Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2010, 09:59 AM

Re: SVX bodykit and front update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Can you use THIS?

22B goodness.

It would have been fantastic to see what Subaru could have done with an all-out version of the SVX...

33B, or S601... Imagine a mid-late 90s SVX with a bit more fender extension, an aggressive front fascia, concept-like extended sills under the doors, twin turbo EG33 from the factory, and manual AWD gearbox... A Subaru answer to the Skyline GT-R of that day.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:06 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post

22B goodness.

It would have been fantastic to see what Subaru could have done with an all-out version of the SVX...

33B, or S601... Imagine a mid-late 90s SVX with a bit more fender extension, an aggressive front fascia, concept-like extended sills under the doors, twin turbo EG33 from the factory, and manual AWD gearbox... A Subaru answer to the Skyline GT-R of that day.
That would had be awesome.

I wonder if they based how the 22b wide body looks on the 89 concept SVX?
Maybe its just me but they look so simliar
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration

Last edited by subbieatnz; 02-01-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphinwolf View Post
Widebody gets pretty useless if you don't widen the whole body at the same time. I mean it's doable but if you are already spending the right money on good parts... You should do it all the way.
what are we talking about doing it all the way what would that involve??
Old 02-03-2010, 03:55 AM

I know all these photos more than once have been seen here. However I think what to remind of this SVX from Irkutsk quite good idea. It is the deepest tuning which I saw. I have decided gather all pictures that you could to see the evolution of SVX from Russia.

Nunquam Non Paratus

Last edited by Farang; 02-04-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

I love a lot of these ideas and I'm saving a lot of them. Think any of these variants are possible? Or are they expensive dreams?
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 02-04-2010, 05:21 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
what are we talking about doing it all the way what would that involve??
Well following the OEM lines but cuts and extending the fenders the same means as the GC WRC widebody so it's smooth and doesn't interupt the looks of the car. Then either doing a "bumper stretch" which involves cutting or heating the bumpers to match the width or having new bumpers that are more like the OEM one but cut in the middle and extended by that means to again match the flow of the car and not interupt the need to cover the wheel wells. That would be the basic "needs" of it. Once I can get a chassis I can do this on i can make molds and then get into actually like making an actual rear 1/4 pannel to be a replacement pannel and get other parts like matching sideskirts(especially if they are like the Prototype one!) and get into splitters and other venturi/vortex/defusers.
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 02-04-2010, 05:04 PM

I love the front on the purple car before they went to the supra front end.

Does anyone know what it is? It looks like an aerogear something or other. I know it's not a bolt-on, but does anyone know what it started out as?

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Where could I get a grille like this? Would it fit?

1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 02-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphinwolf View Post
Well following the OEM lines but cuts and extending the fenders the same means as the GC WRC widebody so it's smooth and doesn't interupt the looks of the car. Then either doing a "bumper stretch" which involves cutting or heating the bumpers to match the width or having new bumpers that are more like the OEM one but cut in the middle and extended by that means to again match the flow of the car and not interupt the need to cover the wheel wells. That would be the basic "needs" of it. Once I can get a chassis I can do this on i can make molds and then get into actually like making an actual rear 1/4 pannel to be a replacement pannel and get other parts like matching sideskirts(especially if they are like the Prototype one!) and get into splitters and other venturi/vortex/defusers.
Ya that's what I was thinking, didn't realize that the widebody fender didnt come back to normal front end size and that the front bumper would have to be wider as well.

I'd love to see a front bumper like the one I photoshoped from farang's. nice clean body lines and updating to a newer subaru front end without sacrificing the gigaro design.

I'd deff love the prototype skirts with the kit. I'm down for the whole thing fenders front bumper skirts etc. If you are down to make it keep me on the list of interested. maybe even making them CF?? and doing it with the hood and trunk you were talking about. Just an idea.

Very excited to see people interested in updating finally! a pair of LED tail lights widebody kit new front n side skirts and a lighter trunk I think i have my dream SVX...well after i do my engine,suspension n turbo mods n such. hahaha
Old 02-05-2010, 02:59 PM

Thanks for bringing that dark red SVX with the GTR front bumper cover back up... that is fantastic.

I'd love that thin-slatted grille in chrome, black-chrome, or body-color.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Thanks for bringing that dark red SVX with the GTR front bumper cover back up... that is fantastic.

I'd love that thin-slatted grille in chrome, black-chrome, or body-color.
I love that color also. I would prefer to have the entire car in that color, the interior be tan and with slightly larger BBS's

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
I love that color also. I would prefer to have the entire car in that color, the interior be tan and with slightly larger BBS's
I like the black roof, but I am right there with the rest of it...

and these would go nice with the chrome grille 17x7.5, 5x114.3... +45mm offset... just about perfect fitment.

------------

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 02-05-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:49 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
Ya that's what I was thinking, didn't realize that the widebody fender didnt come back to normal front end size and that the front bumper would have to be wider as well.

I'd love to see a front bumper like the one I photoshoped from farang's. nice clean body lines and updating to a newer subaru front end without sacrificing the gigaro design.

I'd deff love the prototype skirts with the kit. I'm down for the whole thing fenders front bumper skirts etc. If you are down to make it keep me on the list of interested. maybe even making them CF?? and doing it with the hood and trunk you were talking about. Just an idea.

Very excited to see people interested in updating finally! a pair of LED tail lights widebody kit new front n side skirts and a lighter trunk I think i have my dream SVX...well after i do my engine,suspension n turbo mods n such. hahaha
Back up to the exterior mod subforum and look for the thread I made a few days ago. I'm planning on it for sure! I just need my next SVX and access to the stuff I need.
Quote:
I like the black roof, but I am right there with the rest of it...

and these would go nice with the chrome grille 17x7.5, 5x114.3... +45mm offset... just about perfect fitment.
the BBS Formulas look better in my oppinion and really 17x7.5 is too small. Along with the +45 offset. If spending the money do it right. 17-18x8-9" with a +38. Shouldn't need a roll still and looks amazing! It's REALLY hard to find a tire that looks like it fill the wells right without boing big. I mean even with 245's our cars make them look like 205's or something... It makes me sad face going back to 225's for winter. That and I toasted my last set of 245's so I need to start shopping for another set or go bigger to 255's.
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 02-06-2010, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Where could I get a grille like this? Would it fit?

Perhaps this variant svx one of the most successful which are made by me. I like it.
I used a grille from skyline R33 GTS. I think it is possible to install it to svx with a few cutting in a place

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-96...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-S...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-9...Q5fAccessories

Nunquam Non Paratus

Last edited by Farang; 02-06-2010 at 05:32 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:48 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Actually one of out JDM brothers that joined a few months back has a GTR grill on his and I think he said it only too a minimal trimming along the back side. I think it's a very clean looking option and adds to the variable styles we can achieve with our cars.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis