Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 08:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to thickasxthieves
Registered SVX
Re: CAI Feeler

patience is a virtue grasshopper.

ooooooooohhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ooooooooohhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

etc.
Stage 2 ECUTune chip, 370cc injectors, ECUTune valve body and TCU, solid rubber motor mounts from a forester, outlaw phenolic spacers, COBBTuning lightweight blue crank pulley, Bontragerworks 22mm rear sway bar & endlinks, StrongFlex poly front sway bar bushings, Powergrid adjustable front sway bar endlinks, 17" MOMO CORSE RPM wheels w/ Toyo Proxes4 225/45, drilled/slotted rotors f/r, stainless lines, ceramic pads, Blue silicone radiator hoses, power mode switch, gold jdm hood badge, 20% tint all around, Hella optilux xtreme yellow fog bulbs

parts waiting to go on car: the rest of the strongflex polyurethane suspension bushing set
Old 04-17-2012, 09:52 PM

Registered SVX

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Stage 2 ECUTune chip, 370cc injectors, ECUTune valve body and TCU, solid rubber motor mounts from a forester, outlaw phenolic spacers, COBBTuning lightweight blue crank pulley, Bontragerworks 22mm rear sway bar & endlinks, StrongFlex poly front sway bar bushings, Powergrid adjustable front sway bar endlinks, 17" MOMO CORSE RPM wheels w/ Toyo Proxes4 225/45, drilled/slotted rotors f/r, stainless lines, ceramic pads, Blue silicone radiator hoses, power mode switch, gold jdm hood badge, 20% tint all around, Hella optilux xtreme yellow fog bulbs

parts waiting to go on car: the rest of the strongflex polyurethane suspension bushing set
Old 04-18-2012, 07:04 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

How long until your legs go numb from the lotus position?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

You might want to get up and stretch... This will take a while. I bought camber plates a year ago from Johnnybeas and after waiting 9 months I asked for my money back... 3-4 months later still no refund.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 04-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

As usual I'm blamed for stuff that's out of my control.

Bobby,
Camber caster plates came in but were incorrect ones, I ordered the plates from K-Mac for both you and Icingdeath at the same time he received his in a timely manor. I waited two months for you just to submit payment for the plates originally, and Icingdeath had to wait a bit before I submitted his order because we were waiting on you so I didn't have to charge high shipping prices to both of you.

I also sold you the plates at a significant discount, and extended the discount for you even though you didn't actually pay for the item until I had stopped the promo. K-Mac sent the incorrect ones for you and I have the Stage I's sitting here still, that I cannot sell, cannot return, and I don't have the capital to refund you on a part I payed K-Mac for. I've been sending multiple emails, I tried calling their number and paid for international calls and have yet to get a hold of them.

Everyone else,
It is tax season and myself as well as the businesses I've been working with have been very busy, I have had the aluminum annealed and it's been packaged and sent to the bender to bend and put together, I've been working out packaging and final details to get them out to you guys.

I have pics of the material at the annealer's but haven't had time to upload the pictures yet. I also have pictures of the prototype test fitted into the box with the filter and couplers. I will update with what I can while I wait for the bender to do his job, and ship me back the completed intakes. After that they will be hardened, polished, one will be powdered, packaged and shipped.

Next stage will be dyno time. I will schedule a few hours that I can do a pull on stock, pull with Motorsport Warehouse's Stage III, Our Stage I, Stage II, and Stage III. I will then create a map for the stage III for hydra users that can be added as an option to the Stage III intake.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Here is a quick phone picture of the stage III prototype, sorry the quality isn't that great.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg StageIIIprototype.jpg (193.3 KB, 662 views)
Old 04-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Looks good, though it doesn't look like it goes through the fender?

Am I just not looking at it right?

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
Looks good, though it doesn't look like it goes through the fender?

Am I just not looking at it right?
Not looking at it right. It goes through the fender somewhere around that last coupler. Otherwise, the filter would be sitting where the ABS is.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 04-19-2012, 09:28 AM

Registered SVX

Intake is lookin good Johnny. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear everything is moving along. Thanks for doing the work and logisitics for all this.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Not looking at it right. It goes through the fender somewhere around that last coupler. Otherwise, the filter would be sitting where the ABS is.
What he said, but yes on your stage II you will go into a maf adapter and maf after the 30deg bend where the last coupler is. After which you will attach to the last coupler and go into the wheel well.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by thickasxthieves View Post
Intake is lookin good Johnny. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear everything is moving along. Thanks for doing the work and logisitics for all this.
Thank you, glad to see my work is appreciated by some people.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:53 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin4SVX on 06-15-2011
Duke Nukem Forever has been released, hows the intake coming?
Diablo III has been released, how the intake coming?

Its been a month since the last update... any news, pics, numbers?
Old 05-19-2012, 11:14 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 05-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin4SVX View Post

Hahaha.

Diablo 3 looks awesome, and it only took what, 12 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:08 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin4SVX View Post

I think we're still waiting on Starcraft: Ghost.