Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2012, 04:52 AM

95 SVX L AWD needs front differential

Location of the SVX: Mifflinville, PA

Year: 1995

Model: L AWD

VIN: JF1CX3347SH100110

Manufacture date: Will check later today when I get home

Paint Color: Green

Interior Color: Gray

Miles: 217,500

Options: Installed Leather front and rear seats

AWD or FWD: AWD

Modifications: installed a new aftermarket exhaust 5 years ago

Major service: At 165,000 awd gearing rebuilt in the transmission as the awd wouldn't engage. At 210,000 timing belt, water pump, cam and crank seals replaced.

Engine Condition: Runs great despite the mileage, only needs to have new valve cover gaskets installed (have all the parts and also new spark plugs to do it just haven't gotten to it yet) and a new pcv valve.

Maintenance Records: In 2005 at 165,000 rebuilt the gearing for the awd in the transmission, also installed new rear wheel bearings and spark plugs, also installed a new radiator and hoses. At 210,000 transmission fluid/filter flush and change, installed new water pump, timing belt w/new sprockets, camshaft seals and front crankshaft seal. The original springs/struts rusted out at the top so I replaced them with a used set in good condition. Installed new cross drilled and slotted rotors with new brake pads.

Transmission condition: Transmission shifts well and hasn't slipped at all. The only problem is the front differential has gone out and I don't have time to replace it.

Glass condition: All in good condition

Type of tire and remaining tread: Bridgestone Blizzak with approximately 9/32 of tread remaining.

Type of wheels: Stock svx wheels

Interior condition: all is in good condition, the panel directly under the steering wheel broke on the one side so it's hanging down slightly on the right side of the steering wheel but doesn't hinder driving. Leather seats in great condition with the driver's seat having the most wear out of all of them.

Body condition: Body is in good condition, both doors have some small dents on them but nothing major and it's not very noticable. The rear quater panels have a small amount of rust starting to show just about the wheel. Paint is in good condition, was repainted in 2006 by Maaco, wasn't the greatest job but still looks good, could use a good buff.

Known defects or problems: Front differential failed, will drive but the car clunks as it drives forward so not safe to drive at any higher speeds. Engine needs new valve cover gaskets installed. The speedometer and odometer also failed just before the front differential failed.

Comments about the car: I love this car and planned to use it as my daily driver until something major broke which is why I am forced to sell it as I just don't have the time to repair it. It will last for many miles once the front differential is replaced.

Asking price: I know the value of our cars had significantly fallen, especially for one with over 200k miles. I definitely don't want to scrap the car as I know it will be a great car once it is repaired. Make an offer.

Pictures: Will add pictures later once I get home and am able to take some.

I also have a 92 SVX AWD with 119k that I took the engine out of over two years ago to reseal that I would like to part with as well. The paint is in bad shape but no dents or rust. Transmission worked fine before I took out the engine. It has been sitting ever since and I haven't had anytime to work on that either. If interested in either one or both let me know, I can get pictures upon request.