Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 01:52 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
I seem to recall pictures of people dancing in the streets and celebrating throughout the Muslim world immediately after 9/11. I don't think those were demonstrations AGAINST such terrorist attacks on the USA. It appeared to be that they were in support of them.

Very few Mullahs (damned few) have condemned the attack or other attacks on Americans.

Lee

Pakistan condemned the attacks...and vowed to help the United States in any way possible...yet they are the ones that funded the taliban and supported them and took in many members of al qaeda....and they are also a strong ally of the United States....wait...huh..?

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 08-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Ren-Ma Osu

I knew someone would go there, but I didn't realize how soon. He was also into scuba
Old 08-23-2006, 03:54 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b on demand
\yet they are the ones that funded the taliban and supported them and took in many members of al qaeda....and they are also a strong ally of the United States....wait...huh..?
They are our friend cause they have teh nukes!!!111!!1

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 08-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
They Are Helping

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b on demand
Pakistan condemned the attacks...and vowed to help the United States in any way possible...yet they are the ones that funded the taliban and supported them and took in many members of al qaeda....and they are also a strong ally of the United States....wait...huh..?
The Pakistani government IS helping in the war on terror. They have been intrumental in the capture of several key Al Qaeda leaders and other active terrorists. Besides they have provided intelligence that has resulted in capture of others throughout the world.

The reality is that the government is on very shakey ground in providing to much direct assistance. There is a very large populace of radical muslims that sympathize with Al Qaeda and help them in many ways. Yes, Al Qaeda members and probably even including OBL are hiding in the tribal areas bordering Afghanistan. Unfortunately, the government has at best only tenuous control of the area.

If you understand political realities---there is no confusion. Not an ideal situation, but still helpful to the US and other western nations.

Lee
Old 08-24-2006, 12:58 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
I seem to recall pictures of people dancing in the streets and celebrating throughout the Muslim world immediately after 9/11. I don't think those were demonstrations AGAINST such terrorist attacks on the USA. It appeared to be that they were in support of them.

Very few Mullahs (damned few) have condemned the attack or other attacks on Americans.

Lee
Those are Al Quaeda supporters... of course they will celebrate, they are stupid. In their Qu'oran, such actions are forbidden... I say it again, ask any Muslims Sheikh about Jihad and he will tell you the same as I did.

Quote:
The Pakistani government IS helping in the war on terror. They have been intrumental in the capture of several key Al Qaeda leaders and other active terrorists. Besides they have provided intelligence that has resulted in capture of others throughout the world.

The reality is that the government is on very shakey ground in providing to much direct assistance. There is a very large populace of radical muslims that sympathize with Al Qaeda and help them in many ways. Yes, Al Qaeda members and probably even including OBL are hiding in the tribal areas bordering Afghanistan. Unfortunately, the government has at best only tenuous control of the area.

If you understand political realities---there is no confusion. Not an ideal situation, but still helpful to the US and other western nations.

Lee
We also did capture few cells related to both Al Quaeda and the Israelis working here. The Al Quaeda members were preparing a major attack in Lebanon, our government managed to catch around 30-40 of them.

As for the Israelis, it was a druze traitor who was an informant for them and the Police captured explosives and high tech static instruments in his apartment...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.

Last edited by SilverSpear; 08-24-2006 at 01:03 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:15 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sorceror
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Those are Al Quaeda supporters... of course they will celebrate, they are stupid. In their Qu'oran, such actions are forbidden... I say it again, ask any Muslims Sheikh about Jihad and he will tell you the same as I did.

We also did capture few cells related to both Al Quaeda and the Israelis working here. The Al Quaeda members were preparing a major attack in Lebanon, our government managed to catch around 30-40 of them.

As for the Israelis, it was a druze traitor who was an informant for them and the Police captured explosives and high tech static instruments in his apartment...
You still here?
Old 08-24-2006, 04:32 PM

Everyone should really get a laugh out of this one.

I shows the damage to beirut and lebanon as the lebenese are reporting it.

Don't worry, b3lla, it is only a couple of minutes long ...

http://www.aish.com/movies/JP/PhotoFraud.asp

"Get it straight"
Old 08-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror

"Get it straight"
Excellent clip, and it's not the first I've seen of the staging. I saw one on the discovery channel, a 30 minute documentary of Palestine. They actually had ambulances standing by, and were caught on tape cueing the "victims", then cueing the Ambulances to drive up into camera view.

I seen one on... not making this up... I seen one on New Orleans after Katrina where they staged stuff.

Why stage stuff that isn't needed? Why ruin credibility? But they do it all the time. Personally I think it's all bad enough, that it isn't needed. Show the real, and that's bad enough in most cases.

I'm not a big literary type person, so I really enjoyed that Mark Twain quote for the first time in my life:

Quote:

"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed..........

If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed" ->Mark Twain

What a great quote!!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 08-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:

"Get it straight"
Just... WoW.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
I read through this entire thread and all I can say is let it be. The world is different, every culture has its own beliefs, and that is a wonderful thing. Trying to argue on beliefs is absurd, noone is going to give. Hitler thought he was the good guy remember that, noone every thinks of themselves as the bad guy, that is Hollywood, and damn them for pushing this "the bad guy knows he is bad" idea. No matter what anyone has done throughout history, it was done thinking they were doing good. So stop with the this terrorist that terrorist stuff, it is getting old. Danny, your country made a mistake, like everyone around the world. What noone seems to want to do is say, oops we botched it. I understand this is hard, for everyone. DanSVX94 you need to chill, the last four pages or so you have been better but God, you become very forceful, and that is not a good way to convey ideas, especially ones that are very tender to some.
Guys, this is a world network, and as that we have to act like adults, and place our issues at the door and come to problems in a manner that your children could look at and learn from.
It does not matter if this group was 99.99999% Americans, it is still called the World Network, that means any view from around the world is accepted. Please, please, do not act as only your view matters.
Chris
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:26 PM

Registered SVX
SiverSpear, ---- Danny,

Can you throw any more light on the following information appearing today in our local news.

---- New Zealand cameraman Olaf Wiig and American television reporter Steve Centanni are being held in a refugee camp near Gaza City by members of a Fatah militia, Palestinian Authority security sources and Hamas activists have told The Jerusalem Post. ----

Thanks, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 08-25-2006, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Excellent clip, and it's not the first I've seen of the staging. I saw one on the discovery channel, a 30 minute documentary of Palestine. They actually had ambulances standing by, and were caught on tape cueing the "victims", then cueing the Ambulances to drive up into camera view.

I seen one on... not making this up... I seen one on New Orleans after Katrina where they staged stuff.

Why stage stuff that isn't needed? Why ruin credibility? But they do it all the time. Personally I think it's all bad enough, that it isn't needed. Show the real, and that's bad enough in most cases.

I'm not a big literary type person, so I really enjoyed that Mark Twain quote for the first time in my life:

Quote:

"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed..........

If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed" ->Mark Twain

What a great quote!!
I concur once again!
Old 08-25-2006, 11:13 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
I concur once again!
Then why are you are so upset with that which you should simply accept as being propaganda?

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 08-26-2006, 08:25 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
I concur once again!

You still here?
Old 08-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Wrong Person to Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
SiverSpear, ---- Danny,

Can you throw any more light on the following information appearing today in our local news.

---- New Zealand cameraman Olaf Wiig and American television reporter Steve Centanni are being held in a refugee camp near Gaza City by members of a Fatah militia, Palestinian Authority security sources and Hamas activists have told The Jerusalem Post. ----

Thanks, Trevor.
If you have read Danny's posts you will see that he knows little or nothing about Gaza and the Palestinians there. That is, of course, where the reporters were kidnapped.

If you read a little more you will see that Danny does not even like the Palestinians except as weak allies against Israel. Palestinian refugees have been a significant problem in his country both in terms of being economic drag as well as causing problems for Lebanon by launching attacks against Israel from Lebanon.

It is typical that even the Palestinian leadership has no control (or at least claims so) over the group that kidnapped the reporters. There are so many different radical Islamic factions that it is impossible to seriously negotiate with a central authority for a long term peaceful solution.

As pointed out in our press, the radicals are attacking the biggest ally in their cause. The worldwide press keeps their causes going. Without the publicity they receive from the press---their causes would die. I don't say this as an indictment against the press---just simply state a recognized reality.

Since this is true---I feel that the reporters will be returned unharmed.

Lee