Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2017, 12:52 PM
Some Random Weirdo

05-07 STI coilovers and use of the sway bar (brackets?)

I recently got a set of 05-07 STI coilovers for my SVX. They are lower end Maxspeedracing coilovers, but a lot better than my totally shot stock struts, especially the sagging rears. One of the members of SVX Nation is also using these exact coilovers and said that installing them was fairly easy. Rears lined right up and only the fronts needs to have the holes elongated to make them work. The thing is he, like many others I have read, are foregoing their sway bar to do this.

My question is how do I also use my front and rear sway bars with the STI coilover set up? I have read people using clamp brackets, but I have not seen the specific brackets I need to buy. Does anyone know of which ones to buy, i.e. model number, ect? Do they brackets themselves need any sort of modification in order to be used? I was going to replace my sway bar bushings anyways so I am going to go poly bushings. Just need a way to save the sway bars in order to do that. I know people run it without the sway bars with coilovers, but I would rather avoid that if possible.

Thank you.