IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Eddycat's Garage
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2001, 11:57 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Re: Re: Re: If no one wants my damn opinion fine

Quote:
Originally posted by nvrmore100

I may be "young and stupid", as you blatantly pointed out, but at least I can realize when I've overstepped my boundaries. To point fingers at someone you know nothing about, and call them stupid, is bigotry. If I were a minority would you call me some other racial slur?

Ryan
Well, let's start here guys, (I'm including you oneoftheproud), how do I know you're not a minority? I can't see you, I don't know you, all I can do is get a general idea of your intelligence and knowledge by what you post. Having said that, this is an *SVX* forum, it's about CARS, if you don't know what you're talking about then you should keep quiet. Unfortunately you haven't learned that lesson yet...it will come, just wait.

And just as a side note...the posts that I was originally ranting about weren't even on this site, I was pointing out the mis-information being spouted on the Yahoo site.

I have always said that I don't know it all, but when I see BS, I'll fer damn sure be the first one to holler BS! I have invited comments from non techs for fixes that perhaps I hadn't had the time or resources to do, and have applauded the people that have come up with those innovative fixes.

And quite frankly Ryan, I *never* called you stupid, but you are starting to sound like it now. Would you care to stop stomping your feet and throwing a temper tantrum like a 3 year old? (I'm quite sure you've noticed that not only your new posts, but every post you've made here has your childish disclaimer on it.)

If you can't tolerate my posts, then just unsubscribe from my garage, both of you...and I will refrain from posting replies to your messages unless they are complete BS. How's that for a deal?
Old 09-06-2001, 12:08 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000
Seems like every time I get in a pi$$in' match with someone it's a young guy with absolutely no knowledge about what he's talking about.
Not EVERY time.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-06-2001, 12:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Eddy,

First let me state that I am not attacking or defending anyone on thia site or the Yahoo site. To me this is like one big family living in 2 apartments in the same house.
I went back and reread all the messages on this thread and on the Yahoo site (slow day at DuPont) about the window switches and replacing only 2 tires.

I think that you confused Ryan (nevrmore) with someone else's posts on the Yahoo site. Please reread his posts.

I did not go back to the posts on the brakes because, frankly, I actually have to turn in some work ( no matter how little) to earn my exhorbitant salary.

Larry III
Old 09-06-2001, 12:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Gentlemen. I urge you to get a grip on this situation.

This is the kind of stuff I don't want to see on the world network.

Eddy, it may be your "Garage" but, it's my responsibility to keep order in it. Let's be a little more diplomatic in pointing out mistakes.

Ryan and Wayne, please don't let the actions of ONE person cause you to abandon the 299 others. That would be a travesty.

I don't want to lose ANYONE on this board, so, let's try to let this situation pass.

Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-06-2001, 12:59 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Gentlemen. I urge you to get a grip on this situation.

This is the kind of stuff I don't want to see on the world network.

Eddy, it may be your "Garage" but, it's my responsibility to keep order in it. Let's be a little more diplomatic in pointing out mistakes.

Ryan and Wayne, please don't let the actions of ONE person cause you to abandon the 299 others. That would be a travesty.

I don't want to lose ANYONE on this board, so, let's try to let this situation pass.

Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation.
Since posting, I have decided to edit this one down a lot based on the 'keep yer fool nose outta other people's bidness' premise.

...but I still wanna call Aredubjay a 'party pooper' because I don't get enough opportunities to use the word 'poop.'

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 09-06-2001 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-06-2001, 01:30 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

This is getting a wee bit annoying guys. I *never* accused Ryan of giving bad information, I was simply responding to a message that Larry had posted. However Ryan wishes to take that post, I can't help how he feels. This whole situation reminds me of the 14 yr. old brochure totin' tot taking to heart the "beat you like a red headed step child" remark.

Now, having said that, is this when I start stomping my feet and having a temper tantrum?

Oh, and Aredub, if you really feel the need to excercise your authority in eddycat's garage...we'd best be pming each other...it'll get nasty.
Old 09-06-2001, 01:40 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII

I think that you confused Ryan (nevrmore) with someone else's posts on the Yahoo site. Please reread his posts.

I did not go back to the posts on the brakes because, frankly, I actually have to turn in some work ( no matter how little) to earn my exhorbitant salary.

Larry III
<<PS: go back there & read my last message to Ryan.>>

This is the message from Larry that I'm referring to. I *never* mentioned who posted the BS messages on the Yahoo site, nor did I intend to. And my reply to Larry, while it may seem condescending to you younger guys, was meant in jest. (At least the part regarding Ryan).

I'll not apologize for making that post, nor starting the thread. So live with it guys. You can call me a retarded old fart all day long if you wish, it's no skin off my nose, you see, I have a sense of humor, warped though it may be.
Old 09-06-2001, 01:43 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII

Eddy,

As long as I am am on the Yahoo site, you are always welcome.

Looks like we have another Pepe on the site. This one claims to have put a 5-peed tranny in the SVX for only $2500 and 240
man-hours. For all his expertise, he cannot seem to undo the "Caps Lock" button, unfortunately.
Today's kids do not seem to follow the old adage that children should be seen and not heard. We have no one to blame for that except ourselves; since we are their elders.

One last thing; I will not pull the finger or any other appendage of a man who sits around the house all day in a blue bathrobe.

Larry III

I always dream of owning a sports car with a stick shift. I had in the past and SVX has been amazing sans stick shift. I have thought and talked about switching to stick. Don't you have to reprogram the TCU/ECU since those are programed for the automatic tranny? And who has the ready made computer for the car just lying around?

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-06-2001, 01:44 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Since posting, I have decided to edit this one down a lot based on the 'keep yer fool nose outta other people's bidness' premise.

...but I still wanna call Aredubjay a 'party pooper' because I don't get enough opportunities to use the word 'poop.'
Too dang bad I'd already read it huh? But I'd agree, Aredub needs to be called a "poop" once in awhile. Wouldn't want that crown and scepter to raise his (already inflated) ego to new levels.

Oh, sorry, I bet I just bruised another ego. (Is this where you throw a temper tantrum Aredub?)
Old 09-06-2001, 01:55 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000
Oh, and Aredub, if you really feel the need to excercise your authority in eddycat's garage...we'd best be pming each other...it'll get nasty.
No, it wont get nasty for long. So, if you want to avoid difficulty, you can PM me.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-06-2001, 01:56 PM

Good news and bad news

I guess the good news is that people ARE reading and posting and replying.

Bad news is that we are in a bit of a misunderstanding.

With this many people from different places and with different backgrounds, it is possiable to get into "shouting matches."

Guys, just re-read the posts (I have not read any posts that you people are refering to) and I have not been on yahoo! club site for ages. The fact that EC still lurk around on yahoo means that EC still cares and is still a part of the yahoo club site.

Anyways, like Randy said, it would be ashame to loose anyone and we all have seen stuff like this happen here before.

Like mr. pocket, I'd also like to call Randy a party pooper since I too have not used the word poop for a while.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 09-06-2001, 01:57 PM

Registered SVX
Eddy,

I'm back. I completed my work for uncle Dupie.

I am really offended by your attitude.

First of all, I am an older farter than you.

Second, The only one that I have ever met that had a weirder sense of humor than me is Larry Fine's (3 Stooges) nephew. We used to work together for 25 years in Phila. After our first project together they wouldn't let us sit next to each other.

Lastly, you did not respond to my line about pulling your finger or other appendage.

In your defense, I will say that I have never worn a green (or blue) bathrobe. I have a smoking jacket, but I only wear it after SVX. I may have to bring it to West "by God" Virginia.

Larry IiI
PS: It's not the size of your i that maters. It's how far you can see with it.
Old 09-06-2001, 02:03 PM

Registered SVX
Hey Guys

Let's cool it.
Don't call someone who wears zebra striped bikini underwear a "pooper" of any kind.

Larry III
PS: Ill bet you were hoping that we forgot.
Old 09-06-2001, 02:45 PM

<<Hey Guys

Let's cool it.
Don't call someone who wears zebra striped bikini underwear a "pooper" of any kind.

Larry III
PS: Ill bet you were hoping that we forgot.>>

Zebra striped bikinis, weather strippings and what ever else that may come, Randy is a nice guy. I guess we should not call him a pooper. Although. This is the second time I used the word pooper -- make that thrid. Damn, this pooping poop word is catching on. Now, I have to go out and use it on people in the streets ;D

Lwin
Old 09-06-2001, 03:10 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
<<Hey Guys

Let's cool it.

Larry III
PS: Ill bet you were hoping that we forgot.>>

Zebra striped bikinis, weather strippings and what ever else that may come, Randy is a nice guy. I guess we should not call him a pooper. Although. This is the second time I used the word pooper -- make that thrid. Damn, this pooping poop word is catching on. Now, I have to go out and use it on people in the streets ;D

Lwin
I would like to make a disclaimer: I did not mean to call Randy a poop. I originally called him a party pooper because he was trying to break up or cool down the heated discussion in this thread. It was supposed to also accompany a thread I was gonna start in the 'babble' forum that would read like a middle school kid yelling 'fight! There's a fight in the gym! Let's go!' The 1/10th of my brain that has reasoning capability (the same 1/10th that refuses to stop me from grabbing electrified wires repeatedly, crossing busy streets without a light, licking toads, etc) stopped me from doing so. It went so far as to hit me with a stick and wave its index finger (yeah, it has an index finger - weird, huh?) saying sternly, 'No!'

Since I didn't proceed with that full plan, I ended up just calling Randy a party pooper because I wanted to use the word 'poop,' anyway.

Heh...poop...what a funny word...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE