Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2011, 01:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bshade
1992 SVX LSL five speed

Location of the SVX: Elizabethtown PA Near Hershey PA

Year: 1992

Model: LSL

VIN: JF1CX3533NH100931

Paint Color: BLACK

Interior Color: BLACK

Miles: 200,000 PLUS on car engine over 100,000 tranny I don’t know.

Options: Sunroof, power everything

AWD or FWD: AWD

Modifications: Five speed swap with type n cross member, Cross drilled sloted rotors, ceramic race pads, stainless steel lines, ATE super Blue, Clear corners, clear headlights, silverstar bulbs in all the front lights, aftermarket front bumper, aftermarket speakers, semi modded exhaust I don’t know what was done to it as it was done before I got it. I think there is a cat missing.

Engine Condition: Good, new gaskets from the valve covers up including cam seals, new timing belt and tensioner as well. I was putting this engine in my wagon and then got rid of the wagon so this engine has no EGR, No Charcol canister, No cold Idle valve, no butterfly valve between the two halves of the intake. Runs strong

Transmission condition: Good five speed, higher gear ratios the 3.88 or something like that.

Glass condition: Good no dings or cracks

Type of tire and remaining tread: Stock decent tires good for winter over %60 tread.

Type of wheels: Stock and aftermarket both sets go with car. Aftermarket have shot tires on.

Interior condition: Good complete dark gray interior. With lots of extra parts for it.

Body condition: Poor, Paint is faded in places and dings on car. Small rust hole in left rear quarter just behind wheel and above bumper.

Known defects or problems: I can not get the power steering to work right, I replaced the pump and the rack and still have grinding noise coming from pump. The cause is because the fluid is not flowing free through the system and is getting dead headed but I’m not sure why. I don’t feel like messing with it anymore so its going as is. The suspension is shot the shocks anyway, bushing all seem to be fine say bars are good the front has a little play on the ended that is splined. There is no radio there is a broken head unit in it now. I put in a brand new stock replacement clutch but that can not handle the power this engine puts down so it slips as well but is drivable.

Comments about the car: I got the car as a running 5 speed car with lots of problems, I put some time and money into it just to drive it and then started moding as I always do. I was up to twelve cars and am wanting to cut back, this is one of the cars that I can part way with and not feel terrible about. However I don’t want to just give the car away I have to much in it. I have tons of spar parts including stock suspension, pass door wingless trunk almost complete tan interior, and much more. If you buy the car you can have as much of it as you want. I drove this car last winter through all the snow we had and it did great.

Asking price: I would like to get $2500 OBO and no trades unless you have an Austin Healy sprite with a clean title. I work a swing shift so my hours are changing each week PM me or txt me (717) 468-6357 Brad Espenshade

Pictures: I have none at this time I will clean up the car and snap a few,
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 1996 Buell S1 Lightning
1998 Subaru Forester 1993 Chevy K2500
Old 10-12-2011, 02:02 PM

Registered SVX
Re: 1992 SVX LSL five speed

Sounds like it needs some work but would be a nice car when done . GLWS