Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 08:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to Duckie
Oh I never said you were wrong. I just choose to keep my mouth mostly shut on issues like this because it would take me about 6 hours to get the same thing across that the video did in a hour. Nobody knows who I am or my extensive backround in history, philosophy, and religion so why would they listen to me?

To be fair most religious agendas are based on killing so that is not exclusive to the Jewish people or their religion. The most important thing for YOU to take away from this, Danny, is the fact that a VERY large portion of Israel and an even larger portion of people of the Jewish faith outside the country disagree with the actions taken. They protest for YOU and they risk their lives for YOU and they get nothing but punishment for it. Please always remember that this war has VERY little to do with religion and much more to do with political agendas. The Jewish people are good peple as are the Muslims.

I would never take something on such as creating a video like I posted. Each individual word you choose is gone over with a fine tooth comb while people disect your video. Using the wrong word can end a career or a life. It is for these reasons why I think the high profile people in this video should be commended...and I am still waiting for your video Lee. Where are the intelectual elite who support the other side? Scratch that, where are the people who use fact and logic to support the other side they dont even have to be "someone of importance", where are they? The VAST majority who support the other side do so because of misinformation, an agenda, racisim, and ignorance...or sadly...because of fear. Then again this often true with anything our media covers.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Appropriate Thoughts

Subject: Today's lesson in World History

Humans existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters and gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in winter.

The 2 most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into 2 distinct subgroups:

Liberals and Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented
yet, so while our early human ancestors were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as "the Conservative movement."

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the
sewing, fetching and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement. Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. The rest became known as 'girliemen.'

Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy and group hugs and the concept of democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef
well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare.

Another interesting revolutionary side note about liberals: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social
workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group the rapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't "fair" to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers,
corporate executives, Marines, athletes and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to "govern" the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America. They crept in after the Wild West was tame and created a business of trying to get MORE for
nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history:

It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to respond to the above and a guilt feeling before simply laughing, denying and
forwarding it. A Conservative will be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately.

Lee
Old 09-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

I had a momentary urge to respond to the above before I felt guilt and simply laughed and denied it.

My conservative brother in law was here, and he staggered over trying to find the forward button on the keyboard before puking all over my carpet.

At least one of the parties evolved.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 09-23-2006, 12:41 PM

Muffins

-Yup, about as on topic as everyone else
Old 09-25-2006, 01:52 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckie
Oh I never said you were wrong. I just choose to keep my mouth mostly shut on issues like this because it would take me about 6 hours to get the same thing across that the video did in a hour. Nobody knows who I am or my extensive backround in history, philosophy, and religion so why would they listen to me?

To be fair most religious agendas are based on killing so that is not exclusive to the Jewish people or their religion. The most important thing for YOU to take away from this, Danny, is the fact that a VERY large portion of Israel and an even larger portion of people of the Jewish faith outside the country disagree with the actions taken. They protest for YOU and they risk their lives for YOU and they get nothing but punishment for it. Please always remember that this war has VERY little to do with religion and much more to do with political agendas. The Jewish people are good peple as are the Muslims.

I would never take something on such as creating a video like I posted. Each individual word you choose is gone over with a fine tooth comb while people disect your video. Using the wrong word can end a career or a life. It is for these reasons why I think the high profile people in this video should be commended...and I am still waiting for your video Lee. Where are the intelectual elite who support the other side? Scratch that, where are the people who use fact and logic to support the other side they dont even have to be "someone of importance", where are they? The VAST majority who support the other side do so because of misinformation, an agenda, racisim, and ignorance...or sadly...because of fear. Then again this often true with anything our media covers.
Duckie, I didn't mean you personally, I rather meant all those who were opposing me. I dunno about all the Jews in the world, but what I can say is both Jew and Muslim doctrines are based on killing to reach the objective.

The Jews believe in their superior race (same as Hitler's doctrine) and they can kill innocents who are non Jew (in other terms, Arabs).

Islam as a religion is based on poverty and living a life of the year 500 AC. They have the Jihad doctrine which is mass engaging the enemy and even dying for a cause. What you know as self bombing (as is happening in Iraq and 9/11 and Al Quaeda ways) is not accepted in Islam, at all. Islam calls for a face to face war for a noble cause, and in case of death for the muslim in that way, he will be rewarded with women and money in the afterlife.

You may be all laughing now at muslims, you are right we also laugh at their beliefs, but this is what is called cultural differences. As the Samurai has his honor thing, and in case he gets dishonored he commits suicide by his own sword, also do muslims and other cultures.

If Islam would be practiced correctly according to the Qu'ran, I consider the Muslims not as dangerous as the Jews. But there are always sabotagers like Al Quaeda in between

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:00 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Danny, I reccomend you should watch the movie The Believer.

Also some Jewish text and philosophy states that Jews are different from other people, being different doesn't mean being better.

Last edited by Weebitob; 09-28-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:05 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob
Danny, I reccomend you should watch the movie The Believer.

Also some Jewish text and philosophy states that Jews are different from other people, being different doesn't mean being better.
Man you should really stop watching movies, the JEWS consider themselves as better than others according to their religion, their are God's chosen people. Come onnnnnnnnn, what more proof do you need? ask any Jew about it if you don't believe me.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:28 AM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
5000 Years if Middle East History in 90 Seconds

This is actually a good historical overview.

http://www.mapsofwar.com/ind/imperial-history.html
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 10-01-2006, 11:12 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Extremism can go both ways and some people can find their way to become moderate while for others it is visa versa. Perhaps the path to truely obtaining peace in middle east within the minds of many indivisuals is for them to excepting that things always change. But it is in people's best interests that they want or desire others to go on living.

Just take a look at both of these videos I have found, you can watch either one first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DabIO_gwRgo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ez4ehd2d2c0

Now I am in the mood to ask a relious Jew and Muslim on their thoughts on Buddhism.

Last edited by Weebitob; 10-01-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:33 AM

One of the things I picked up from the first video above, is there's a penalty for leaving Islam.

God punishes you with death? I always thought that "free will" thing was universal with all the religions.

Funny.... How come every religion in the world makes their deity out to be the meanest, heartless, unyielding SOB to ever cause existance while at the same time... Always preaching kindness?

Exclude Buddha.

Of all the sins man can think up, I think religion tops them all. It's a tool of da debil. I kinz smelz da sulfur!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:12 AM

Buddhism and its offshoot religions have cause more war than any other religions and often times were created to try and creat a military cuo.

I am a big believer in having a belief system but not getting caught up into instutionalized religion. Its not a hobby so why do you meet to discuss it. What could be stronger than personal relationship with the higher spirit in whatever form you choose to see it in. And if you don't believe in one then you probably already have (hopefully) a relationship with yourself.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckie
Its not a hobby so why do you meet to discuss it. .
Every once in a while, you run across something in a newsgroup that is flat out profound.

In my case, this is one of them.

Excellent point Duckie.