Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 04:52 PM
FLATT racing div.

Registered SVX
He told me they would do for over 400 hp! Said they are an exact fit for our car? I just want ones that will help me get the most out of the FLATT intake and exhaust I will be getting later this year!

And of course the stage2v7 ecu tune and z32 MAF!

former:
1991 4wd XT6 5sp. (SUBDUED)
Old 01-02-2007, 05:52 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyone Lunacy
He told me they would do for over 400 hp! Said they are an exact fit for our car? I just want ones that will help me get the most out of the FLATT intake and exhaust I will be getting later this year!

they would. But you would have nothing to control them with..... ITS 370cc guys and thats more then 350hp worth of good fuel.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:

just curious, why are you going with FLATT pieces? The only intake systems I've seen them offer are for the single intake TBs that come on other subies. The exhaust system they offer

looks nice, but I don't see how it's going to offer you any more performance than a good Magnaflow-based system. Do you have a sound clip for it that you could compare with a Stebro system?

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 01-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Ok, I've determined that when the fuel cut kicks in during engine braking the timing drops down to 8 degrees. This leaves us two options for the manual transmisison fix. Either i set a 18 degree floor in the timing table and those with manual transmissions wire up their ecu so that it doesn't initiate engine braking or I make seperate manual transmission version of the software.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:26 AM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
How hard its it to wire the ECU so it doesn't initiate engine braking? If its just a jumper or something easy the I would think its easyer for you to just make one chip.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Just some dude.

I don't have a factory service manual with me right now to look up the wiring shematic and which gear positions don't have engine braking but I remember that one or two of the gear positions do not have engine braking. We have all the signal sources available. We can get 5V if we need it from the fwd fuse location. We can get ground anywhere. If we need a pull down or a pull up we can just add a resistor in the connection to the ground or 5v. Using standard relays it should be pretty easy to tell the ecu it's in neutral when the clutch is depressed and in one of the gears that don't have engine braking when the clutch is not depressed. With that done the engine will no longer cut fuel and timing thinking it should be engine braking with the auto trans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBeefcake
How hard its it to wire the ECU so it doesn't initiate engine braking? If its just a jumper or something easy the I would think its easyer for you to just make one chip.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
engine braking? we don't need no stinkin' engine braking!
-Bill (RB25DET 370 cc injectors now on site!)

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 01-06-2007, 04:15 PM
FLATT racing div.

Registered SVX
Bill-

About the FLATT stuff, I know it is expensive and a PITA to get over here but I would just like to have my svx be a little different. I agree that it may not be any better than a good magnaflow setup(even dayle asked me why not go with my magnaflow and MS intake?) and I just want a unique setup. Ever since I laid eyes on the FLATT stuff my compulsive buyer side kicked in and now it is a goal of mine. Maybe its stupid, but it is how I want my svx. Just a nice NA build in the end is what I want, nothing TOO complicated
The ECU tune seems to be the best other option to enhance performance along with a PWR rad and some 4.44's!(that is about the extent of my build I am planning)

Glad you asked =) any suggestions?

former:
Old 01-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Bill-

About the FLATT stuff, I know it is expensive and a PITA to get over here but I would just like to have my svx be a little different. I agree that it may not be any better than a good magnaflow setup(even dayle asked me why not go with my magnaflow and MS intake?) and I just want a unique setup. Ever since I laid eyes on the FLATT stuff my compulsive buyer side kicked in and now it is a goal of mine. Maybe its stupid, but it is how I want my svx. Just a nice NA build in the end is what I want, nothing TOO complicated
The ECU tune seems to be the best other option to enhance performance along with a PWR rad and some 4.44's!(that is about the extent of my build I am planning)

Glad you asked =) any suggestions?
Gotcha...
While the FLATT exhaust is kind of cool looking and will allow you to say "I've got a FLATT exhaust" , I'd seriously save my money and pass on the FLATT intake. Use the money and fabricate a true cold air system that draws air in from the wheel well. I'd also pass on the PWR rad unless you're looking to go turbo or supercharged eventually. There are at least two or three other viable radiator options that are available now for less $$ (contact SVXFiles for one, the other two are on Ebay). Going with 4.44s is an excellent idea, see SVXFiles for the best deal in town.
As far as ECUTune is concerned, I'd wait for the new stage 1 chip LAN is working on or the 370cc injector-based stage 2 chip LAN is also working on.
-Bill

My Locker
Old 01-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Just some dude.

glad to see you guys are staying on topic

I was just out test driving some software and took a few minutes to pay attention to the fuel cut. It comes on during complete decell in every gear selection but N. That means the ECU should just be wired to always think it is in N and then the nuetral safety switch should be wired to the clutch pedal.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
glad to see you guys are staying on topic

I was just out test driving some software and took a few minutes to pay attention to the fuel cut. It comes on during complete decell in every gear selection but N. That means the ECU should just be wired to always think it is in N and then the nuetral safety switch should be wired to the clutch pedal.

Hey, I tried (check last sentence of my post)
-Bill
p.s. did the valve springs show up yet?

My Locker
Old 01-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Just some dude.

Stage 1v5 is finished. Thread has been started

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...493#post445493

please refrain from talking about your favorite exhaust systems etc in the new thread
Old 01-07-2007, 04:11 PM
FLATT racing div.

Registered SVX
Very sorry LAN
no intentions of hijacking.

My apologies.

former:
Old 01-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Just some dude.

No worries, it's all good. I'm just trying to get the new thread off on the right foot.

Quote:
Very sorry LAN
no intentions of hijacking.

My apologies.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
A little Skyline for the EG33

looks like we'll need new electrical connectors, as the location of the two prongs is not the same....

and yes, they squeeze right into our rails (I'm still going to get them pressure checked)

Note: kudos to the Subaru engineers - the bolts for the injector caps on our rails are phillips head and hex head, while the RB25 caps' bolts are just phillips head (what a pain!)

-Bill (shipping parts out to be blueprinted...)

My Locker