrow! Who's excited?
Old 07-16-2012, 08:12 PM

TruSpeed website is down.