Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2009, 06:09 PM

1992 SVX LSL for sale in TN

Hello to all,

My brother and I used to be on here, but he sold his SVX and mine stopped having problems so when the system was purged of inactive members I was booted. Now I am trying to sell my car and thought here would be the best place to start rather than going straight for a trade in.

State SVX is in: Tennessee
Year: 1992
Model: LSL
VIN: JF1CX3531NH104640
Paint Color: Pearl
Interior Color: Charcoal
Options:
AWD or FWD: AWD
Modifications: resonator removed and straight pipe put in, light weight crank pulley, K & N air filter, new Panasonic CD player in ’08.

Major Service: Timing belt around 150,000 miles, all pulleys replaced, seals, etc.

Engine condition: good, no known problems, needs PCV valve replaced.

Maintenance Records: All the records are still with it from the first owner, the second, and me, except personally done maintenance and oil changes.

Transmission condition: good

Glass Condition: good, windshield replaced, but has warp line visible from inside.

Type of tyre and remaining tread: Kumho, will need replaced in the next year.

Type of wheels: stock.

Interior condition: good except back seat top is cracked where there used to be a roof leak due to clogged sunroof drains, and the upholstery is sagging as is the passenger side visor. The button on the center console is also broken, but it still opens.

Body condition: good except door dings and a scratch on passenger side rear, the front bumper is rough with lots of little nicks, but otherwise fine.

Known defects or problems: needs rear differential bushings replaced (have and will include), engine seals will need replaced with new timing belt in the next year or so.

Comments about the car: new battery 5/09; alternator only 2 years old; 1 yr old (drivers side-replaced by Midas while I watched after I correctly greased the bearing) and 3 year (passenger-my brother and I replaced) rear wheel bearings with no bearing noise; 1 year old brake pads; driver side rear hub is new (($ 1,600 list of replaced parts included), after Subaru of Olathe, KS forgot to tighten the parking brake bolts; spark plugs changed recently to NGK platinum (an extra set of coils can be included that were rescued off of a junkyard car); grounds redone, cleaned, or checked; new power steering hose (7/08) and new PS pump rubber washer; new driver side window switches; new catalytic converters 4/08; ignition switch/cylinder retightened with allen wrench bolts; front rotors are cryo-treated and dimpled (will need changed with next brake pad change); alternator and compressor belts are fairly new sometime in the last two years; external trans-cooler. EGR cleaned and checked - still working, but still throwing code; transmission fluid and filter needs changed (have the filter); alarm system still present, but I have not been able to re-program it so I leave the alarm system off (my fault as electronics are not my strong area); the drivers side rear tail light gets moisture inside of it.
The original transmission was replaced by owner #1 while the car was still under warranty at ca. 54,000 miles. Heat shields are removed, but I still have them in a box. I have a Perma-cool external transmission filter to replace the standard one, but have not put it in. The car has not given any major problems in the past 4/5 years, which is why I have not been on the list asking for help. My wife and I just did a trip to Kansas City and back with no problems, and we averaged about 30 mpg (on the highway this is normal for me). Last year I went to Philadelphia, down through Delaware and back to Knoxville in three days and also averaged ca. 30 mpg and had no problems. Air still blows ice-cold most of the time, but will probably need recharged sometime soon.
I don’t think I have forgotten anything. All the major/minor little problems are taken care of so no issues should arise with the car. I am asking, based on what I see for sale around the US currently a fairly reasonable price (I guess), BUT I am willing to haggle because I do not want to see it traded in and sent away. One dealer (an ass) offered $800 for trade in, another $1200. If I have to I will trade it though.

Asking price: $2800 or OBO

Thanks,

Aaron Floden
Old 09-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: 1992 SVX LSL for sale in TN

Sounds like a nice car with lots of care and time put into it, good luck with the sale
Old 09-18-2009, 12:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to svxman07

how many miles are on the car? i have a friend lookin for a car around the $3000 range and also do u have any pics?
Old 09-26-2009, 04:03 PM

Sorry for the delay. I kept meaning to check, but all the homework and work got in the way.

The mileage is nearing 199,000. I'll get some pic's once the rain stops.

Aaron
Old 10-03-2009, 12:04 PM

Here are some pic's now that it is cleaned. The only major body issue is the scrape on the drivers side rear fender about half way up the tire. Other dings and scratches are all very minor for a 17 year old car.

Aaron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SVX_1.jpg (363.2 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg SVX_3.jpg (329.5 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg SVX_2.jpg (357.1 KB, 158 views)
Old 12-28-2009, 02:59 PM

Dropping the price to $1800 OBO.